07-08-14 02:03 AM
83 123 ...
tools
    Yes this may be old news already, (Obama's Blackberry: President not allowed to use iPhone for "security reasons.")
    BUT, there should be more reasons I personally think that Blackberry should really step up its US marketing efforts-- and in a cheekily/amusing way.

Why Obama Still Uses a BlackBerry (& why he needs a new one, personally delivered by CEO John Chen)-156901044.jpg.crop.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

Recently Obama was talking Obamacare, and the subject of using a Blackberry vs iPhone was brought up, for cost comparison reasons.
    Now, I am not allowed, for security reasons, to have an iPhone. (Laughter.) I dont know what your bills are. I have noticed that Sasha and Malia seem to spend a lot of time on it. (Laughter.) My suspicion is that for a lot of you, between your cable bill, your phone bill, you're spending more than 100 bucks a month. The idea that you wouldnt want to make sure that you've got the health security and financial security that comes with health insurance for less than that price, you guys are smarter than that. And most young people are, as well.
    Since Obama has been using an older Blackberry, it really would be fitting for Blackberry Ltd. and its CEO, John Chen (who, by the way, is a fellow American) to take the opportunity to go all the way to the White House, hold a press conference, and present Obama a new personalised Blackberry Z10, Z30 and a Q10, and a unlimited free supply of Blackberries for him while he is still in office. In case he breaks one, he's entitled to get one for free of cost.

I am sure THAT will get people talking, if not the President of the United States himself.

And hey, why not spread some holiday cheer?
    12-10-13 03:39 AM
    Wow!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:48 AM
    I agree, although I don't see the White House agreeing to a marketing gimmick. Especially not for a non-American company.

Blackberry could however, go ahead and send them and announce it publicly. With a message that says "Blackberry supports the president in his efforts to keep you secure!"
    12-10-13 03:49 AM
    I think the Porsche phone should be given.

Posted via CB10
    raph_ryo and gg22 like this.
    12-10-13 06:58 AM
    I agree, although I don't see the White House agreeing to a marketing gimmick. Especially not for a non-American company.

Blackberry could however, go ahead and send them and announce it publicly. With a message that says "Blackberry supports the president in his efforts to keep you secure!"
    Haha, there ARE however, US staff on payroll in the US offices of Blackberry in Washington DC, Washington State, Michigan, Texas, NJ, CT, MA, Florida, and most importantly, San Diego and Redwood City in California. So that counts as American jobs for an American economy.The US president can think of using a Blackberry to support those awesome men and women in those offices there.
    12-10-13 07:27 AM
    It is old news. Why not just add to one of the other threads on it?
    12-10-13 07:33 AM
    It is old news. Why not just add to one of the other threads on it?
    I am trying to articulate this marketing idea so that we can focus on it more than just Obama using a Blackberry himself.
    12-10-13 07:37 AM
    I am trying to articulate this marketing idea so that we can focus on it more than just Obama using a Blackberry himself.
    Couldn't agree with you More OP. This is a great idea. And having the CEO (Like you said a fellow American) come and deliver it would be a great move.

I do have one nit-pick though: He should be addressed as "President Obama" early in your post, before you just call him Obama. :> After the 1st time, you can do away with "President" but it should be there the 1st time.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:26 AM
    The president would need battery life, secure communications and reliability. So Q10 or Z30. His choice can be encrypted and whatever is needed by his staff. Don't make a big deal about it. Stay classy. Just offer him a choice and give his security detail help with encryption and security. I like that approach. Making a big deal about it right now shows desperation. Trust me people will turn this around on BlackBerry so fast.
    gng11 and Knightcrawler like this.
    12-10-13 09:36 AM
    The president would need battery life, secure communications and reliability. So Q10 or Z30. His choice can be encrypted and whatever is needed by his staff. Don't make a big deal about it. Stay classy. Just offer him a choice and give his security detail help with encryption and security. I like that approach. Making a big deal about it right now shows desperation. Trust me people will turn this around on BlackBerry so fast.
    Yeah, they would have to be careful how they frame it, especially considering that BlackBerry being a Candian company would not look good offering security advice. (Nothing against the Canucks, I think this is a Great idea, but I also know my countrymen. Some would hate the idea of a foreign nation's leading tech company doing anything for the President.) But this would be a Great look, get him on BES10, with Secret Service running the servers (or whoever would be apporpriate.)

