01-05-14 07:09 PM
101 ... 2345
tools
    No sheep refuse to use product based on their needs (i.e a physical keyboard phone) instead they modify their iphone into something it's not designed to be. Only sheep do that, using things that don't meet their needs and pretending that their touch screen keyboard is sufficient when clearly if they have to toss a q10 keyboard on its not.

Go cry.

Posted via CB10
    Now you are assuming they didn't buy a phone based on their needs. How do you know iOS doesn't offer everything they needed? Maybe they didn't need the physical keyboard, they just prefer it.

Maybe a BlackBerry or another device with a keyboard doesn't meet their needs. Your assumptions and insistence on calling others names is ridiculous.

Stop bashing people.

Also, that keyboard style has been around longer than the Q10. That is the Bold keyboard, which started with the 9000.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-09-13 09:54 AM
    Now you are assuming they didn't buy a phone based on their needs. How do you know iOS doesn't offer everything they needed? Maybe they didn't need the physical keyboard, they just prefer it.

Maybe a BlackBerry or another device with a keyboard doesn't meet their needs. Your assumptions and insistence on calling others names is ridiculous.

Stop bashing people.

Also, that keyboard style has been around longer than the Q10. That is the Bold keyboard, which started with the 9000.
    If they wanted the iphone they wouldn't have to put a q10 keyboard on it.

I.e they bought the iphone because everyone else did.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 10:04 AM
    If they wanted the iphone they wouldn't have to put a q10 keyboard on it.

I.e they bought the iphone because everyone else did.
    This makes absolutely no sense.

It is painfully clear that you are just set on bashing these users for absolutely no reason.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-09-13 10:09 AM
    It is painfully clear that you don't read.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 11:37 AM
    It is painfully clear that you don't read.

Posted via CB10
    No. You are making the claim that because someone wants ONE feature, they should get the product that they DON'T want, or they are considered a SHEEP because they add something to the device that they want to continue using and making it even better for them personally.

My reading comprehension skills are totally fine.

You are bashing for the sake of bashing.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-09-13 11:53 AM
    No. You are making the claim that because someone wants ONE feature, they should get the product that they DON'T want, or they are considered a SHEEP because they add something to the device that they want to continue using and making it even better for them personally.

My reading comprehension skills are totally fine.

You are bashing for the sake of bashing.
    I'm not making any claim, you aren't adding 'feature' you are modifying the input method from the 'acclaimed, amazing touchscreen' to the 'physical keyboards suck, kill the physical keyboards'.

It's extremely hypocritical of some iphone users to bash physical keyboards over the past few years only to go out and buy one and put it ontop of their iphone.

A keyboard ontop of a iphone? Steve Jobs would turn in his grave. Blackberry was right all along.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:13 PM
    I'm not making any claim, you aren't adding 'feature' you are modifying the input method from the 'acclaimed, amazing touchscreen' to the 'physical keyboards suck, kill the physical keyboards'.
    Acclaimed amazing touchscreen is a personal opinion, not fact. Do you know how to differentiate between the two?

"Physical keyboards suck" is a personal opinion shared by many people in the mobile world on every platform. This is not specific to iOS users and there are discussion on iOS forums that brough up debates about adding an iOS device with a physical keyboard. Again, this isn't a fact or a gospel shouted by ALL iOS users like you are making it out to be.

It's extremely hypocritical of some iphone users to bash physical keyboards over the past few years only to go out and buy one and put it ontop of their iphone.
    These aren't the same users. Are you blind to the reality of things? The users who were bashing the physical keyboard wont go out and buy this.

A keyboard ontop of a iphone? Steve Jobs would turn in his grave. Blackberry was right all along.
    Steve Jobs wouldn't give a **** because Apple is not the one releasing this product.

Again, bashing for the sake of bashing and complaining for the sake of complaining.

They don't want a Q5, Q10 or an BBOS device with a keyboard. These SELECT users that actually go out to buy this want to remain with their iPhone and have a physical keyboard at the same time. This is NOT a hard concept to grasp.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-09-13 01:27 PM
    I keep thinking back to the original iPhone when steve jobs showed how qwerty phones were outdated and dead.
    It would be hilarious if they ever made one themselves...

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 10:26 PM
    Has anyone seen this yet?
    What a Joke ! People called that the iBerry..-50k_iphone_keyboard_edition.jpg
    12-10-13 02:14 PM
    This makes absolutely no sense.

It is painfully clear that you are just set on bashing these users for absolutely no reason.
    At some point, you are gonna have to acknowledge that anyone who buys a device and doesn't use it COMPLETELY stock only bought it because everyone else did. So, if you bought a case, or any app, or a screen protector, you are proclaiming that device to be a failure.

This includes the CB10 app. If BB10 was really all that, you wouldn't need to add a silly app.
    avt123 and techvisor like this.
    12-10-13 02:21 PM
    At some point, you are gonna have to acknowledge that anyone who buys a device and doesn't use it COMPLETELY stock only bought it because everyone else did. So, if you bought a case, or any app, or a screen protector, you are proclaiming that device to be a failure.

This includes the CB10 app. If BB10 was really all that, you wouldn't need to add a silly app.
    Lol right. Such an idiotic argument to make.

You should not buy a case because if you bought a phone that was durable enough you wouldn't need it. You only bought the device because everyone else did.

Good stuff.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-10-13 02:34 PM
    No device satisfies 100% of peoples' needs. My Qued 10 is a very durable phone, yet I bought a screen protector and an Otterbox case for it. My Playbook has a very accurate and easy to use touch keyboard, but I like to use my Qued's keyboard via Bridge every once in a while. If someone switched to an iPhone, for whatever reason, and is not 100% comfortable with the touch keyboard, then this accessory is a nice addition for them.

