12-05-13 07:17 PM
808 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Looks like stock is trending towards less than $9/share...
    https://www.google.ca/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:RIMM
    06-25-12 10:21 AM
    Time to scoop up some!!
    06-25-12 10:27 AM
    Looks like stock is trending towards less than $9/share...
    https://www.google.ca/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:RIMM
    All RIM has to do is come out and make an official statement debunking the notion of selling off their hardware business. That should get things back up to $10 and above.
    06-25-12 10:28 AM
    All RIM has to do is come out and make an official statement debunking the notion of selling off their hardware business. That should get things back up to $10 and above.
    The price also would probably go up if there are rumors of a potential buyer.
    06-25-12 10:30 AM
    Only if you think it's pieces are worth more than it's current stock value....

"Morgan Stanley analyst Ehud Gelblum became the latest analyst to ditch any hopes for RIM ahead of what is known to be a fiscal first quarter train wreck. Gelblum downgraded RIM to underweight -- a bit late to that party -- on the idea that the company won't even be able to hold its book value. Any strategic transformation will require a much smaller RIM that is broken up into parts"

Analyst sees RIM losing 90 percent of workers

If you are investing... not a good play right now. If you are a supporter... go buy a new phone (you may be able to sell it on ebay with less of a loss than buying the stock)
    06-25-12 10:34 AM
    A wise man once told me to never listen to analysts. Some would downgrade or give a stock an unfavorable assessment only to change it to a positive one a week after. That's of course after their affiliated companies and friends scoop up a bunch of that stock during the "downgrade period".

Analysts said Chipotle wasn't a good bet back in 09. I had a hunch that it would do great because I ate it 3x a week and each time I was at the store, the line wrapped around to the door. Look at its price now. Lol

I think Bb is a good, secure platform. BBm is great. They just need a better marketing team.
    06-25-12 10:40 AM
    Their statement failed to debunk anything. Definitely worrisome as a developer investing time into this...
    06-25-12 10:40 AM
    Without the NOC - not a single BB on the planet will operate over a wireless network. The fear in the IT space today is that the huge investment in a BES infrastructure with dozens or hundreds of provisioned BBs is in real danger of being worthless. That is driving the market down.

That said, at $9.00 a share, imho it may be worth a gamble if you have an extra G to play with today. It may drop as low as $5 before BB10 releases, but if RIM is bought out or BB10 releases successfully - $20-25 would not be unheard of in the long term. Its a long term gamble to be certain, but better odds than roulette or blackjack.
    06-25-12 10:52 AM
    A wise man once told me to never listen to analysts. Some would downgrade or give a stock an unfavorable assessment only to change it to a positive one a week after. That's of course after their affiliated companies and friends scoop up a bunch of that stock during the "downgrade period".

Analysts said Chipotle wasn't a good bet back in 09. I had a hunch that it would do great because I ate it 3x a week and each time I was at the store, the line wrapped around to the door. Look at its price now. Lol

I think Bb is a good, secure platform. BBm is great. They just need a better marketing team.
    But with all due respect, no one is wrapping around RIM's door. To continue your analagy, imagine if you went to Chipolte every day but all your co-workers and friends refused to go with you. And when you got there the place was a ghost town. Everytime. You may still love the food; but what if not enough other people did? RIM needs to do a Dominoe's and rebrand themselves. They are starting to do that, all the speculation and conjencture now, is whether or not they will make it, before they collapse.

If there were not so many people's livilhoods and so many billions invested in BES infrastructures worldwide, this would be an exciting an entertaining watch.
    06-25-12 11:00 AM
    Just like Goldman Sachs and the other rip off financial institutions in the NA market that lied about their financial standing, they are all liars only looking out for themselves and serve up the crap that people love to believe in. In 2008 the markets colapsed because these B**stard's lied to millions of investors many of which lost their life savings....why believe them now....a leopard cannot change his spots!!!
    06-25-12 01:21 PM
    That said, at $9.00 a share, imho it may be worth a gamble if you have an extra G to play with today.
    That's on the assumption that RIM will remain intact if an acquisition occurs. If it's broken up and sold for parts, there won't be a rise in stock price.

I'd rather head to Atlantic City and play BlackJack with that Grand.
    06-25-12 01:39 PM
    First of all, the AGM is coming on July 10 2012, so you won't hear much from RIM until that date. They will release earnings this week but their management team is set on July 10th and that is when the stock option pricing occurs. Why would they want the stock to go up before they set the stock option pricing?

Secondly, if the company gets split up or parted out, cash goes to the company, the shares will go up by the value of the cash. So it is not correct to think that asset sales won't flow to the stock price. If they are in a bidding war, the company who gets the 67% of the companies shares will be able to convert their holdings into a take over. Who in their right mind would sell their share for anything less than a profit? That 's how the stock price climbs, until the first 67% of shareholders are satisfied with the current price and sell out. That could be at any price. This doesn't mean the company is priced for a buy-out just because the first movers sold at say, $ 20.00/shr. The average of all of the trades to $ 20.00/shr is the cost to buy the company not the offer price. A complete buy-out takes close to 95% of willing shareholders submitting their shares at the takeover price, say $ 25.00shr.

I see the stock selling off until the AGM, then I see positive news flowing from that point onward until the release of BB 10. I also so the low in the stock happening very soon as the stock option pricing will be almost complete (60 day average trading price of the stock prior to the setting of the stock option price). Once management is elected, their compensation package is complete (re: stock options set) you will see the stock go up.
    06-25-12 01:58 PM
    Doubtful it would be that high currently a takeover bid would not exceed more than 15.00 per share or about 7.5 billion for the company in cash or stock from the acquirer. 8% down for the day 68% down from September high.
    Last edited by JTATL; 06-25-12 at 02:04 PM.
    06-25-12 02:02 PM
    Only if you think it's pieces are worth more than it's current stock value....

"Morgan Stanley analyst Ehud Gelblum became the latest analyst to ditch any hopes for RIM ahead of what is known to be a fiscal first quarter train wreck. Gelblum downgraded RIM to underweight -- a bit late to that party -- on the idea that the company won't even be able to hold its book value. Any strategic transformation will require a much smaller RIM that is broken up into parts"

Analyst sees RIM losing 90 percent of workers

If you are investing... not a good play right now. If you are a supporter... go buy a new phone (you may be able to sell it on ebay with less of a loss than buying the stock)
    This is only about the 883rd story I've seen based on this ONE GUY's rating. Maybe if they get over a thousand quoting him it'll really gain traction.
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-25-12 02:03 PM
    At $8 I will double my investment in RIM as it will dollar cost average me to around $15,
    Get ready to pull the trigger...
    06-25-12 02:59 PM
    Get ready to pull the trigger...
    You know he's not really investing any money don't you? Saving face on forums and all that.
    06-25-12 03:04 PM
    Aren't these the same analysts who told their customers to sell and the public to buy right around the Facebook IPO?
    06-25-12 05:31 PM
    I'm about to double my share ownership.

Just waiting for the next paycheck so I've got some extra to play with.
    06-25-12 05:38 PM
    I made the mistake of thinking RIM would bottom earlier this year and am painfully down $10k. As a BlackBerry user I love the platform and the device. As a shareholder however, I am utterly disgusted with the massive complacency and lack of execution that placed RIM in this position.

I am at a complete loss on whether to take the hit or try to ride this out. With the dead radio silence in the air, it sure doesn't look like good news will be coming out of Waterloo any time soon.
    Last edited by cgull; 06-25-12 at 06:18 PM.
    06-25-12 06:12 PM

Good luck with that. I'd wait though. It's going to come down a bit more.
    06-25-12 06:24 PM
    I'd ride it out if I were you.

No news isn't bad news. They're playing this game of cards close to their chest because they know the stakes are about as high as they could possibly be.

@ADozenEggs - Why bother? I might save a few bucks if the stock drops a little further... but if they launch their a new marketing campaign leading up to BB10 after the earnings call I'll end up losing more than I would have saved.
    06-25-12 06:24 PM
    While the stock price is shocking, what's really criminal is the complete mis-read of the market by the two former CEO's. They really put this company in the ditch by sticking their heads in the sand and hoping Apple and Google would just go away..... We now see the results of that strategy in spades.

For those of us who were on the quarter-end calls who heard Jim B. exclaiming "I've seen the product roadmap and it's fantastic....of course I can't tell you about it, but its fantastic !"

This was just prior to the year-long drought before finally BB07 came along....which meant there was no roadmap !
    Stewartj1 and h20work like this.
    06-25-12 07:06 PM

@ADozenEggs - Why bother? I might save a few bucks if the stock drops a little further... but if they launch their a new marketing campaign leading up to BB10 after the earnings call I'll end up losing more than I would have saved.
    I don't understand. Please say that again.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-25-12 07:22 PM

12 more days like today and it will be a penny stock. Scary to think what will happen after the earnings report, or god forbid they have another noc issue like the last one when they upgraded bis. I'd love to see them turn it around, but it's not looking very good right now to say the least.
    06-25-12 07:38 PM
    I'd ride it out if I were you.

No news isn't bad news. They're playing this game of cards close to their chest because they know the stakes are about as high as they could possibly be.

Maybe if we had some proof that bb10 was coming soon. Soon as in the next month or two.... If it turns out they are shooting for Oct/Nov, I personally doubt they will make it that long. It will be a completely different RIM.
    06-25-12 07:42 PM
808 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD