06-12-15 04:00 PM
54 123
tools
    These Pebble watches are so dated, it's not even funny! It's like having a "green screen" PC on your wrist..even with the ones that are for pre-order! It's sad that, that's the watch us BB users have to try and use for a wearable device. WHEN WILL BB MAKE A WATCH OR WHEN WILL ANY COMPANY MAKE A BETTER WATCH THAT CAN BE USED ON ANY PLATFORM?? And I don't mean just BBM..I can't get any of my 200 contacts to use it, so it makes it essentially useless! I just want to be able to have my BB Hub on my wrist! Is that too much to ask???

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    Last edited by jmo712; 05-25-15 at 01:11 AM.
    05-24-15 10:27 PM
    whoa! De-caf, friend. Take it easy. maybe a BB isn't the best phone for you to have if you want to use a smartwatch.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    05-24-15 10:31 PM
    What is "Peeble", is it a knockoff?
    WVberry likes this.
    05-24-15 10:33 PM
    These Peeble watches are so dated, it's not even funny! It's like having a "green screen" PC on your wrist..even with the ones that are for pre-order! It's sad that, that's the watch us BB users have to try and use for a wearable device. WHEN WILL BB MAKE A WATCH OR WHEN WILL ANY COMPANY MAKE A BETTER WATCH THAT CAN BE USED ON ANY PLATFORM?? And I don't mean just BBM..I can't get any of my 200 contacts to use it, so it makes it essentially useless! I just want to be able to have my BB Hub on my wrist! Is that too much to ask???

Whoa there buddy chill! Smoke a bowl! It's 4:20 somewhere every hour.

Really though, imho, the banality of a pseudo-Apple watch is gag-inducing to say the least. It just sounds like adults trying out for Spy Kids.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 10:34 PM
    What is "Peeble", is it a knockoff?
    U know what I meant, I can't figure out how to edit the title!

05-24-15 11:36 PM

Really though, imho, the banality of a pseudo-Apple watch is gag-inducing to say the least. It just sounds like adults trying out for Spy Kids.

Posted via CB10
    I'm smoking now! And yes I grew up In the DickTracey Era, and would like to see my notifications on my wrist! Is that too much to ask?

Last edited by jmo712; 05-25-15 at 12:48 AM.
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    05-24-15 11:37 PM
    I don't like the Pebble watches either. You're not alone!
    05-25-15 12:52 AM
    I don't like the Pebble watches either. You're not alone!
    I'm glad I'm not alone! They look like the very first prototype for the first smartwatch ever invented. And the "new ones" look like prototypes in color..just horrible. Would anyone really enjoy looking at their BBM on those??

05-25-15 01:10 AM
    I'm smoking now! And yes I grew up In the DickTracey Era, and would like to see my notifications on my wrist! Is that too much to ask?

Being that DickTracy debuted in 1931 that would make you pretty old. What's the secret of your longevity?
    05-25-15 02:24 AM
    Being that DickTracy debuted in 1931 that would make you pretty old. What's the secret of your longevity?
    I meant the one in color smart ***..

05-25-15 09:29 AM
    I meant the one in color smart ***..

Oh? This one?
    When will BB give us an alternative to ugly Pebble Watches?-sa3-dick-tracy-full.jpg
    05-25-15 01:46 PM
    Oh? This one?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sa3-****-tracy-full.jpg 
Views:	1816 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	354475
    I'm specifically talking about the movie that came out with Al Pachino, that was in color..

mkelley65 likes this.
    05-25-15 04:51 PM
    I love my pebble. Because the disable has a lower resolution, it holds amazing battery life. I also believe that smartphones are for notification viewing. I could care less about android's watches and the apple watch and how they make it more functional with things such as command and GPS. I like the pebble because it's simply, it doesn't even look like a smartwatch, at least not my pebble steel.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 06:35 PM
    I love my pebble. Because the disable has a lower resolution, it holds amazing battery life. I also believe that smartphones are for notification viewing. I could care less about android's watches and the apple watch and how they make it more functional with things such as command and GPS. I like the pebble because it's simply, it doesn't even look like a smartwatch, at least not my pebble steel.

Posted via CB10
    I don't want a watch to look like Apple and Android watches..I just wish the only watch that really worked somewhat with BB(Pebble), looked better..thats all. I compare the very best pebble watch to an old Casio calculator watch with BBM thrown in it lol! Might be "ok" for some, but not for the standards of today! I would like a watch where I could have some nice, clean, colorful displays to display meaningful, everyday used notifications! Missed calls, quick read texts, maybe even the BB10 Hub thrown in there.

05-25-15 07:18 PM
    Of course they suck you're just realising this now?

I'm kidding but I agree they suck inmho

Posted by BlackBerry accept no compromise!
    05-25-15 09:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome!!

Posted by BlackBerry accept no compromise!
    05-25-15 09:09 PM
    I don't want a watch to look like Apple and Android watches..I just wish the only watch that really worked somewhat with BB(Pebble), looked better..thats all. I compare the very best pebble watch to an old Casio calculator watch with BBM thrown in it lol! Might be "ok" for some, but not for the standards of today! I would like a watch where I could have some nice, clean, colorful displays to display meaningful, everyday used notifications! Missed calls, quick read texts, maybe even the BB10 Hub thrown in there.

Have you checked out the Martian Notifier? Pebble just looks outdated for my taste.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    05-25-15 09:11 PM
    I'm specifically talking about the movie that came out with Al Pachino, that was in color..

Al would never stoop that low. The actor was Warren beatty.
    05-25-15 09:39 PM

That's fair, you're entitled to your opinion of what the watch looks like. Personally I love the design of the pebble steel, especially with the steel band. Do you not find the pebble steel an attractive looking watch? It definitely does not look like the apple and android watchers.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:16 PM
    Al would never stoop that low. The actor was Warren beatty.
    Al was in that movie, he played the villan..Warren was DickTracey. Look it up..

05-26-15 07:48 AM
    Yeah, in the week I can go without charging my Pebble, how many times would you have to charge your Apple/Android watch? Seven? More? And you have to shake your wrist or press a button any time you just want to check the time? What is this, 1960's digital watches?

I find the e-ink display and the simplicity are a lot like an e-reader: better suited for something that isn't just a smartphone attached to my wrist. I already carry a smartphone, and a tablet. The Pebble is just more convenient than a miniature iPod strapped to my wrist that's too small for the touch-screen to be more than a gimmick.
    allsportsfan likes this.
    05-26-15 08:04 AM
    Pebble Time Steel

When will BB give us an alternative to ugly Pebble Watches?-time_steel_3up.png

Apple Watch

When will BB give us an alternative to ugly Pebble Watches?-aplwatch-hero-tumble-print.jpg

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 and pkcable like this.
    05-26-15 08:41 AM
    Love the brushed steel. The rectangular shape. The weight. The classic look. The Time model, like any other colored watch looks like toys.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 09:06 AM
    Lol how identical

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    05-26-15 09:11 AM
    I've been making my own smart watches lately. Pebble is a choice, but remember, BlackBerry doesn't want the smartwatch wearing person to but their phones. They want old business people that can't do anything more than open emails with their phones. Somehow they decided that will be their silver bullet.

Seriously though if you want a smartwatch that does more, do what I do, build one and code an app for it. It isn't too challenging - took me a few weeks. Thank

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    05-26-15 09:24 AM
54 123