12-05-13 08:17 PM
808 ... 30313233
tools
    Another day! Another new low.
    Where is the bottom?
    I'm hoping around $4-$5 (if not lower) by the end of autumn, so I can afford to by a bunch before it jumps next year!!! Even if it bounces back to $15, you just tripled your investment. I've been buying since the mid thirteens, and buy a little every month. Whether BB10 is a success or they do sell after the release the price will still jump.
    07-20-12 07:04 PM
    I'm hoping around $4-$5 (if not lower) by the end of autumn, so I can afford to by a bunch before it jumps next year!!! Even if it bounces back to $15, you just tripled your investment. I've been buying since the mid thirteens, and buy a little every month. Whether BB10 is a success or they do sell after the release the price will still jump.
    Don't bet on it dropping that low.

At around $4, with money in the bank and no debt, the company and all its assets would be seeing a near zero valuation.
    07-20-12 07:18 PM
    I believe RIMM can go much lower and will likely not survive in its current form. It's a shame too because the company once had the world on a string. Even more disheartening is the personal impact to employees and investors. Make no mistake that lives are being ruined in this process. Hope is not a strategy.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    07-20-12 08:16 PM
    People may be happy about iOS and how it works right now. People were happy about BB and how they worked until the ante was upped by Apple. Apple, now may be in the same boat RIM was when the iPhone emerged, with the arrival of BB10. BB10 can very well or should I say, has to up the ante and then it will be up to the other companies to follow. Even the littlest thing with the predictive virtual keyboard RIM showed a couple months ago piqued enough interest for a developer to attempt to make for the iPhone.
    For now all we can do is sit here and speculate and wait the long wait for BB10 to arrive.
    Well the big things Apple has going for it are the ecosystem, accesories, and of course apps. Without those it would just be another phone and it would be trival to switch. However, with the money people have invested in apps, accessories, and things like iTunes (not to mention the integration with any other Apple products they own) it'll much more difficult to convince people to switch.
    07-20-12 09:15 PM
    Would you stick with Windows 3.1?
    07-20-12 11:26 PM
    It simply the stock nose dived to $25 a share under the previous leadership who stepped down and stabilized between 15$ 17$ under Thor. Thor speaks and it continues to nose dive to 10-12$ a share. BB10 is delayed and nothing definite about new PlayBook can only mean one thing. RIM is settle around 4-6$ a stock if they can sell off.The corporate jets.
    With that being said things could actually be worse.
    07-20-12 11:36 PM
    Good to have a professional chime in, thank you. Do you agree that the current price reflects a component attributable to the expected future return and prospects of the company and is forward looking and not lagging? Just wondering. The RIMM chart sure is ugly.
    Absolutely - as the "sum of all we know now" that would mean the market is making certain assumptions about what RIM will be able to do going forward. As I said that can and most likely will change over time as RIM makes the case they have a compelling product, the market will react to the additional knowledge and make judgement about it that will also then be reflected in the price of the stock.
    07-20-12 11:40 PM
    Absolutely - as the "sum of all we know now" that would mean the market is making certain assumptions about what RIM will be able to do going forward. As I said that can and most likely will change over time as RIM makes the case they have a compelling product, the market will react to the additional knowledge and make judgement about it that will also then be reflected in the price of the stock.
    The only thing that will move the needle in any significant way is evidence that Bb10 actually sells, that is the only aspect of a 'compelling' product that the market will be interested in over the long-term.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    07-21-12 04:08 AM
    The only thing that will move the needle in any significant way is evidence that Bb10 actually sells, that is the only aspect of a 'compelling' product that the market will be interested in over the long-term.
    If RIM starts to develop some buzz around the pre-release of the BB10 phones, that will have an affect on the stock even before they sell a single phone, and that can be negative as well as positive.

Look at Palm when they stated to show the web os phones to what was initially good reviews, and folks thought/hoped it would turn into sales, had a beneficial effect on the stock price.

In the end you are right the only thing that in the end moves the needle in a significant way are sales. There have been plenty of what appeared to be compelling products who failed in the end.
    07-21-12 10:30 AM
    Well well.. Big surprises! Apple comes out with an earning report that meets lowered expectations, and guess what? Their stock has dropped! Isn't it funny how the market works. Poor performance gets reflected in stock prices.. Although perhaps surely there is a conspiracy in here somewhere..
    kevinnugent and JeepBB like this.
    07-25-12 10:44 AM
    The stock dropped? It's the media's fault! And silly consumers who don't know what they want! And stupid analysts that don't reflect the value of the company in the price...and.. what?.. he said Apple?...oh. Then nevermind. That sounds right.
    07-25-12 10:48 AM
    If the AAPL stock skyrockets anytime soon, I'll know the real agenda as to why it lowered in the first place.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using CrackBerry Forums App/Tapatalk
    07-25-12 10:52 AM
    If the AAPL stock skyrockets anytime soon, I'll know the real agenda as to why it lowered in the first place.

If by anytime soon you're referring to when the new iPhone comes out..then yes..you may be on to something.
    07-25-12 11:00 AM

Why would you need a conspiracy theory to explain this when the simple answer is right there in front of us.

AAPL is down today because they had a disappointing quarter. If they put two disappointing quarters together, it will go down even more. If they have a whole disappointing year, the stock will likely crash.

On the other hand, if they go out and have a blowout quarter, up goes the stock again.
    07-25-12 11:21 AM
    Why would you need a conspiracy theory to explain this when the simple answer is right there in front of us.

AAPL is down today because they had a disappointing quarter. If they put two disappointing quarters together, it will go down even more. If they have a whole disappointing year, the stock will likely crash.

On the other hand, if they go out and have a blowout quarter, up goes the stock again.
    It is sorta amazing when a disappointing quarter for Apple is still a larger quarter than any ever reported by any other tech company...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-25-12 11:26 AM
    Well well.. Big surprises! Apple comes out with an earning report that meets lowered expectations, and guess what? Their stock has dropped! Isn't it funny how the market works. Poor performance gets reflected in stock prices.. Although perhaps surely there is a conspiracy in here somewhere..
    You may read Chris about it : Apple reports Q3 and Wall Street freaks out in another display of short term memory | iMore.com
    I believe we'll hear soon about
    [...] the cost of a future product transition [...]
    and why everything is perfect and clear .
    07-25-12 12:20 PM
    Never said anything about a conspiracy theory. But if the stock did immediately go up...
    07-25-12 12:30 PM
    Never said anything about a conspiracy theory. But if the stock did immediately go up...
    So you're not saying anything about a conspiracy theory, but we're meant to surmise one from the ellipse?

You implied there is some manipulation here when in fact they just had a worse quarter than people were expecting. It really is that simple.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-25-12 09:07 PM
    [...] the cost of a future product transition [...]

I believe we'll hear soon about and why everything is perfect and clear .
    I think everybody in the tech and business worlds knows exactly what that "future product transition" is, but just in case there are some who don't know..... iPhone 5 is coming in the fall....
    07-25-12 09:18 PM
    I think everybody in the tech and business worlds knows exactly what that "future product transition" is, but just in case there are some who don't know..... iPhone 5 is coming in the fall....
    ... and BB10 Q1 2013 : everything is fine and clear then
    hpjrt likes this.
    07-26-12 06:30 AM
    BB10 It doesn't even exist ONE on the Planet, it's even not still in production...

IPhone five at least exist and is in production.. Not Vaporware or prototype.
    07-26-12 09:45 AM
    Uh....No. You're either seriously misunderstanding the quote or willfully twisting it's meaning. The statement was made by either Tim Cook or Apple's CFO, I forgot which, in reference to the current quarter. Obviously, BB10 is obviously not happening in the current quarter. It's been well established that iPhone sales slow down in the few months preceding the introduction of a newer model. The statement was made in reference to that, nothing else.
    07-26-12 12:39 PM
    BB10 It doesn't even exist ONE on the Planet, it's even not still in production...
    IPhone five at least exist and is in production.. Not Vaporware or prototype.
    shhhh ... quiet. Have an ice-cream
    07-26-12 12:42 PM
    Uh....No. You're either seriously misunderstanding the quote or willfully twisting it's meaning. The statement was made by either Tim Cook or Apple's CFO, I forgot which, in reference to the current quarter. Obviously, BB10 is obviously not happening in the current quarter. It's been well established that iPhone sales slow down in the few months preceding the introduction of a newer model. The statement was made in reference to that, nothing else.
    The fact that an announced new device (say, revamped device for ip5) dumps sales is well known and I didn't wrote it wasn't ... I just state (implicitly) that when users wait for a whole new device (new hardware, new OS), you can imagine the same.
    07-26-12 12:45 PM
    shares are up over $1/share from opening today.
    why the rally?
    i've heard the US immigration department is giving blackberry a second chance ( currently use iphones ).
    is this the cause?
    01-11-13 12:51 PM
808 ... 30313233
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD