12-05-13 08:17 PM
808 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    OK - Here is a tip for anyone here that wants to make a lot of money in less than a year.

Set up a private fund to take the bids of members here. If they do what they say they are going to do they are about to lose a lot of money fast. Their loss - your gain.
    Since you are so sure of that, why don't you?

We do, even if wrong. You don't :wrong address.
    06-07-12 03:52 PM
    Someone knows something. Or its going to drop just as much, if not more, tomorrow.
    06-07-12 03:56 PM
    Someone knows something. Or its going to drop just as much, if not more, tomorrow.
    Actually back from 1 digit to $10.72.
    06-07-12 04:04 PM
    For some reason, despite all the gloom about Europe, all markets seem to substantially up in the last two days. I don't think it will last.
    06-07-12 04:24 PM
    2nd straight up day!
    06-07-12 05:11 PM
    For some reason, despite all the gloom about Europe, all markets seem to substantially up in the last two days. I don't think it will last.
    Maybe some understood it's not a good idea to shoot themselves bullets in feet ...
    06-07-12 05:15 PM
    May not be entirely up to date, but here is the ownership info you were asking about. If the link doesn't take you directly to the page, use the OWNERSHIP tab to get there. Five owners each with 5.1%. Also give top mutual fund holders.

RIMM - Stock Quote for Research In Motion - RIMM Stock price - real time stock quote for Research In Motion

Thanks,

That is better than Morningstar

So Mike & Jim collectively own 10% of the company, 20% of the outstanding shares.
    06-08-12 05:36 AM
    Stock price will hover around $10 to signify BlackBerry 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 06:28 AM
    Stock price will hover around $10 to signify BlackBerry 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can I also have tonight's lottery numbers......
    06-08-12 07:58 AM
    2nd straight up day!
    Don't worry, negative press releases are being written as we speak, and will be filed away to be published as soon as the stock slides again.
    06-08-12 09:56 AM
    Don't worry, negative press releases are being written as we speak, and will be filed away to be published as soon as the stock slides again.
    as of 2 days ago (no update yet) ? Research In Motion Revert to Neutral - Yahoo! Finance. Zacks upgrading to neutral.
    06-08-12 12:18 PM
    I blame the singularity.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 02:39 PM
    is it me or does the market seem extremely confused with this stock?
    06-15-12 12:17 PM
    No. Given the current situation, the stock is right where it should be, between $9 and $11. There will be allot of turbulence in the stock as RIM leaks good news, bad news and rumors about its' courters and suitors. Like anything else in the market, buy on the dips. Hold for the long term.
    06-15-12 12:22 PM
    up 5% 1 day, down 5% another day in the same week on no apparent news? it's been fluctuating quite a bit.
    06-15-12 12:49 PM
    Doctors call that death rattle.
    06-15-12 01:19 PM
    Think for a moment, the flagship for companies recently have come out with either a bigger screen or another chip set and the resultant product sells by the case. This recent background news from the RIM hq is very intriguing and there is definitely a bang coming very soon. I will laugh with gusto when the berry returns in force.
    Consider the vast info-tech market in ten years...vastly different than it is now. Which company has been developing compact energy cells for its future handsets and which company has been innovating in its approach for connectivity and information privacy. There servers may have gone down for five hours but they have not once leaked customer data into the great wired unknown of the information super-highway.That company of royal galas and granny smith has lost customer info and has had its servers breached and recently lost its revolutionary leader and is running on the sketches that were in dev for the late Mr.Jobs. Where as RIMM is teetering on an edge of a deep canyon with the ability to leap over and found the new TOTL...

Imagine a galaxy sII format factor with a qwerty case back and haptic feedback that has six day charge cycle....with bullet proof data encryption that has emergency coverage at any point on earth with the integrated satellite transceiver and an os that is intuitive and friendly.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-17-12 06:57 AM
    Think for a moment, the flagship for companies recently have come out with either a bigger screen or another chip set and the resultant product sells by the case. This recent background news from the RIM hq is very intriguing and there is definitely a bang coming very soon. I will laugh with gusto when the berry returns in force.
    Consider the vast info-tech market in ten years...vastly different than it is now. Which company has been developing compact energy cells for its future handsets and which company has been innovating in its approach for connectivity and information privacy. There servers may have gone down for five hours but they have not once leaked customer data into the great wired unknown of the information super-highway.That company of royal galas and granny smith has lost customer info and has had its servers breached and recently lost its revolutionary leader and is running on the sketches that were in dev for the late Mr.Jobs. Where as RIMM is teetering on an edge of a deep canyon with the ability to leap over and found the new TOTL...

Imagine a galaxy sII format factor with a qwerty case back and haptic feedback that has six day charge cycle....with bullet proof data encryption that has emergency coverage at any point on earth with the integrated satellite transceiver and an os that is intuitive and friendly.
    Lool
    I'd like to smoke from your pipe too.
    That would be great.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-17-12 08:08 AM
    As Najarian would be the first to tell you, a little luck never hurts when trading. He would still consider both Nokia and RIMM as part of a "fallen angel" basket, but not in much size. Both companies have large patent portfolios, a fact that makes them compelling to would-be buyers. The problem with that as an investment thesis is that Nokia and Research in Motion seem determined to continue operations, reducing their cash flows and delaying any sale. Like boxers and and an opened can of soda, patent portfolios don't become more valuable with the passage of time.
    For those inclined to play, Najarian suggests owning the common but writing call options aggressively against the position.
    It's not a stirring vote of confidence but it's about as bullish a view as you're likely to hear about RIMM or NOK from anyone on Wall Street. A never-ending series of profit warnings tends to shake the confidence of even the most bullish analysts.
    What I get reading this is :" you can ... or not". Maybe it explains why "the market" is standing on a prudent position with RIM stock in 10-11 range.

See the headlined thoughts below :

And if you want it, the full story/video here : Are Nokia and RIM Headed for Ruin? | Breakout - Yahoo! Finance

For reference, the latest stock quote :
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-17-12 at 08:17 AM.
    06-17-12 08:13 AM
    Meh, I'll pass, no upcoming releases + disappointing quarters = don't buy in my book...The smart phone market is dominated by consumers...BlackBerries are considered uncool. I wouldn't touch this stock right now, unless you enjoy losing money...The share price hits a new low every other week, and I find myself laughing every time someone brags about buying stock...This stock is showing no signs of a positive breakout...Just remember catching a falling knife is harder than you think...

I seen all your magic tricks
    Abracadabralous
    My crowd gather around; it's the resurrection of Lazarus
    06-17-12 09:28 AM
    Meh, I'll pass, no upcoming releases + disappointing quarters = don't buy in my book...The smart phone market is dominated by consumers...BlackBerries are considered uncool. I wouldn't touch this stock right now, unless you enjoy losing money...The share price hits a new low every other week, and I find myself laughing every time someone brags about buying stock...This stock is showing no signs of a positive breakout...Just remember catching a falling knife is harder than you think...

Abracadabralous
    It seems the pipe you smoking from is not bad either.
    Prey share.
    06-17-12 12:40 PM

Abracadabralous
    Ehhhh.. I don't know man. That's not how I see it. But if the "global economy" is America in your opinion, then yes, I see where you are coming from
    06-17-12 07:05 PM
    Lool
    I'd like to smoke from your pipe too.
    That would be great.
    It seems the pipe you smoking from is not bad either.
    Prey share.
    Fiending a little? Haha
    06-17-12 07:08 PM
    They are trading at what they can be liquidated for because the market sees no future for either company.
    06-17-12 08:13 PM
    Some figures before June 28th.
    Earnings Preview: Research In Motion - Seeking Alpha
    Tired : don't read full :
    The consensus EPS is $0.01 based on 44 analysts' estimates, down from $1.33 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $3.15B, down from $4.91B a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $11.00.
    Average recommendation: Hold
    06-19-12 10:04 AM
808 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD