These things come and go but when is the next conference that RIM is going to attend? More specifically when is the next time we can expect HYPE!

P
    03-23-09 05:43 PM
    I think that this should be the next one but don't quote me on it...

WES 2009: Registration
    Last edited by Blue Storm; 03-23-09 at 06:04 PM. Reason: added link
    03-23-09 06:03 PM
    CTIA Wireless 2009

CTIA comes before WES...and RIM is on Exhibitor List
    03-23-09 06:23 PM
    I knew about WES, but had no idea about that CTIA one. That's exciting. I was hoping to get some clarified answers out of WES (like release dates and products), but hopefully I can get them a month sooner! (Even though I still need to wait til November for my upgrade, but at least I won't be all frantic with anticipation!)

I also noticed that the conference starts pretty much immediately after VZW's BOGO sale. I'm guessing VZW wasn't dumb in that scheduling... it's pretty obvious they're trying to clear out their inventory, and if people knew for sure when products would be released they may not would have sold as much of the older products.

(I generally post in the VZW board, so those who don't know I was going to get a curve from their BOGO sale, but have decided to wait for Niagra which I'll get when my upgrade comes. So far away!)
    03-23-09 07:31 PM
    Looks like CTIA and WES are gonna be pretty much CDMA confirming events this time around. Niagra is gonna be mentioned. Which only makes sense because the Bold had its day this time last year. Just wish there was something on the way in terms of GSM phones.
    03-23-09 07:36 PM
    The rumour is that the 9520 will be announced at the WES in May, but maybe the announcement will come in April at the CTIA instead, but either way, if I don't hear anything good from either of these it's time to move on... lol, can't do an upgrade yet anyways.
    03-23-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD