Now this is just my option .. so here it goes.

They said they bought Movirtu to provide a better BYOD experience for consumers\prosumers... and this maybe true but I think in the long run their plan is to integrate Movirtu's features and function(s) into BBM. imagine if your BBM could have a local number (similar to Skype) and now for one local flat fee a month you can call anywhere and anyone though BBM utilizing Blackberry's massive infrastructure network. They would essentially be providing you a VoIP service on one of the biggest and fastest networks in the world. Take it a step further and what if every car in the future needs to be connected as part of IoT. well no need fiddle with SIM cards and carriers. a software from BB will take care of that along with QNX.
    10-03-14 12:19 PM
    That idea certainly has some potential, though you may get shut down immediately..
    It could have also been an acquisition just to get past a couple patents and create some media buzz around the subject. Either way let's hope to see some growth in not only BlackBerry features, but a new revenue stream is always great

BB for Life
    10-03-14 01:08 PM
    Any which way this acquisition takes off, IMO it will be a win win for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:37 AM
    Now this is just my option .. so here it goes.

They said they bought Movirtu to provide a better BYOD experience for consumers\prosumers... and this maybe true but I think in the long run their plan is to integrate Movirtu's features and function(s) into BBM. imagine if your BBM could have a local number (similar to Skype) and now for one local flat fee a month you can call anywhere and anyone though BBM utilizing Blackberry's massive infrastructure network. They would essentially be providing you a VoIP service on one of the biggest and fastest networks in the world. Take it a step further and what if every car in the future needs to be connected as part of IoT. well no need fiddle with SIM cards and carriers. a software from BB will take care of that along with QNX.
    That sounds like a really good idea. Hope that if it's possible, that they implement it.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:03 PM
    Last time I have been so curious about the future and have seein so many visions was when windows 7 was coming out for the PC AMD the phone. Finally after further 4 years Microsoft is finally creating a unified OS experience......

Here we are with BlackBerry. Everyone thought that they were dead, but they moved on and out goof the woodwork comes a brilliant money maker!

You want to get your toys online? Just add them via a toggle to your carrier.
    Calls over the car? No problem.

I just hope that they will be able to make this carrier independent.
    With the vast NOC the old idea of BlackBerry being a global sub carrier has been in my mind all over again.

There are so many possibilities how BlackBerry could serve Enterprise, the IoT and prosumers as well.

BlackBerry will be not just like Skype. It will be the standard solution to connect everything in your life.

Instead of paying for BIS, you pay per device to share your data tariff.... brilliant!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-04-14 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD