12-05-13 08:17 PM
808 12345 ...
tools
    I'm almost dying here! In just one hour of active trading RIMM's stock is already more than 5% down now with an all-time low trading at $12.07!! What the are the investors seeing?! RIM unveiling a land phone or something?? Two cans with a connecting thread???
    An analog snake game?? This is effin insane and insulting!!!

What's happening up there in Orlando?!?!
    They are seeing nothing being released to boost the stock prices, yeah what they showed off looks good but it is all about making money and that will not come for awhile until devices are out there.
    05-03-12 09:14 PM
    I think investors may have read this article, or others like it:

Federal managers quickly ditching BlackBerry for iOS, Android devices
    05-03-12 10:06 PM
    They are seeing nothing being released to boost the stock prices, yeah what they showed off looks good but it is all about making money and that will not come for awhile until devices are out there.
    Just to add a little bit to this... It's all about what's going to make money this quarter. That's as far as any of them can or want to see. They don't care if a company is building a foundation for long-term growth and competitiveness (i.e., building a platform that will be significantly easier to develop apps on). If it isn't happening in the next three months, it isn't happening. And that's the single biggest reason the market is not happy with RIM this week. No announcement on when BB10 will be done or when the actual devices that will run it will be revealed.
    05-03-12 10:30 PM
    I'm almost dying here! In just one hour of active trading RIMM's stock is already more than 5% down now with an all-time low trading at $12.07!! What the are the investors seeing?! RIM unveiling a land phone or something?? Two cans with a connecting thread???
    I'm totally with you. There is something really wrong here, and it's not RIM. There is no way the stock can be worth as little as it is/was trading today, for a company so big and with the positive news and changes going on. There is no way that is an accurate or fair market price on the RIM stock.

I was listening to all the great news coming out of BB World in Orlando, and then to hear today's headlines (trumpeted aloud by no other than the likes of Globe and Mail, CBC and Toronto Star) I just shook my head in utter disbelief. This has nothing to do with RIM anymore. It's the insanity of the market, the crazy over the top criticism of analysts and investors, then regurgitated and amplified by the media.

Here RIM is being meticulously watched and rated on every word, every action and every single thing. I am convinced there is something larger going on, and that there must be entities who are purposely driving the stock down and somehow profiting. Has anyone visited Globe and Mail's technology section to read their collection of RIM articles? Read the comments, and you'll find it is home to one of the biggest collection of anti-RIM trolls you will ever see together in one place. It's disgusting.

A recent article I read mentioned something about only 5% of people using BB or something like that. Wow, maybe next they'll tell us it's actually 0-1%, maybe nobody. Maybe it's all an illusion when you see someone with a BlackBerry, it doesn't exist and is just a hologram. But in the meantime, when I am out I see BlackBerry devices ALL OVER the place in the financial district and on the transit, usually outnumbering the people using other devices. For example, a few days ago I was on the subway and there was a guy on his iPad. But there were 3 other people who had BlackBerries. 2 other fellows close by, and me. Guess that must have been a dream, not real according to the people who publish the statistics.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 05-04-12 at 01:08 AM.
    stevepar and kemj like this.
    05-04-12 01:02 AM
    Wouldn't be a true Crackberry thread without this...Apple's behind it!
    05-04-12 01:06 AM
    RIMs stock has been suffering for a while now. And will continue until they do something to turn it around.
    What do you want? A limo and hookers bundled with every purchase, and 500 GHz diamond laced anti-matter processor? Do something to turn it around.. give me a break.
    05-04-12 01:13 AM
    People want a smartphone that has somthing "WOW" in it. RIM for the last 2-3yrs have just sat back and did incremental upgrades every 6 months and finally have found out the hard way, "you snooze! you lose!" and NOW, when they need to leapfrog Apple and Samsung and HTC, they offer up nothing special, just the same elitest BS about "BlackBerry's are for successful people" well Steve Jobs was VERY successful, having been CEO of the wealthiest company on Earth, and I didnt see a BlackBerry Bold 9930 in his jeans. Bottom line, RIM had it's time in the Sun, and they f**ked it away.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    You got into his pants ?!?
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-04-12 04:38 AM
    This is good for RIM fans
    If you believe in BB10 and play the markets now is a good time to dollar cost average your holdings or start new.

Lots was left to speculation you buy on rumors sell on facts as they say. After getting to play with a few devices and talking with many within RIM I'm increasing my holdings.

RIM did an amazing job working with developers and really getting feedback asking what we want the tool are getting much better and really is amazing what webworks can do

I encourage any developers to find out when the bbjam road show is inyour area and see how much work RIM has done for you.

The stock price has no hard reason to go up until RIM has new hardware released.
    Superfly_FR and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-04-12 04:54 AM

What's happening up there in Orlando?!?!
    Just relax. Let the financial planet forget about RIM for now.
    RIM can afford this for now; they have cash, hey have revenues.
    In the meantime, they work hard to deliver on time BB10.
    It's somehow logical; RIM changes but everybody's waiting for them to deliver.
    Personally, I think it's even a good thing : no pressure is good for timing.

