55 123
tools
    And the PlayBook
    Don't remind me. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-04-13 12:10 AM
    Don't remind me. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    I bought the storm, storm 2, torch (9850), 3 pb's, and a Z. I certainly don't need reminding. An intervention maybe...
    10-04-13 12:17 AM
    I've said this earlier in one of the post. I was Kevin, and how he and the CB team has build CB to be associated with BlackBerry, I think by now, I would have the leverage and stature go up, and discuss with the BlackBerry team, on issues related. With new BlackBerry products, such as quality issues, hardware, software and so forth. But that's not the case here.

We don't know what the CB team had in mind for CB as for its end game, just for uss to pledge or show our grouses????? Even the BlackBerry team is not using CB as point of reference to their product and taking consumer feedback. To me, as much as I really love BlackBerry but I think Kevin and his team, could have done more after establishing CB as the main BlackBerry users to come in for reference and advice. But now is becoming like a joke.

In my country, our big Corporation use social media to take accounts on consumer feedback and complaints, and use itt for product improvement.

But as I said the CB team has never build their leverage to an extent they could sit down and discuss thing with BlackBerry.

MY Q10
    10-04-13 12:18 AM
    Kevin is a great marketing man. If BBRY can find someone like him to be their CEO he will do way better than THOR!
    Kevin is not really interested in marketing. He excels at communications and public relations though. He would do well in those areas for BlackBerry.
    10-04-13 12:20 AM
    I've said this earlier in one of the post. I was Kevin, and how he and the CB team has build CB to be associated with BlackBerry, I think by now, I would have the leverage and stature go up, and discuss with the BlackBerry team, on issues related. With new BlackBerry products, such as quality issues, hardware, software and so forth. But that's not the case here.

We don't know what the CB team had in mind for CB as for its end game, just for uss to pledge or show our grouses????? Even the BlackBerry team is not using CB as point of reference to their product and taking consumer feedback. To me, as much as I really love BlackBerry but I think Kevin and his team, could have done more after establishing CB as the main BlackBerry users to come in for reference and advice. But now is becoming like a joke.

In my country, our big Corporation use social media to take accounts on consumer feedback and complaints, and use itt for product improvement.

But as I said the CB team has never build their leverage to an extent they could sit down and discuss thing with BlackBerry.

MY Q10
    I'm sure they do it to an extent but can't reveal much due to a possible NDA

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 12:20 AM
    I bought the storm, storm 2, torch (9850), 3 pb's, and a Z. I certainly don't need reminding. An intervention maybe...
    You and me both (Granted I liked the storm 2). I will not give blackberry anymore money until they get rid of thorstein (he's easily one of the worst tech CEOs) and crew.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    10-04-13 12:21 AM
    I am not sure why there is a call out for Kevin here. Chris is covering the financial situation of BBRY very well, even though he is just dealing with "boring" numbers there. Simon just covered quite some stuff from BB Jam Asia (which IMO could've actually been more critical) and right now he obviously dropped by at BB to get some inside infos regarding the Z30 - similar thing they've done with Z10/Q10.
    So I am not sure what kind of stuff Kevin should report about right now. He called the last two podcasts, which obviously featured unhappy events. Should CB-Kevin write sugarcoat articles to make some die-hard (mostly those who complain about posting of bad news here) fans to make them feel more confident? I don't think this is required or even a good thing.

I agree about Thorsten Heins however. The last public appearence was, IIRC back at the Q1 earnings call. He missed out a proper Z30 event, he got around the next earnings call by simply canceling it just 24 hours before it would've started. Personally I have zero tolerance or sympathy for either him or his actions. It simply looks like he just vanished and doesn't want to report to anybody or even have some critical QA session. The fact he gets 55 million dollars either way, makes it only worse IMO. Maybe he is just too busy writing his shopping lists and looking for a decent investment plan to secure is load of cash.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    h20work, JeepBB and qwerty4ever like this.
    10-04-13 02:06 AM
    Kevin is not really interested in marketing. He excels at communications and public relations though. He would do well in those areas for BlackBerry.
    I suspect it's not an environment for free spirits or loose cannons and he'd probably be crushed under the weight of conservatism and caution. Also, in my experience, North American companies have a very unhealthy culture of fearing to criticise management strategy. A culture of yes men and sycophants.
    10-04-13 02:50 AM
    Sorry, this just makes me mad. What are you expecting him to say "keep calm, everything is great!".
    This came to mind:
    h20work likes this.
    10-04-13 07:08 AM
    Hey All,

Thanks for the thread!

Timing on all of this has been not ideal for me. Was in Asia last week on Mobile Nations business, landed back in Miami on Friday, had an hour to myself and then our other site editors and key people began arriving and this week we had our annual Mobile Nations Media Summit. Last few weeks have been crazy busy for me.