No matter how you slice it, Ryan Seacrest is going to make a boatload of money from this case. Plus, I'm willing to bet that he will spend money on advertising it and letting the world know that it exists.
    avt123 and Tre Lawrence like this.
    12-10-13 03:16 PM
    So much hot air to pass thru to dig out anything well thought out here.

This keyboard represents yet another threat to BB10's 0% market share. Sure it looks rather clumsy and harkens back to the days when BlackBerry ruled. But it simply carves a little (sub) niche for Apple (w/o Apple's commitment). Almost certainly I would expect that the vendor will sell more of these qwerty cases for IOS than Q10s sold by BB.

If true, this will make Apple IPhones the most popular keyboard device (as well as top 2-3 overall phone). If a phenomonal success, Apple will find a way to mfr a fixed keyboard into an alternative mofel IPhone.

[Note: Little doubt but that Apple doesnt believe that there is a market for 30-40mm keybard phones and even 20mm isnt worth tooling a new assembly line. ... BB10 qwerty phones have yet to sell 3mm, let alone the 20mm (total BB10) that BB must sell to keep Q phones alive.]

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 12-12-13 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added (total BB10 as not really just Q10s)
    bbq10l likes this.
    12-10-13 03:24 PM
    I keep thinking back to the original iPhone when steve jobs showed how qwerty phones were outdated and dead.
    It would be hilarious if they ever made one themselves...

Posted via CB10
    There's no need. The physical keyboard market is all but dead.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    12-10-13 07:57 PM
    No it shows that they are sheep and sheep only, by putting a q10 keyboard on a iphone you have to have determined that something about the iphone keyboard sucks. Even with determining this instead of trying a q10 they toss it's replica keyboard on their iphone.

Only sheep would do that, blind ones at that.

I wouldn't put a keyboard on a virtual keyboard phone if I determined the virtual keyboard phone wasn't up to par. I would go buy a q10 (which I own).

Posted via CB10
    They don't just go and buy the q10 because the iphone5 is still the better phone. They won't give up everything Apple has to offer just for a keyboard. As far as sheep, you mean like the blackberry sheep?? I mean, if "BlackBerry is better than android" why not just buy an android to follow your logic. If you have to leak an OS or sideload why not just buy another brand of phone? Isheep? Hardly. There is nothing like a "bah bah blacksheep..."

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 06:43 PM
    Has anyone seen this yet?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50K_iPhone_Keyboard_Edition.jpg 
Views:	2849 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	228760
    If Apple actually made this, this would be the death of the keyboard at BlackBerry and the end of the keyboard in BlackBerry's struggling enterprise market where most of the BlackBerry keyboards remain. I would ditch my q10 in a minute for an iphone with a qwerty keyboard. The perfect match- apple's great ecosystem; a great keyboard and apple's beautiful phone design. The fact that the q10 didnt sell is not a reflection of keyboards; it is a reflection of the q10 being a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    M65c02 likes this.
    12-12-13 06:51 PM
    If Apple actually made this, this would be the death of the keyboard at BlackBerry and the end of the keyboard in BlackBerry's struggling enterprise market where most of the BlackBerry keyboards remain. I would ditch my q10 in a minute for an iphone with a qwerty keyboard. The perfect match- apple's great ecosystem; a great keyboard and apple's beautiful phone design. The fact that the Q10 didn't sell is not a reflection of keyboards; it is a reflection of the Q10 being a BlackBerrry.
    Perhaps ironic but the poster happens to be correct and states the logic in near perfect tone (with my emphasis added to their last sentence). As tragic as it may be for our Blackberry, as the creator and undisputed king of keyboards, if Apple (or a droid phone mfr.) did decide to market something as pictured, surely that would cut our BB's meager sales in half while reeling in other consumes that simply won't migrate to BB for reasons other than its fine keyboard(s). Fortunately, Apple has yet to envision any real profits that might be made by such a second IOS phone.

.... But when does that first BB keyboard patent expire???
    bbq10l likes this.
    12-12-13 07:06 PM
    Face it....where there's smoke, there's fire ("iFire"). There's been a few renderings on the forums of a similar device that BlackBerry fans would like to see (like me with the fat fingers). Why not think of this case as an example of the old adage: emulation is the highest form of flattery. At least the case was released to take advantage of the holiday gift spending spree; something BlackBerry should have done by launching some sort of marketing campaign to increase sales and move some of that $1 billion worth of inventory.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 08:35 PM
    The home button is on the bottom left of the keyboard
    12-13-13 10:52 AM
    This is pretty stupid bawahahaha just get a baller berry.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 09:45 PM
    pretty nice. had itcame out earlier back in 2010 I would have jumped ship to an apple. But le us say for example Apple did manufacture an official keyboard for this, and if itbecomes a very good success then I guess it really is time to troll all the tech communities that declared the death of physical keyboards on the phones. Tech News Today, This Week in Tech, engadget, and few others come into mind.
    12-15-13 09:54 PM
    It just looks gay, cut and dried
    12-23-13 08:55 AM
    Thank the z10 for death of the qwerty. Tried every touchscreen in the store before settling on another blackberry. Makes the slide out of my old torch obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 09:44 PM
    I don't get why you guys are so mad.

The Q10's keyboard is finally going to be on a phone that will sell tens of millions of devices quarterly!
    12-26-13 11:29 AM
    Ah well done BlackBerry ! They are suing the company. I for one am glad that they are not letting people just tip off their intellectual property.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 01:29 AM
101 ... 2345