Then, you can make the choice to grab some shares ... or not [discuss in my signature thread link about it].
    05-04-12 04:59 AM
    If financial analysts were meteorologists, their weather forecast would consist of walking outside, looking around and following with a report stating if its currently raining or not. These guys make Captain Obvious look like Nostradamus.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    Superfly_FR and undone like this.
    05-04-12 06:21 AM
    680news local Toronto radio market report driving home last night

"Rim at the lowest in 8 years - Is now a good time to buy stock"

"No - Rim is light years behind the competition - steer clear"

Take it for what it's worth.......

Cheers
    05-04-12 07:46 AM
    Because the release of samsung galaxy s3 is perceived as more important news than blackberry 10 showing developers how cascades works. Wall street does not care about rim developing blackberry 10 they knew bb10 was in the works last year. Samsung Galaxy S3 is coming its unveiled and they feel that the galaxy s3 is gonna take out a bite of blackberry sales.

BB 10 has no release date, they are trying to woo developers now, expect the stock to take a bigger dive when iphone 5 comes out.
    Last edited by GeneralTech; 05-04-12 at 07:52 AM.
    05-04-12 07:48 AM
    G3 is now, BB10 is in indefinite future.

RIM is good at making promises, they are very bad at execution. I liked what I saw at BB Jam, but I have doubts that they will make it.

Look at Playbook... took them a year to get email out and it still is a buggy, slow piece of crap (the email app)
    05-04-12 07:52 AM
    Look at Playbook... took them a year to get email out and it still is a buggy, slow piece of crap (the email app)
    See! that's why I did try out the Playbook @ 1st..then choose to get a ipad2, even though I could have saved $200.00 getting the Playbook. This is the major problem..people just take cheap crap off of RIM and say, "Thank you Sir! May I have another?" I'm loyal to ME! bottom line...whoever has the best device at the time I wanna buy will get my business..period!
    Magnesus likes this.
    05-04-12 08:07 AM
    All Heins had to say was "With BB10, BlackBerry people will have a choice of the best physical keyboard on the market, which you would expect from BlackBerry, OR what we believe is the best virtual keyboard on the market. Let me show you how that works..."

And later..."so that's our new virtual keyboard. BlackBerry people will have the best physical keyboards and the best virtual keyboard to get things done"

Same issue happened on the investor call last quarter. RIM's writers are not being as clear as they need to be in big events like this.
    The issue with what RIM chose to go with at release. Sure a physical keyboard will follow, but when. Anybody here really trust RIMM to give us an accurate release date for that? I am betting all of the reviewers will note and harp on the lack of a physical keyboard. I think that is a fair point to make just like not having native e-mail on the PB was a fair shot to take. I have no idea what the technical and manufacturing issues are with a physical keyboard BUT, if my stock was tanking and I was sitting on a pile of cash and knew BB10 was our major launch and perhaps the companies future hinged on it (this was all known a full year ago) I would have made sure the launch had BOTH keyboards available. As it is a BB phone without a physical keyboard is only half a phone for many loyal BB users and the press will and should point that out.
    05-04-12 08:39 AM
    The issue with what RIM chose to go with at release. Sure a physical keyboard will follow, but when. Anybody here really trust RIMM to give us an accurate release date for that? I am betting all of the reviewers will note and harp on the lack of a physical keyboard. I think that is a fair point to make just like not having native e-mail on the PB was a fair shot to take. I have no idea what the technical and manufacturing issues are with a physical keyboard BUT, if my stock was tanking and I was sitting on a pile of cash and knew BB10 was our major launch and perhaps the companies future hinged on it (this was all known a full year ago) I would have made sure the launch had BOTH keyboards available. As it is a BB phone without a physical keyboard is only half a phone for many loyal BB users and the press will and should point that out.
    I think none of that stuff was really a factor, the worlds biggest phone manufacturer put out their flagship quadcore phone yesterday, the number 1 challenger to the iphone, rim was guaranteed to take a hit this week i wouldn't be shocked at all that the dev conference was scheduled when it was on purpose. Honestly it probably helped mitigate the bloodshed. The street was waiting overnight for the tech guru's to hate it or love it and they seem to like it hence why berry stock is down.

As of the time i posted this reply Blackberry stock is trading at 11.82 a share
    05-04-12 09:44 AM
    The problem with RIM demoing BB10 is that they aren't selling BB10 as a standalone product.

If Microsoft demo'd an OS like BB10 the stock would definitely be moving upwards. But RIM doesn't actually sell BB10, there's no word of companies interested in licensing it yet. So no matter how awesome it might be, it needs to be tied to a physical product to offer any value to investors. BB10 could be completed tomorrow, but until it demonstrates its value it's not likely to be licensed by other companies or hold any interest to stockholders.

