10-10-14 07:14 AM
34 12
tools
    On the launch day I went to the Telus store at Square 1 in Mississauga. There was a rep at the front door with a working unit, a working Z30 for me to compare and phones in stock. I was impressed.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-02-14 10:26 PM
    I think exclusive deals are a bad idea, especially at this stage in the game. Fortunately it was only exclusive for a short time.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    10-03-14 11:02 AM
    I am impressed how Telus handles their online orders. I have ordered the Z10 (launch), Z30, and Passport and have they all have shipped within a couple days tops. I remember being so excited to receive the Z10 on my doorstep right on day 1. It does help that they ship from Alberta and I live in BC. Telus is quick with the official OS updates too. Their plans on the other hand not so good... but that can be said of any of the big three.

It would have best for us if they released the passport on all the carriers but if one deserves to be exclusive for week, it should be Telus.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:12 PM
    I am impressed how Telus handles their online orders. I have ordered the Z10 (launch), Z30, and Passport and have they all have shipped within a couple days tops. I remember being so excited to receive the Z10 on my doorstep right on day 1. It does help that they ship from Alberta and I live in BC. Telus is quick with the official OS updates too. Their plans on the other hand not so good... but that can be said of any of the big three.

It would have best for us if they released the passport on all the carriers but if one deserves to be exclusive for week, it should be Telus.

Posted via CB10
    They deserve it because they are your carrier?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-03-14 04:16 PM
    They deserve it because they are your carrier?

Sorry, deserve was a poor choice of word. I just meant they appear better/more organized than the other carriers when it comes to getting BlackBerry hardware to their customers. So, I see why they got the exclusive but it doesn't mean it's right. I certainly don't like seeing the BlackBerry community on other carriers struggle trying to get the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 05:49 PM
    Sorry, deserve was a poor choice of word. I just meant they appear better/more organized than the other carriers when it comes to getting BlackBerry hardware to their customers. So, I see why they got the exclusive but it doesn't mean it's right. I certainly don't like seeing the BlackBerry community on other carriers struggle trying to get the passport.

Posted via CB10
    OK. I understand now.

I have to say that Bell has been pretty good too, when I've ordered devices through the website. The order was usually processed the same business day or the next. I can't say if they are better or worse than Telus as I've never ordered anything through them.

10-03-14 08:15 PM
    According to the BlackBerry rep that I spoke to in the Rogers Conestoga mall store, BlackBerry regretted giving Telus the exclusive. Rogers has sucked at getting a business customers a device in a timely fashion. There was a customer at the Rogers store who was picking up a pre ordered Passport. I have five business mobility lines with Rogers. I would have loved taking the Passport on a trip this Wednesday.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 09:11 PM
    I'm sure everyone here watched the passport launch

My feeling is that Telus Health is a big reason why Telus got an exclusive and rightfully so.

They spent a good chunk of time during the presentation describing how it's a great device for Doctors etc, with Telus Health such a massive force in that sector it only makes sense.

Will help them make huge headway into getting these devices into the hands of professionals, and I'm sure BlackBerry stands to get reciprocal business providing mobile and enterprise security in that sector. Partnering up in some fashion with Telus would be huge...after all that's where the core business is now.

Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-06-14 09:32 PM
    I have never had anything to do with Telus however my son/daughter in law just changed to them from Bell and are loving there plan and service .Maybe I will look into them also .
    10-10-14 07:14 AM
34 12