09-19-13 08:01 AM
66 123
tools
    But I thought they can carry on using whatsapp lol

Going by your argument logic BlackBerry needs to Windows phone 8. I say wp8 needs to bbm as to me without it , it looks likes its not a well supported platform if its missing major apps.
    I don't know if you are intentionally being dense. Let me break it down for you.
    Windows users use WhatsApp due to no bbm.
    Their android and ios friends use WhatsApp to keep in contact with them. And in turn their friends uses WhatsApp.
    Holding a messaging service from one platform does not harm the platform, it harms the service.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-31-13 03:50 AM
    That's a bit dramatic and I doubt that anywhere in BlackBerry, someone is cackling how they'll end Windows Phone by not releasing BBM on it. If you have a finite number of developers and testers, you don't do all things at once. Since Windows Phone has - maybe 30 million users - vs. hundreds of millions for iOS and Android, BBM is there first.

Nowhere has BlackBerry said, "we're never making a Windows Phone app. Period!"
    I agree I think bbm will come to windows, it is just a question of when!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 03:52 AM
    Why anything has to be black or white ?
    After all, what would prevent Skype to be BBM connected ? Well... absolutely nothing.
    Reciprocal ?
    Eh, why not ?

"Ennemies of my ennemies are..."

Datz from my funky Q5 Babe
    08-31-13 09:09 AM
    Honestly, mobile is not a good way to look at things.

BBRY needs to take aim against Microsoft's Office 365
    Sorry but not only they don't have to fight against O365 but :
    - BlackBerry legacy devices ( B4 BB10) are managed via BlackBerry Business Cloud Services within O365 (for free)
    - I've been assured by an official BlackBerry Enterprises department representative that the same (and more) was on the roadmap for BB10 devices. No date and some kind of mistery fog here, but it's coming.

Unite ?
    That's not beatnik talk, that's business

08-31-13 09:19 AM
    The general sentiment from this thread is that because it hasn't been announced so it's not coming. I'm standing by my thought that it is probably in development or shortly will be and there is just nothing to be announced yet.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    08-31-13 10:16 AM
    The general sentiment from this thread is that because it hasn't been announced so it's not coming. I'm standing by my thought that it is probably in development or shortly will be and there is just nothing to be announced yet.
    Somehow inevitable.
    JMHO

08-31-13 10:49 AM
    For those that say not releasing bbm on windows phone will harm windows consider this.
    Bbm has been UN AVAILABLE ON ALL PLATFORMS since their inceptions (ios,andriod,wp) and doesnt seem to have affected their ability to gain market share. Skype on the other hand was not available for quite some time on a BlackBerry and we see how that worked out.
    All microsoft would have to do is simply suspend development of skype or make the cost for the user higher.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-01-13 02:00 PM
    the strategy will only work if bbm manages to overthrow the competition. plus, Microsoft could pull Skype support for all blackberrys as a counter. therefore your explanation is highly improbable
    I don't agree with this.. BBM and Skype are not the same. Not ONE of my friend's use Skype, but they all use a instant messaging platform like BBM, Whatsapp, etc. But Skype is not on that list.

So if they pulled Skype from BB after BBM was already cross platform, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Skype isn't all that great for mobile, it's only decent on desktop, but even so, it seems to becoming less popular.

For those that say not releasing bbm on windows phone will harm windows consider this.
    Bbm has been UN AVAILABLE ON ALL PLATFORMS since their inceptions (ios,andriod,wp) and doesnt seem to have affected their ability to gain market share. Skype on the other hand was not available for quite some time on a BlackBerry and we see how that worked out.
    All microsoft would have to do is simply suspend development of skype or make the cost for the user higher.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but we are talking about not releasing BBM on Windows Phone when it's on all other platforms. Just as BlackBerry suffered because Skype was on everything but BB10, Windows would suffer because it's on every platform but Windows Phone.

Honestly, I don't see how people compare BBM to Skype so much.. Skype is NOT a killer messaging platform.. It's a decent video client, that's all. What are people doing more of now-a-days? Video chatting, or Instant Messaging on their phone? I personally message people probably 90% of the time, and use a video chat client maybe 10% of the time. I wouldn't be at all surprised if many others are the same as me.

BBM can replace Skype, but Skype CANNOT replace BBM. Once BBM gets video chat and screen share cross platform later this year, what would be the advantage to using Skype over BBM Video? I don't think there is any. Skype does one thing very well, and what it doesn't do very well is messaging. BlackBerry Messenger does a phenomenal job with Messaging, and it just so happens to also do a phenomenal job with Video/Voice Chatting and Screen Share aswell.
    09-03-13 03:37 PM
    MSN Messenger was Great until Skype was brought.... Now Skype is horrible in my opinion... i think BBM should go to W8 just so they can have something to enjoy.
    09-03-13 06:52 PM
    MSN Messenger was Great until Skype was brought.... Now Skype is horrible in my opinion... i think BBM should go to W8 just so they can have something to enjoy.
    Haha, I know what you mean. The Skype apps are pretty bad on iOS and using it on PC isn't a pleasure either.
    09-03-13 07:35 PM
    I agree....I'm a die hard WP8 fan, but it takes a lot of energy to love an OS (spectacular...love you Tiles...hate you Icons) on an okay looking phone (all Nokias), while, Android and iOS have the hot looking ones. I DON'T need one more thing to break my resolve...I NEED BBM on WP8!!
    09-19-13 03:03 AM
    I think BlackBerry sees how WP8 is starting to gain traction in emerging markets. If BBM catches on and is not on WP8, it could stop some of the bleeding.

I bet they release a Desktop client before a WP8 client.

Posted via my Q10
    09-19-13 05:37 AM
    Of course bbm need more user but wp8 user.. lol

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 06:57 AM
    Of course bbm need more user but wp8 user.. lol

Posted via CB10
    I dont get it... What's wrong with them?

Sent from my 5" rooted Android phone.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-19-13 07:39 AM
    How many messaging apps do people use? I want to use one, I don't want to have 3 or 4 of them for all these different people. Give me one that works properly on everything, if that's BBM fine, if not something else is fine.

I really don't think BBM is going to kill anything. What's easier, getting a few people to switch to something truly cross platform or getting many people to switch to something some of their contacts can't use?
    09-19-13 08:00 AM
    It will come but blackberry is still in the process of firing majority of there employees. App development will be slow

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:01 AM
66 123