05-04-15 10:37 AM
92 1234
tools
    I need a phone with a 128-bit OS, 6.1 GHz quad core processor, 1T flash drive, 64 GB Ram, and a 12MP camera. Otherwise, it is just yesterday's phone, it won't do anything that I need it to do, and it doesn't really deserve to even be on the market! I also need millions upon millions of apps because there will never be enough apps to make my life as easy as it should be and to help me to find true happiness!

If BlackBerry doesn't give me what I need within the next quarter, I will go back to my land-line...or maybe even Windows mobile to teach them a lesson they will never forget...
    Nascarfan24 likes this.
    03-24-15 08:37 PM
    I need a phone with a 128-bit OS, 6.1 GHz quad core processor, 1T flash drive, 64 GB Ram, and a 12MP camera. Otherwise, it is just yesterday's phone
    Just quad core and 12MP? Lol
    SeeBeeEss and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-24-15 08:50 PM
    Harley Davidson does quite well for itself, with less than inspiring specs. Don't get me wrong. I like Harley's and would like one in my garage, but they are the type of bike that doesn't need 150 horsepower to enhance the ride. My super duper powerful race engined 750 is rated at about 150hp, but I rarely use half of that. I would probably enjoy a Sunday afternoon ride more often on a Harley than a sport bike.

Perhaps is motorcycle comparisons to cell phones is a bad analogy (the snow is almost melted, can't wait to get back on the bikes), but I do like the end user experience on my dual core 720p blackberries more than the state of the art android powerhouses due to the operating system. Clickety clacking on my $100 q5 is viscerally more satisfying than some glass slabbed anonymous android powerhouse.
    I think you have hit on something really interesting.
    03-24-15 08:52 PM
    I think you have hit on something really interesting.
    Harley Davidson is intentionally low-tech - most of the bike is 1950's tech at best.

But smartphones are HIGH technology products, and trying to sell a "retro-high-tech" device isn't likely to get you many sales. The true retro fans are using old rotory AT&T landline phones that are nuclear-proof, or at least something like a flip-phone. People who buy smartphones want, you know, HIGH technology, because that's the whole point.

As z10Jobe said himself: "Perhaps is motorcycle comparisons to cell phones is a bad analogy."
    JeepBB and Bbnivende like this.
    03-24-15 10:38 PM
    What about all the Japanese enamored with their feature phones? Hmmm

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 11:53 PM
    On site rapid 3D rendering for engineers for one. Larger number calculations that currently aren't available to apps today, but will evolve with the newfound ability for two. Advancement breeds ability. The downfall of any company is the sense that "What we have now is good enough". Enter the RIM/BBRY fall from grace.

Via Tapatalk
    Your too young for this....but that's the exact situation Apple was in in 1997. Everyone thought they would be done. Funny how things change.

Brought to you by an overpriced carrier.
    03-25-15 12:56 AM
    Your too young for this....but that's the exact situation Apple was in in 1997. Everyone thought they would be done. Funny how things change.

Apple had the benefit of Steve Jobs.

Kind of a one-off, since sadly, they aren't making anymore of him.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    03-25-15 03:54 AM
    Additionally, I doubt DenverRalphy was so young in 1997 that he couldn't have read a newspaper...and even if he was, he's probably become familiar with the story since because he's a tech enthusiast.

...or were you just being patronizing?

03-25-15 04:05 AM

Apple reinvented themselves... much like Chen is trying to do with BlackBerry today.
    03-25-15 08:31 AM
    Apple reinvented themselves... much like Chen is trying to do with BlackBerry today.
    You've gotta be freakin kidding!

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-25-15 08:44 AM
    Apple reinvented themselves...
    By supplying consumer products which filled a void in the marketplace while creating totally new product categories. Plus revolutionizing how digital media is distributed and consumed.

No easy feat for a tech company to replicate.
    03-25-15 08:55 AM
    Additionally, I doubt DenverRalphy was so young in 1997 that he couldn't have read a newspaper...and even if he was, he's probably become familiar with the story since because he's a tech enthusiast.

...or were you just being patronizing?
    Yeah LOL! I was more than old enough. Old enough that I saw Michael Dukakis' name on the first Presidential ballot I was eligible to submit.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-25-15 09:14 AM
    I would think that the heavy number crunching needed in some of those genome apps touted in the Nanthealth deal would benefit greatly from 64 bit processing. The more a device is capable of, the more you do with a device.

Posted via CB10
    There's no mobile device alive that can do genomics: even the Nanthealth apps are pulling the data back from an HPC cluster. I support several bioinformatics labs so I know just how much work goes into processing genomic data.

Ultimately, we'll be at the point where mobile devices are really ready for a 64-bit handset. For now, the limitations in battery life and RAM make it more of a marketing gimmick than anything else. If anything, I could see tablets running with a little more success in the very near future. RAM density still needs a way to go before more than 4 GB is able to be stored on a compact handset.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    03-25-15 09:57 AM
    Harley Davidson is intentionally low-tech - most of the bike is 1950's tech at best.

But smartphones are HIGH technology products, and trying to sell a "retro-high-tech" device isn't likely to get you many sales. The true retro fans are using old rotory AT&T landline phones that are nuclear-proof, or at least something like a flip-phone. People who buy smartphones want, you know, HIGH technology, because that's the whole point.

As z10Jobe said himself: "Perhaps is motorcycle comparisons to cell phones is a bad analogy."
    The new Harleys are not 1950's tech, and since 1984 and the introduction of the EVO motor their have been many improvements in the techbology. They are new tech recreating the feel and sound of the old tech. They also use much more higher quality manufacturing processes on things like the gas tank (rolled formed metal where the japanese bikes are stamped metal). The motorcycle analogy is horrible though.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-25-15 11:48 AM
    maybe you should get a galaxy S6, op? If those are the models that you admire..
    03-25-15 02:39 PM
    Ultimately, we'll be at the point where mobile devices are really ready for a 64-bit handset. For now, the limitations in battery life and RAM make it more of a marketing gimmick than anything else.
    It always amuses me that the iPhone being first, by more than a year, to market with a 64bit chip set is referred to as a "marketing gimmick."
    It's not. It's an absolute certainty that mobile 64 bit architectures are coming. Being the first to get there is exactly what should be expected of the market leader.

JeepBB, MarsupilamiX and techvisor like this.
    03-25-15 11:50 PM
    It always amuses me that the iPhone being first, by more than a year, to market with a 64bit chip set is referred to as a "marketing gimmick."
    It's not. It's an absolute certainty that mobile 64 bit architectures are coming. Being the first to get there is exactly what should be expected of the market leader.

Heheh.. You've been here long enough to know that *anything* done first by anyone other than BB is always just dismissed here as a "gimmick". It's the CB way.

I agree with you, 64-bit is coming. I don't believe there's much software that *needs* 64-bit at the moment, but the hardware has to precede the software of necessity.
    03-26-15 04:36 AM
    Heheh.. You've been here long enough to know that *anything* done first by anyone other than BB is always just dismissed here as a "gimmick". It's the CB way.

I agree with you, 64-bit is coming. I don't believe there's much software that *needs* 64-bit at the moment, but the hardware has to precede the software of necessity.
    Exactly, so why continue to troll??? No interesting Iphone or droid users to chat with??

ḅṛġḧẗ ẗ ḅ ṅ ṿṛṗṛċḋ ċṛṛṛ.
    03-26-15 04:46 AM
    Oh do grow-up.

I got over being called names by the age of 10.

This is a discussion forum, pertaining to things BlackBerry. Many of us have been BB owners for years, and are genuinely interested in what is happening in the world of BlackBerry, and how Chen will steer the ship around the rocks.

If we didn't come here, we'd never know what was happening because no other outlet exists for BB news anymore. Blackberry is considered dead as a dodo by the world in general. I actually think the "world" is wrong, and BlackBerry (the company) will survive... and may even thrive. I'm interested enough to stick around long enough to find out.

You can do a bit more name-calling now. Hater is always a good one.
    03-26-15 05:00 AM
    And I agree. Forums filled with Droid and Iphone strokers gets old man. You wouldn't know it's a site for BB site the way some of these forums go.

ḅṛġḧẗ ẗ ḅ ṅ ṿṛṗṛċḋ ċṛṛṛ.
    03-26-15 05:23 AM
    And I agree. Forums filled with Droid and Iphone strokers gets old man. You wouldn't know it's a site for BB site the way some of these forums go.

ḅṛġḧẗ ẗ ḅ ṅ ṿṛṗṛċḋ ċṛṛṛ.
    I own and only use a BB10 device. Not a two phone user. I am also a vocal critic of BlackBerry. I can't stand BlackBerry the company and their poor treatment of customers and poor business strategies. They have a great OS, but they simply are very poor at business and execution. Not having a true upgrade/replacement device for your highest selling BB10 device 2 years is moronic. You simply can't trust the company to follow through with things. Abandon tablets after one try. Abandon consumers so you can pull smoke an mirrors with Wall Street to justify low sales numbers. So yes I will continue to call this company out because I want them to succeed and their continuous drop in devices sold show the current PKB focus is misguided.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:47 AM
    Forums filled with Droid and Iphone strokers gets old man. You wouldn't know it's a site for BB site the way some of these forums go.
    This site's founder abandoned it and BlackBerry 10 for another platform. What do you expect?
    03-26-15 09:00 AM
    I own and only use a BB10 device. Not a two phone user. I am also a vocal critic of BlackBerry. I can't stand BlackBerry the company and their poor treatment of customers and poor business strategies. They have a great OS, but they simply are very poor at business and execution. Not having a true upgrade/replacement device for your highest selling BB10 device 2 years is moronic. You simply can't trust the company to follow through with things. Abandon tablets after one try. Abandon consumers so you can pull smoke an mirrors with Wall Street to justify low sales numbers. So yes I will continue to call this company out because I want them to succeed and their continuous drop in devices sold show the current PKB focus is misguided.

Posted via CB10
    This is EXACTLY how a lot of us feel.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 10:21 AM
    Yes it's called the BlackBerry Slider. But I agree a renamed Z30 is needed really bad.

Sexy White Z30
    Do both. See below, haha... \/
    :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....  
    03-30-15 05:16 AM
    There's nothing to show BB and Samsung have some special relationship beyond a Samsung tablet incorporating SecuSmart into an enterprise tablet. And working together with Samsung Knox, which Google is also a part of.

As for Samsung's hardware technology, they've never held back their HW technology in favor of their own devices vs competition. Quite often, Samsung parts show up in competitor's devices before Samsung's own. Case in point, most Apple devices carried a lot of Samsung parts before Samsung devices. Until Apple lost the opportunity to use them after several petty court battles. Many Android OEMs (HTC, Huawei, etc.) release devices with Samsung hardware before Sammy does themselves.

Via Tapatalk
    I wouldn't call a one billion dollar settlement petty. It seems quite large to me.
    03-31-15 02:41 PM
92 1234