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:42 AM
    Give new BlackBerry phones to the entire White House staff. Let's do it.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:59 AM
    I dislike both JB and O, however JB would sell many more phones. O having a BB almost makes me go to Android. I think I am getting ulcers.
    gniko21 and David Tyler like this.
    12-10-13 10:45 AM
    Yeah I agree OP in this day and age you really have to think outside the box to get your product to stand out.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 12:34 PM
    Blackberry Z30 bullet proof
    12-10-13 12:44 PM
    This idea could be spread to other companies who don't want to build apps for BlackBerry or aren't aware of the power of the new OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 01:13 PM
    I think there is probably a better chance of getting a z10 installed into an iPhone case and presenting him with that.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 02:06 PM
    Just saw this one today
    BlackBerry Z10 used for Head-of-State portrait at Mandela's memorial

Looks like the Denmark PM is getting impressed by Obama showing off the time-shift camera!

edit: better pic

Why Obama Still Uses a BlackBerry (& why he needs a new one, personally delivered by CEO John Chen)-enhanced-buzz-wide-12432-1386693347-9.jpg
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/lisatozzi/is...e-of-2013?bftw

Mrs. Obama is clearly an iPhone person
    gng11 and pmccartney like this.
    12-10-13 02:25 PM
    I'm a Canadian, . But yes President Obama, sir.
    12-10-13 02:55 PM
    Just saw this one today
    BlackBerry Z10 used for Head-of-State portrait at Mandela's memorial

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/a...s-memorial.jpg

Looks like the Denmark PM is getting impressed by Obama showing off the time-shift camera!

edit: better pic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enhanced-buzz-wide-12432-1386693347-9.jpg 
Views:	923 
Size:	270.4 KB 
ID:	228752
    Is This The Most Important Selfie Of 2013

Mrs. Obama is clearly an iPhone person
    LOL, it looks more like the fact that isn't a Z10 belonging to Pres. Obama, but more like Denmark's Prime Minister. Still.... Obama seems to like the Time-Shift mode??
    12-10-13 02:59 PM
    Since it's Xmas time, it would be fitting to present the President a neat gift. And by the way, Queen Elizabeth was given and reportedly uses a Blackberry too, when Lazaridis was still at the helm...
    12-10-13 03:03 PM
    This is a great idea, blackberry should stress on the "security" aspect of the bbry devices in advertising campaigns.

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.1055
    12-10-13 03:05 PM
    I agree with the OP too. I hope BlackBerry actually does something like this proposal.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:12 PM
    Since it's Xmas time, it would be fitting to present the President a neat gift. And by the way, Queen Elizabeth was given and reportedly uses a Blackberry too, when Lazaridis was still at the helm...
    Queen Elizabeth II is Canada's head of state. That kind of changes the "optics"
    rthonpm likes this.
    12-10-13 09:03 PM
    Won't happen - the Secret Service would reject it. But it would be awesome if Obama suddenly rocked a Q10 any day now !!!

I remember the @BlackBerry Twitter account has Tweeted "honoured to be on @BarackObama's security team" or something like that

Finally, the BES/Enterprise folks sort of make use of it by saying things like "There's Good Security. And Then There's National Security."
    12-11-13 02:28 AM
    Yes this may be old news already, (Obama's Blackberry: President not allowed to use iPhone for "security reasons.")
    BUT, there should be more reasons I personally think that Blackberry should really step up its US marketing efforts-- and in a cheekily/amusing way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	156901044.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg 
Views:	2049 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	228619

Recently Obama was talking Obamacare, and the subject of using a Blackberry vs iPhone was brought up, for cost comparison reasons.

Since Obama has been using an older Blackberry, it really would be fitting for Blackberry Ltd. and its CEO, John Chen (who, by the way, is a fellow American) to take the opportunity to go all the way to the White House, hold a press conference, and present Obama a new personalised Blackberry Z10, Z30 and a Q10, and a unlimited free supply of Blackberries for him while he is still in office. In case he breaks one, he's entitled to get one for free of cost.

I am sure THAT will get people talking, if not the President of the United States himself.

And hey, why not spread some holiday cheer?
    A President accepting gifts? Lol, can you imagine the backlash? I'm sure it would be breaking numerous laws too.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 05:20 AM
83 123 ...