The next stock bump will come with the 4G tablet, likely launched in Australia. The next will come from the 2.1 update as it upgrades an existing physical product, with the possibility of attracting more consumers. From then its on to the first BB10 phone.
    05-04-12 09:50 AM
    It's down to 11.72 - considering the actual fundamentals of the business (no debt, customer base), I think you have to see this as the market saying that (as it currently stands) they don't see BB10 having much potential.
    05-04-12 09:51 AM
    The next stock bump will come with the 4G tablet, likely launched in Australia. The next will come from the 2.1 update as it upgrades an existing physical product, with the possibility of attracting more consumers. From then its on to the first BB10 phone.
    This seems like magical thinking at its finest. An LTE tablet will not do any better in Australia than it has anywhere else. It IS NOT a selling point. People buy iPads and KFs, not LTE tablets. Heck, much of America is on AT&T with no LTE. It hasn't hurt sales of the iPad here. It won't hurt sales of the iPad down under.

And the idea of a point-release update to a product that sales at a loss is laughable. If anything, whatever reminds investors of the disaster that is the PB, will lower the stock even further. RIM needs to stop fooling with this profit-loss hobby. All hands and resources need to be on BB10 devices.
    05-04-12 10:00 AM
    It's down to 11.72 - considering the actual fundamentals of the business (no debt, customer base), I think you have to see this as the market saying that (as it currently stands) they don't see BB10 having much potential.
    They're comparing BB10 to BB7.1 and not seeing sufficent difference in the OS. The fact that its running on a new foundation that enables a whole new host of uses is somewhat lost on them.

No one is considering that this OS could just as easily go after the Windows CE market as well as the smartphone market. It's not as limited as their previous OS offerings, but since RIM hasn't made any overtly obvious moves in that direct the market can't see it.

This seems like magical thinking at its finest. An LTE tablet will not do any better in Australia than it has anywhere else. It IS NOT a selling point. People buy iPads and KFs, not LTE tablets. Heck, much of America is on AT&T with no LTE. It hasn't hurt sales of the iPad here. It won't hurt sales of the iPad down under.

Except... you know... Apple is being sued in Australia because their 4G tablets aren't compatible with their networks, so there is no 4G iPad available to buy. Add to this fact that there are major issues with European carriers too.
    Last edited by morlock_man; 05-04-12 at 10:08 AM.
    05-04-12 10:02 AM
    The problem with RIM demoing BB10 is that they aren't selling BB10 as a standalone product.

If Microsoft demo'd an OS like BB10 the stock would definitely be moving upwards. But RIM doesn't actually sell BB10, there's no word of companies interested in licensing it yet. So no matter how awesome it might be, it needs to be tied to a physical product to offer any value to investors. BB10 could be completed tomorrow, but until it demonstrates its value it's not likely to be licensed by other companies or hold any interest to stockholders.

Sorry, an Australian launch is nice but nowhere close to a market mover. Unfortunately the next thing to move this stock up is it either bouncing off $10.00, or more rumors of a takeover or some fund taking it private (likely and sadly to raid and sell off its patents and cash - if it has any left) . I'd say this week and the Conference was a big swing and a miss.
    05-04-12 10:05 AM
    Now with the conference behind us, RIM will trade on fundamentals. Let's face it, May and August results are going to be ugly. With no new products in the interim to drive sales in N. America, the market is treating RIM with reckless abandon. It will bottom out between now and September, then trade up as release date of new phone approaches.
    As to where the bottom is? Who really knows. It's too risky for me but I agree with other posts, if you are a speculative investor, start to dollar-cost average after May results are released.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    RIM's trading volume has been relatively high the last few days. Its people making money on the 'way down'. Volume in this case spells bad news.

Stupidly, any positive announcement will drive the price back up (because they still have yet to release the new platform). Let's say 'Rim now partnering with Amazon for its media content'. Makes sense because Amazon's Fire is fizzling. And watch the stock pop.

Short term investors are driving the price today, not long term.
    Last edited by undone; 05-04-12 at 11:44 AM. Reason: missed an L...:(
    Stupidly, any positive announcement will drive the price back up (because they still have yet to release the new platform). Let's say 'Rim now partnering with Amazon for its media content'. Makes sense because Amazon's Fire is fizzing. And watch the stock pop.
    "Fizzing"? Did you mean fizzling? As in not doing well? Sales for the Kindle Fire are slowing, but still are much better than the Playbook.

I don't think this is the bottom for RIM's stock. It can get worse before it gets better?

Shlooky and mzceetee like this.
    05-04-12 10:30 AM
    I think they are looking for the gimmick to drive consumers back to blackberry, android has facial recognition and the s3 has some fancy eye movement tracker, iphone has apps retina display.

What these folks are looking for to get them hyped up is some new innovation. Nothing less than the best will satisfy, the street does not care about anything other than a finished product with something new to bring to the tech world. Something that blackberry will have over its competitors that the world does not already know about. Expect them to snub anything blackberry does until it either demonstrates something that has not been done before or puts out a new and exciting finished product.

After all this delay for bb10 they will be heavily relying on a Xfactor or Xfactor's so to speak on the product to judge its viability, rather than simply having a very good os.
    Shlooky likes this.
    05-04-12 10:57 AM
808 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD