10-16-13 06:37 AM
42 12
tools
    Whilst I agree that BB PR are living down to their usual standards... I'd ask the question of what could they possibly say that would improve on their silence?

They could say xBBM is coming soon... cue general ridicule.
    They could say xBBM is on-hold pending sale... cue angry posts about missing the boat.
    They could say xBBM is cancelled... cue angry posts about BB's continued inability to execute on, well, anything!

So, just maybe, BB silence is their best possible response.

For me, I reckon they've cancelled it. The "android leak" excuse was always that... an excuse and a crock.

In the situation BB are in, there's no possible upside to releasing xBBM... yeah, they'd make a few Apple/Android buyers happy to have yet another messaging app to play with, but as xBBM isn't monetised, what would BB gain that would be worth the pain (costs) of releasing?
    I tend to agree with you Jeep...but then...why do the stupid stutter start? Maybe they had already committed to that in some way internally - heck, for all we know they might pushed for that timeline with Apple and Google!

In any case....even if they are trying....they were always amazingly slow (great trait for a highly competitive tech field eh?) and in the individual employees defense, I doubt very much they are in a state of high motivation with a totally uncertain future, and a best case scenario where they look around and realize about half of them won't be there soon.
    10-12-13 09:47 AM
    I tend to agree with you Jeep...but then...why do the stupid stutter start? Maybe they had already committed to that in some way internally - heck, for all we know they might pushed for that timeline with Apple and Google!

In any case....even if they are trying....they were always amazingly slow (great trait for a highly competitive tech field eh?) and in the individual employees defense, I doubt very much they are in a state of high motivation with a totally uncertain future, and a best case scenario where they look around and realize about half of them won't be there soon.
    I wonder if the stutter start had to do with their agreement with Samsung. Blaming the leaked BBM might have gotten them out of contractual penalties which might apply if they said they weren't ready on time.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-12-13 09:50 AM

I honestly don't know why they released/withdrew xBBM, but I reckon BZD might have nailed it in surmising some kind of contractual penalty if it wasn't released. Once it had been released, it could be safely pulled without legal consequences. Obviously there were reputational consequences for BB over the pulled release, but I suspect those to be minimal ... after all...given their track-record... do many people really expect BB to release anything on-time?

As to the bolded part. I once worked for a company that made aircraft. The site closure was announced along with massive redundancies. The employees were told that the aircraft currently on the assembly line would be the last to be made... once they were built, everyone would be sacked.

Would it surprise you to learn that those aircraft c..r..a..w..l..e..d along the assembly line?

And when the last aircraft was parked up outside, a forklift truck accidentally drove into it, necessitating a return to the assembly line, and a further 3-months of work for everyone.
    10-12-13 10:05 AM
    Is there a Facebook page where users can rant on BlackBerry like they did against Rogers do they can get what they want? It's time to stop babying BlackBerry Management and bomb their FB page with complaints.
    Yes there is a BlackBerry Facebook page. It's people like me who field the bombardment of fury, questions and abuse that follows anything like the X BBM fiasco and the failed BB10Playbook episode. I'm now having a break from it all, thoroughly disheartened and given up my Elite status.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 10:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 10:38 AM
    Aw man this thread made laugh so hard, jesus christ. And to top it off, the usernames that posted are amazing haha

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 11:09 AM
    That's a very good question. The "official" story never made sense to me. I can except that the leaked version was broken but why not just replace it with the working version. Here we are a month later and still no working version. I won't even mention the fact that the iOS version was not leaked yet it was still pulled. Very shady, it seems a lot of things about Blackberry lately are very shady.

Twitter: xandermac
    10-13-13 09:10 AM
    LMAO LMAO..... only the chimps could do a better job than we're seeing now....
    10-13-13 11:10 PM
    Is there a Facebook page where users can rant on BlackBerry like they did against Rogers do they can get what they want? It's time to stop babying BlackBerry Management and bomb their FB page with complaints.
    Send an email directly to His Moronship @ theins@rim.com or theins@blackberry.com. Even his executive assistant won't ignore passing them along.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-14-13 04:08 AM
    Yes there is a BlackBerry Facebook page. It's people like me who field the bombardment of fury, questions and abuse that follows anything like the X BBM fiasco and the failed BB10Playbook episode. I'm now having a break from it all, thoroughly disheartened and given up my Elite status.

Posted via CB10
    Since you are still employed by Thorsten use the opportunity to educate him about the wrath awaiting him if he collects UDD55 million and if he dares show his face.

10-14-13 04:14 AM
    Since you are still employed by Thorsten use the opportunity to educate him about the wrath awaiting him if he collects UDD55 million and if he dares show his face.

I'm not employed by BlackBerry. I was a BlackBerry Elite....a volunteer super fan.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:05 AM
    I'm not employed by BlackBerry. I was a BlackBerry Elite....a volunteer super fan.

Posted via CB10
    My sincere apologies for my erroneous inference. But the fact you were a BlackBerry Elite makes my error all the more egregious.

10-14-13 11:27 AM
    Prepare for release? Blum ada tombol installnya. Maybe later this month? Hahaha #BBM #BBM4ALL http://t.co/cLLl8KwAD3

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    10-14-13 11:29 AM
    My sincere apologies for my erroneous inference. But the fact you were a BlackBerry Elite makes my error all the more egregious.

No need to apologise

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:21 PM
    That's a very good question. The "official" story never made sense to me. I can except that the leaked version was broken but why not just replace it with the working version. Here we are a month later and still no working version. I won't even mention the fact that the iOS version was not leaked yet it was still pulled. Very shady, it seems a lot of things about Blackberry lately are very shady.

Twitter: xandermac
    I am with you... If the leaked version was so bad then why even open up and allow authentication. When the leaked version came out the day before or two days before (I don't exactly recall) it wouldn't work and wouldn't log in. Suddenly on mid morning Saturday after the launch time was missed the leaked version began connecting and logging in. From there it spread through the forums like wild fire but only after the launch window was missed.

If the leaked version was so bad then why not release the "official" version on time, 99.9999% of the people would go with the release official version and the old one would have faded into obscurity. Instead they dumped gasoline on the smoldering ashes and the whole thing blew up.

The only conclusion I draw is that the leaked version was intended to be the final version and it was leaked on purpose to get a test bed of users trying to run it to make sure their server capacity could handle it and they figured out quick that it couldn't and so they blame the leak and regroup...

PG
    10-14-13 06:50 PM
    I believe it was delayed in order to manipulate the stock price in a downward direction in order to let Prem buy at a sweat heart price.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:00 PM
    I believe it was delayed in order to manipulate the stock price in a downward direction in order to let Prem buy at a sweat heart price.

Posted via CB10
    You give blackberry too much credit.
    10-16-13 06:37 AM
42 12