As mentioned above though, I think we've had things well covered on CrackBerry even while I've been tied up. Umi has the finance/business side of things covered, Adam/Bla1ze have the news train going, and Simon has done a great job these past two weeks between BlackBerry Jam Asia and handling the Z30 briefing in Waterloo (which I really wished I could have been at, but couldn't with the Summit going on).

At least I did manage to record that Vector podcast with Rene about BlackBerry. It's received an unbelievable amount of downloads and such good feedback. So many people in the industry, former BBRY/RIM employees, etc. who have reached out and said that was an amazing and accurate retrospective packed into an hour.

I finally fly home Sunday. Monday will be a bit of catch up, but we'll kick things off with a CrackBerry Hangout early in the week and then I'll get my writing/leading mojo back into gear from there.

All the best!

K
    10-04-13 07:53 AM
    Thanks Kevin. Thread should be closed now.
    10-04-13 08:06 AM
    Thanks for your post CrackBerry Kevin and I'm happy to hear you haven't skipped town...and left your baby...CRACKBERRY

Posted via my AWESOME Z10 on CB10
    10-04-13 12:25 PM
    Let's buy the dude a cold one. And by any chance did you find a buyer for Blackberry
    10-04-13 06:11 PM
    Heins would just say something completely stupid and instill even less confidence for shareholders
    ...if that's possible?

He will give Frank Boulben a raise LOL
    10-04-13 06:14 PM
    This last few weeks has been the worst case of TURTLING from the leadership at BlackBerry and CrackBerry!

You got your response from Kevin, just like you wanted. You should ask the mods to close this thread.
    10-04-13 06:25 PM
    Sure, please close the thread. By the how are Mods chosen? Seems a lot are very negative on BlackBerry.

10-04-13 06:37 PM
    Kevin will be by shortly telling us how he is soon back and how busy he has been behind the scenes.

Sad state of affairs
    I used to get lots of work done when travelling. There's lots of quiet time when travelling, nobody interrupts you. So, saying I'm just back is a bit of a crock.
    10-04-13 08:04 PM
    I used to get lots of work done when travelling. There's lots of quiet time when travelling, nobody interrupts you. So, saying I'm just back is a bit of a crock.
    Another reason why this thread should be closed, to prevent comments like this.
    10-04-13 08:50 PM
    I called it
    Rickroller likes this.
    10-04-13 08:53 PM
    I'm thinking that due to sale terms. Lots of people cannot speak without breaching contract. That however should not include out fearless leader. Where are ya Kevin? I'd be happy just having a brief commentary on a dumb app from him. Anything. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 02:10 PM
    Hey All,

Thanks for the thread!

Timing on all of this has been not ideal for me. Was in Asia last week on Mobile Nations business, landed back in Miami on Friday, had an hour to myself and then our other site editors and key people began arriving and this week we had our annual Mobile Nations Media Summit. Last few weeks have been crazy busy for me.

As mentioned above though, I think we've had things well covered on CrackBerry even while I've been tied up. Umi has the finance/business side of things covered, Adam/Bla1ze have the news train going, and Simon has done a great job these past two weeks between BlackBerry Jam Asia and handling the Z30 briefing in Waterloo (which I really wished I could have been at, but couldn't with the Summit going on).

At least I did manage to record that Vector podcast with Rene about BlackBerry. It's received an unbelievable amount of downloads and such good feedback. So many people in the industry, former BBRY/RIM employees, etc. who have reached out and said that was an amazing and accurate retrospective packed into an hour.

I finally fly home Sunday. Monday will be a bit of catch up, but we'll kick things off with a CrackBerry Hangout early in the week and then I'll get my writing/leading mojo back into gear from there.

All the best!

K
    This script is getting tired just like Thorsten's lack of credibility. Sometimes I think CrackBerry Kevin wrote a bot to periodically feed the CrackBerrians. I'm kidding but only barely. ;-)

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Air Force One likes this.
    10-10-13 01:54 AM
    Hey XDrew42! Shouldn't the sign (in your avatar) read "Caution: Trolls at end of BlackBerry Bridge"? In the darkest hour humour is all that sustains us.
    10-12-13 04:38 AM
    In my view Thorsten is a terrible CEO. Botched launch of BB10, botched launch of BBM and botched communications both before and after BlackBerry customers have begun to worry about the sale of the company. Where is he indeed?

Guy should be fired today IMO.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:33 AM
    BlackBerry needs a new CEO
    10-15-13 07:34 AM
    In my view Thorsten is a terrible CEO. Botched launch of BB10, botched launch of BBM and botched communications both before and after BlackBerry customers have begun to worry about the sale of the company. Where is he indeed?

Guy should be fired today IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps he already has been let go :O
    10-15-13 09:01 AM
55 123