12-24-13 05:56 PM
30 12
tools
    Moto G may be USD200, but when they arrive here (in emerging markets), guess what?
    They get 100% price increment. Yeap.

Guess who make the cheaper phones here? (in emerging markets) Take some wild guesses. Chances are you may not be wrong.

Secondly, how do you think they get priced so cheaply, by those "who make the cheaper phones here"?
    in emerging market like indonesia, the cheapest android vendor are local brand, Samsung, LG, Lenovo

local brand android phone are around $50 - $150 , samsung , LG, and Lenovo low end android phone are around $80 - $200 . and every local brand are China made.
    12-22-13 09:34 PM
    BRG doesnt know what they are talking as they are known to like iphones which is the most old and outdated OS in the world. Apple still has a tiny outdated four inch screen.....lol you can't make it up. I don't think iPhone even has NFC? Apple is the most over rated outdated OS and phone on the market hands down. I think BlackBerry is finally on the right track and apples BRG OS scared. BRG is also outdated and thus has an outdated perspective.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 10:12 PM
    I see the entire thing as a reactionary move to counter Nokia's "flood the low end don't care if we take a loss" strategy. Basically I believe the first plan was to take the Q5 and flood it, but the problem was costs, and they can't mark it further down because they can't keep producing the Q5 at a loss.

With the foxconn partnership, that may be possible. Remember though the Q5, if you take into considerating is quite appropriately priced if you look at the hardware and start to think of it as possibly-Android ready device.

The question is how low can Foxconn make without upsetting the other major partners?
    Good point, they will have to perform a delicate dance.
    12-24-13 04:20 PM
    I personally feel lower priced devices can only help bb reinvigorate itself. Sure, the q5 is supposed to meet that segment but it is too expensive and doesn't offer enough/differentiate itself enough from other devices, as mentioned.

Sent from my RM-941_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk
    I consider the BlackBerry Q5 to be a hybrid of the BlackBerry Curve and BlackBerry Bold which should have been priced more reasonably at USD250.00 off-contract. This smartphone feels as comfortable in my hands and my BlackBerry Bold 9700/9780 with the benefits of a modern mobile operating system. The keyboard surpasses both the BlackBerry Curve and BlackBerry Bold.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    12-24-13 04:35 PM
    Q5 really should have been the device where BlackBerry said "Ok, we're willing to sell this low enough to just break even on it" - they had the right idea but clearly did not go far enough. $250 or even $200 off contract would've sold, one would think. But then again, there is the issue of their costs.
    BGR here is missing a couple of vital points, that would've required very little digging: 1) There are areas where BlackBerry is quite popular in consumer, such as Indonesia and India. And 2) Foxconn is actually going to make these in Indonesia, according to the conference call. That should even further reduce costs associated with import fees. So essentially, BlackBerry just found a way to reduce their risk to something negligible. This was the ultimate win-win. And then hopefully they can still make the high-end handsets, but in more selective quantities, and really be strong with their niche going forward.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 05:56 PM
30 12