07-13-08 11:14 AM
61 123
tools
    the inability to access CNN on OperaMini is really annoying. i know its due to the proxy server thing and its more a CNN thing than OM's prob - but i don't care who is to blame, just whether its usable or not. i still use OperaMini for certain instances, but its BB Broswer by and large for me...
    07-08-08 04:16 PM
    I agree. I like the newer version with 4.5
    If you want something now, install Opera Mini. www.operamini.com
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 06:44 PM
    I use both really and it really in my opinion depends on the user, and then on what your looking at, I've recently upgraded my 8300 to 4.5.0.52 and am increasing disappointed with the native browser but then again it is a beta. All and all though I like OM's feel compared to it. No the new Mobile Firefox is supposed to be pretty hot. But am also VERY curious on what the bold would have but was reading an article, don't remember the name of the phone but like maybe the 9300 with the 3mp camera and no 3g(useless feature in my area). I think blackberry is really stepping up performance for consumers though, keep it coming RIM!!!!
    07-10-08 07:26 PM
    The bold will have a full browser. For the time being you can use opera mini. Its great. I love it lol
    07-10-08 07:42 PM
    If you want to see some TRULY sweet full browser action... check out the team over at Skyfire. They don't have anything for BB yet, and their product is still in Beta, but I'm sure they'll be coming our way soon
    07-10-08 08:08 PM
    i use both opera mini and the built in BB browser. Since upgrading to 4.5, i actually cant remember the last time I had to use opera mini, in my opinion the new browser is pretty damn good.

@malicenfz: upgrade your OS, those browser issues have been fixed....
    07-11-08 01:11 PM
    I must agree.
    07-11-08 02:53 PM
    Firefox is going to come out with a mobile browser. I installed Opera, thought it was okay, then uninstalled it and went back to the bb one.
    07-12-08 08:32 PM
    Just loaded the Opera mini, not bad. Surfed for a few minutes and it functions pretty well. Only time will tell.
    07-12-08 08:55 PM
    Kyle,
    I usually use CNN's mobile site to visit them. It is compatable with BB - we're able to download video, etc. There's a nice icon too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 09:19 PM
    Pre OS 4.5, I used OM a lot more but I never liked you could not type right into input fields. You always had to click on the field to go to a separate window, enter in your text/input, hit the menu button and click OK, then go back to the webpage and click another button to take your input. Very time inefficient IMO.

The new OS 4.5 Browser is much better and I too, can't remember a time now when I even needed OM. A full HTML browser will be nice, the OS 4.5 Browser is a nice stand-in for the time being.

Joe
    07-13-08 11:14 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD