06-11-14 03:21 PM
63 123
tools
    Play store has over 1.2 million apps so 2 % is 240,000 apps and a good number of this apps are the better more sophisticated apps which may not work.
    Point: you mean 24,000. The rest of your comment is fairly accurate, though. I wonder how many apps fall into that 2% and are I really, really need it and there's no suitable substitute" category and how many fall into "I need it ... but if I wanted to, I could make do with something else" and/or "damn it, Jones next door has it, so by God I should too!"
    06-03-14 02:36 PM
    Point: you mean 24,000. The rest of your comment is fairly accurate, though. I wonder how many apps fall into that 2% and are I really, really need it and there's no suitable substitute" category and how many fall into "I need it ... but if I wanted to, I could make do with something else" and/or "damn it, Jones next door has it, so by God I should too!"
    Sorry 24k. Why dont we make a list of which popular and most wanted android apps work!

Ill bet you one things though.

Combine all the most popular "needed", "most wanted", "popular", "big name", "essential" apps of the entire world including peripheral, public transport, entertainment, lifestyle, business apps and it would be almost impossible to name 10k let alone 24k apps.

In my country, I think just 50 of the top apps would suffice to level the game for any platform.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-03-14 02:46 PM
    Is Chen becoming another Thor? Numbers get pulled out of thin air (or orifices) to justify just about anything.
    To CEO Chen's credit, he has a better track record than his predecesor Thorsten Heins and is credited with successfully turning Sybase around. So I would give a bit more creditability to what he is saying. We will get a true indication of the numbers during the ER report at the end of this month.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    06-05-14 06:37 AM
    Chen says whatever pleases the street, then watches the stock to see if there's any uptick. That's his game.
    06-05-14 08:12 AM
    This is so true! BB10 will not run 50% of the "fart" apps that run on Android!
    Yes, but every single flashlight app from Playstore works on bb....that's at least 95% of apps as far as I can tell :-)

Flicked out via Zed10
    06-05-14 08:43 AM
    Chen says whatever pleases the street, then watches the stock to see if there's any uptick. That's his game.
    No, that's not allowed.
    06-06-14 06:48 AM
    No, that's not allowed.
    Mr. Heins would beg to differ!

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-06-14 03:01 PM
    Mr. Heins would beg to differ!

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    You can spin a bit, but you can't make things up. Stock markets get very cross, and financial authorities start to consider action.
    06-06-14 03:07 PM
    I also want to know how 98% of android apps number has come from. I downloaded line today.. Video calling does not work. Couple of apps that close on splash screen... That may be the 2 %.. But still there is no proof 98% work... I don't see these numbers being real I'm afraid

\I agree, those numbers he must have pulled out his *** cause he has no real means of verifying this.
    mornhavon likes this.
    06-06-14 04:09 PM
    Perhaps we'll see an uptick in the numbers next earnings call?
    I personally don't think that a known qualified CEO such as Chen, would be making this comments based on speculations, not when they're about to call the next fiscal quarter, he must have some important information that we just don't know. So relax and sit back, let's see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 04:20 PM
    I hope you're right for all our sakes!
    06-10-14 02:59 AM
    Chen's a CEO, he's making tough decisions, he's influencing not just the board but also the employees, the app guys, the enterprise customers, in short the whole environment. So he's making statements after setting a plan, getting everyone to buy in and making such statements that befuddle us

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
    06-11-14 12:15 PM
    He has a full research department with all the inside information. Where are you getting your numbers from.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 03:21 PM
63 123