12-05-13 07:17 PM
808 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Up a penny to $9.99 in after hours trading.
    06-05-12 05:40 PM
    $10 was a magic number for some so there was a bit of action there. I once had a call in for $10 before dropping it to $7 before getting out entirely.

How low can it go?

Good question. The standard answer is the "true value" divided by the number of stock but there are a lot of problems with that formulation. For me the only value is in the cash reserves and that is an ever-changing number. Also, the contention that "RIM has no debt" is a bit of an illusion because there are some (unknown, for now, to us) fixed and fluid liabilities associated with their current financial problems, layoffs, and need for some new recruitment. My views change daily but I am still looking at close to $3 before any buyers step in - maybe Microsoft - probably near the end of the year.
    Probably close to $8 a share by the end of June.
    06-05-12 05:49 PM
    Does anyone more informed than me know what the following line means?

I understand what puts and calls are, but I don't understand why this line suggests further pain. People are buying (and selling...you need a seller for a buy) calls, and they are buying (and selling) puts.

Which just seems to imply to me that there are people who believe RIMM will go up, and there are people who believe it will go down. Just like any other stock. What am I missing?
    Buying puts and selling calls both indicate that the investor believes that the stock price will go down
    06-05-12 08:03 PM
    Buying puts and selling calls both indicate that the investor believes that the stock price will go down
    If there is an investor buying a put, isn't there one selling it to them, who thinks the opposite?
    06-05-12 11:30 PM
    If there is an investor buying a put, isn't there one selling it to them, who thinks the opposite?
    Yeah, RIMM
    06-06-12 08:56 AM
    Yeah, RIMM
    Huh. No. I really really doubt RIM is selling options on its own stock.
    06-06-12 10:37 AM
    Huh. No. I really really doubt RIM is selling options on its own stock.
    Too bad there is no sense of humor app for BBOS.
    06-06-12 10:44 AM
    Too bad there is no sense of humor app for BBOS.
    Right? Haha
    06-06-12 10:57 AM
    up to $10.21 .. the end of the ride ?
    06-06-12 11:00 AM
    Never look at a single day, look at overall trends - if the price continues to go upwards for months, maybe but that's doubtful.
    06-06-12 11:04 AM
    Wish I knew... I'm still in for the long haul. I'm "betting" on BB10
    06-06-12 11:06 AM
    Never look at a single day, look at overall trends - if the price continues to go upwards for months, maybe but that's doubtful.
    Yep, for sure, but it's a folling post of yesterday and the day before, when stock went 1 digit.
    Still, it's a question and I'm not pretending it'll continue to raise. Stay still between $10 and $11 would be fine for me until BB10
    06-06-12 11:09 AM
    I'll buy in at 8
    06-06-12 11:10 AM
    so what's the lowest it could drop before we see some outside interference? ie: a hostile take over bid, or intensified calls for a break up/sell off

I know nothing of stocks, so in laymen's terms, what type of scenarios can we potentially see between now and the bb10 launch? And what about after launch, when the stock is hovering at the same price (i expect it wont jump up in value for a few months post launch)
    06-06-12 11:28 AM
    It could skyrocket at launch... Don't think anyone can say for sure. The market is one volatile s.o.b.
    06-06-12 02:25 PM
    so what's the lowest it could drop before we see some outside interference? ie: a hostile take over bid, or intensified calls for a break up/sell off

I know nothing of stocks, so in laymen's terms, what type of scenarios can we potentially see between now and the bb10 launch? And what about after launch, when the stock is hovering at the same price (i expect it wont jump up in value for a few months post launch)

Chris Umiastowski had an interesting article up a couple days ago about what could happen if the stock poses a problem for bb10 development.

http://m.crackberry.com/what-are-rim...c-alternatives

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    06-06-12 03:21 PM
    I would think getting below $8 would drive a private investment fund to want to buy in, and push the Board's back against a wall.
    06-06-12 03:25 PM
    I would think getting below $8 would drive a private investment fund to want to buy in, and push the Board's back against a wall.

At $8 I will double my investment in RIM as it will dollar cost average me to around $15,

and if a sale starts to REALLY come to the table I expect it to be in the $15-19 per share range.

Though the BIG question is.

WHO controls the majority shares of RIM?
    What % of RIM does Mike L. Still hold? What % of RIM does Mr Hiens have?

doesn't seem any major investment fund has more than 1% stake in RIM, and the volume of moving shares is just a small fraction what is actually out there.

That is one things I can't seem to find, who the top 5 RIM holders are, when I look to morningstar it doesn't list ANY individual holdings as significant in the last 3 years, when that is certainly known to be false.
    06-06-12 04:14 PM
    Here is my predicion eventhough I lost quite a bit on RIMM.
    The price will go down as low as $8 then buyout rumors will start..it should settle by $15 by the october..If BB10 previewes are good, it can go $20 easy..
    06-07-12 01:09 AM
    Here is my predicion eventhough I lost quite a bit on RIMM.
    The price will go down as low as $8 then buyout rumors will start..it should settle by $15 by the october..If BB10 previewes are good, it can go $20 easy..
    Yep, and Facebook stock is going to go to $100.

On a more serious note. The stock will not double (or more) just based on some good BB10 previews or reviews. The stock market care about money, profits, and viability in markets, not opinions. The stock is dropping cause what they have now is not competitive and what they have in store is unproven. Nokia's WP7 devices got rave reviews but I don't see their stock doubling...
    Last edited by N8ter; 06-07-12 at 02:55 AM.
    06-07-12 02:52 AM
    $10.34 #justsayin
    http://beta.fool.com/mooseelz/2012/0...gyholnk0000001
    Am I linking Motley's ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-07-12 at 04:49 AM.
    06-07-12 04:42 AM
    The stock market is rigged.

Google it, tons of results prove it too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    06-07-12 06:05 AM

Are you joking?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    brucep1 likes this.
    06-07-12 06:49 AM
    At $8 I will double my investment in RIM as it will dollar cost average me to around $15,

and if a sale starts to REALLY come to the table I expect it to be in the $15-19 per share range.

Though the BIG question is.

WHO controls the majority shares of RIM?
    What % of RIM does Mike L. Still hold? What % of RIM does Mr Hiens have?

doesn't seem any major investment fund has more than 1% stake in RIM, and the volume of moving shares is just a small fraction what is actually out there.

That is one things I can't seem to find, who the top 5 RIM holders are, when I look to morningstar it doesn't list ANY individual holdings as significant in the last 3 years, when that is certainly known to be false.
    May not be entirely up to date, but here is the ownership info you were asking about. If the link doesn't take you directly to the page, use the OWNERSHIP tab to get there. Five owners each with 5.1%. Also give top mutual fund holders.

RIMM - Stock Quote for Research In Motion - RIMM Stock price - real time stock quote for Research In Motion
    06-07-12 07:13 AM

roffle...Sounds like someone bought rimm at 40.00 bucks...
    06-07-12 08:35 AM
808 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD