07-08-14 02:03 AM
83 1234
tools
    This is a great idea, blackberry should stress on the "security" aspect of the bbry devices in advertising campaigns.

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.1055
    Government procurements don't work that way, they can't just turn up at the door and say, here, use my phone.

Companies have to tender for such contracts.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 05:23 AM
    Government procurements don't work that way, they can't just turn up at the door and say, here, use my phone.

Companies have to tender for such contracts.

Posted via CB10
    Again treat this as a way to support the men and women working in America for Blackberry. Really worth it. I understand where you're getting at but really this is a good opportunity to make a little more light-hearted since its Xmas coming up.
    12-11-13 05:43 AM
    Again treat this as a way to support the men and women working in America for Blackberry. Really worth it. I understand where you're getting at but really this is a good opportunity to make a little more light-hearted since its Xmas coming up.
    How exactly would this support BlackBerry employees in the US?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:58 AM
    As I understand it, Obama's favorite toy is the iPhone, but "they" won't let him use it.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:40 AM
    They just can't send him just any BlackBerry (current) it has to be a different grade of security and it will have to be in collaboration with the secret service who buys the president these things. The BlackBerry he's using was designed with the secret service and bought by the secret service for him. His old Verizon Bold/Tour whichever one he had before inauguration got taken away.
    If they decide to go with Q10 which will be the ideal the secret service will have to be in on it for the president to accept it.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:03 AM
    Send Obama a Porsche design! Or a z30.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:53 AM
    I'm a Canadian, . But yes President Obama, sir.
    Hahaha. It was just me busting your chops my Canadian friend. I really like your idea.

Though, what if we get one of these into Prime Minister Harper's Hands?

(Note: I called him PM our of respect for the Man and our Canadian Allies. Love you guys to the North.)

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:36 AM
    Blackberry could however, go ahead and send them and announce it publicly. With a message that says "Blackberry supports the president in his efforts to keep you secure!"
    That would absolutely RUIN BlackBerry's chances of being taken seriously. The pres/gov/nsa has been spying on us. Why would BlackBerry want to send that kind of a message?!
    12-11-13 11:09 AM
    Old BlackBerry for working and Z30 for playing angry birds go. Lol

BBM Channel C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    gng11 likes this.
    12-11-13 11:43 AM
    Why are we talking about Obama and not about the foxy Denmark prime minister who might actually use a Z10?

edit: might... guess it could have been Cameron's. Somebody uses it! lol
    12-11-13 12:13 PM
    It would get ripped apart in public as a partisan foreign company interfering in US affairs.

Bad idea.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 12:50 PM
    Easy:

An open letter to President Obama

Dear President Obama,

Thank you for your continued support of BlackBerry. You have had a trusted BlackBerry at your side for several years now, and we have certainly taken notice.

BlackBerry is proud of the Bold 9900 series that you currently use, but we are really excited about the new BB10 line of devices. Enclosed, please find a new z10 and z30 for your use. If you prefer the legendary experience of BlackBerry's physical keyboard, rest assured we have included a q10 as well.

These are the best communication tools BlackBerry has ever made, and yet still retains the unmatched security that your office demands and BlackBerry has always provided.

We are honored that national security entrusts BlackBerry with the most sensitive information, and we will not betray that trust.

If you require more devices for your security team, we have them ready to be deployed. Feel free to call me directly. Or better yet, BBM me. My BlackBerry PIN is preloaded on each device.

Sincerely,

JC

Posted via CB10
    gng11 likes this.
    12-11-13 12:57 PM
    ^^^^ lmao! Love that ending

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 01:00 PM
    It would get ripped apart in public as a partisan foreign company interfering in US affairs.

Bad idea.

Posted via CB10
    They're already getting ripped apart for that selfie, just read a headline today " No Seflie Respect For Mandela" now BlackBerry is associated with that.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 01:29 PM
    Easy:

Dear President Obama,

Thank you for your continued support of BlackBerry. You have had a trusted BlackBerry at your side for several years now, and we have certainly taken notice.

BlackBerry is proud of the Bold 9900 series that you currently use, but we are really excited about the new BB10 line of devices. Enclosed, please find a new z10 and z30 for your use. If you prefer the legendary experience of BlackBerry's physical keyboard, rest assured we have included a q10 as well.

These are the best communication tools BlackBerry has ever made, and yet still retains the unmatched security that your office demands and BlackBerry has always provided.

We are honored that national security entrusts BlackBerry with the most sensitive information, and we will not betray that trust.

If you require more devices for your security team, we have them ready to be deployed. Feel free to call me directly. Or better yet, BBM me. My BlackBerry PIN is preloaded on each device.

Sincerely,

JC

Posted via CB10
    LMAO, so naive!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 01:33 PM
    Naive?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 01:43 PM
    Naive?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, very, heads of state are not celebrities that get stuff for free.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 03:40 PM
    His approval ratings are at an all time low haha I don't think now's the time for this.

They should hit up the Clintons, especially Hillary. She can't go anywhere without scrutiny on what it means for 2016, and she remains popular throughout the world and in American politics, save for the far right.

She's using one in her Twitter avatar, though her latest Tweets are from "Twitter for iPhone." She seems like the Q10 type!

EDIT: I just saw her latest tweet... she has a BlackBerry 10 device already. BlackBerry 10's Twitter app says "via Twitter for BlackBerry," whereas the legacy devices says "via Twitter for BlackBerry " I wonder which one she got..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SK122387; 12-11-13 at 10:52 PM.
    12-11-13 04:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    They get gifts all the time. Every sports team that wins a championship gives a custom uniform, which probably costs more than a BlackBerry.

Even if he doesn't accept it, it's more of a symbolic statement

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 04:57 PM
    They get gifts all the time. Every sports team that wins a championship gives a custom uniform, which probably costs more than a BlackBerry.

Even if he doesn't accept it, it's more of a symbolic statement

Posted via CB10
    Not the same thing, his office doesn't run on gifts.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 05:10 PM
    Easy:

Dear President Obama,

Sincerely,

JC

Posted via CB10
    You sum up my ideas pretty good lol.
    12-11-13 05:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Politicians do exchange gifts from one country to another as part of relationship building, so in effect, the President COULD get a gift from Blackberry, but he can choose however he wants to do with it, OR go according to government protocol.
    12-11-13 05:57 PM
    Hahaha. It was just me busting your chops my Canadian friend. I really like your idea.

Though, what if we get one of these into Prime Minister Harper's Hands?

(Note: I called him PM our of respect for the Man and our Canadian Allies. Love you guys to the North.)

Posted via CB10
    You can bust my chops, but I know American politics too my buddy to the South.

The Prime Minister reportedly does carry a handset of some form, but usually Her Majesty's Government of Canada staff and politicians uses Blackberries by default -- BBOS and BB10-- at least at work. It would be crying foul if all used an iPhone on Parliament Hill in Ottawa.
    12-11-13 06:00 PM
    Not the same thing, his office doesn't run on gifts.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't have to run on anything. He could have white house staff chuck it in the trash when it arrives.

It's a PR stunt to capitalize on the recent news of the leader of the free world not being allowed to use anything but BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 07:59 PM
    Nice thought OP. Aside from cheering here on CB, it won't register with the American public.

Americans don't care what phone the President uses.

If fact, it might just further cement the idea that Blackberry are for dinosaurs in suits.
    12-11-13 08:37 PM
83 1234