12-05-13 07:17 PM
808 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    How about getting laughed at over developing for the PB? I have been getting that lately.
    What I usually get when someone sees my PB is, "What's that?"

When I tell them, they usually ask me why I got it, and my best answer is bridging.
    05-30-12 02:47 PM
    Consumers read headlines and are not informed as you and I. Negative headlines impact buying decisions. If you have doubts, do you want to be locked into a 2 to 3 year contract. As an enterprise, how much do you want to invest when the future of your vendor is uncertain (one of many things that impacted nortel).
    05-30-12 05:56 PM
    Consumers aren't scared away from BlackBerry devices by negative press (though it doesn't help). RIM does not have a device that is competitive on the market right now. Even BlackBerry enthusiasts are scared away because they don't want to buy into the last days of a dying platform (BB7 and the Osbourne effect). So that leaves Canada and emerging markets, which hasn't been enough.

With 2.1 billion in cash, how long can RIM hold out? Not that long if Heinz has announced that they are engaged with banks to discuss options.
    Heinz hired the banks when he took power in February!
    The people who are negative on RIM seem to forget that this was one of the things he did when he first took power, and now he's reminding people YES we did that,

To further enhance our commitment to successfully completing our transformation, after the release of our year-end financial results, we engaged J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and RBC Capital Markets to assist the Company and our Board of Directors in reviewing RIMs business and financial performance.
    But it is way more fun spreading misinformation than reading things right?

Yeah... folks are not reviewing stock performance while waiting in line to purchase cell phones.

You either make a device that is compelling or you don't.

Mobile post via Tapatalk

Consumers aren't but Sales people of phones are, they see negative news, they stop selling, even if the consumer wants a BlackBerry they are essentially told they are stupid for wanting the phone that works for them and to buy something else
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    05-30-12 06:14 PM
    For those of you who know about options and stock price: Despite distress, RIM call options still hot - The Globe and Mail

Despite distress, RIM call options still hot

TIM KILADZE
    Globe and Mail Update
    Posted on Friday, June 1, 2012 8:04AM EDT

You would think that with all of the negative news coming out of Research in Motion, put options that benefit from a sinking stock price would be in heavy demand, much like they are for Facebook.
    But it turns out that the options market for RIM isn’t so one-sided. In fact, it’s pretty evenly split. Of the top ten most sought after contracts, six are puts and four are calls, according to Bloomberg.
    How can that be? Although many people believe that the stock will plummet if the company’s operating cash flow continues to weaken, there are also a hefty number of investors who think the glass is half full.
    This lot, according to market makers, believes there is a decent chance of a takeover because RIM has a solid cash balance – $1.5-billion last quarter – and has the rights to some important patents. These investors also assume that the bad news can’t get much worse, so there’s only upside potential.
    As straightforward as that may seem, this bullishness has caught most people off guard. Market makers expected volumes to be as heavy as they currently are, but they didn’t expect to see buying behind both the bull and bear cases.
    06-02-12 08:41 AM
    No buyers at this price - maybe at 5.
    You realize that for every seller there is a buyer right? And volume has been around average, at the current (obviously) price levels.
    06-02-12 10:30 AM
    As Chris U put it...it is going to get a lot darker before it gets brighter. There is some grain of truth in that.
    06-03-12 10:52 PM
    Dipped into single digits today.
    06-04-12 10:10 AM
    RIM (RIMM) Shares Fall Below $10

Shares of Research In Motion (Nasdaq: RIMM) are now trading in single digits. The stock just dipped below $10, now down 3.4 percent to $9.92. The stock has not traded this low since 2003.

RIM shares are now down about 30 percent year to date.

StreetInsider.com - RIM (RIMM) Shares Fall Below $10
    06-04-12 11:05 AM
    They need to do something very quick to stop the free fall (down nearly 6%). If the layoffs are going to happen anyway, then they need to announce them now! Everyone is losing faith in RIM. RIM management needs to respond with a sense of urgency. They cannot wait until 6/28 to provide additional details. They need to do it now. Why do they act like they have time??
    06-04-12 11:11 AM
    Anyone know what has set this off? There doesn't appear to be any news today? Down over 5% today so far.
    06-04-12 11:11 AM
    Anyone know what has set this off? There doesn't appear to be any news today? Down over 5% today so far.
    In RIM's world no news is bad news. They aren't providing enough information so everyone is assuming the worst - that there are no buyers or no one will to license BB10 or partner with them on content or BB10 will never really launch.... Doesn't matter what it is, only the worst will be assumed in the absence of any news.
    06-04-12 11:15 AM
    They cannot wait until 6/28 to provide additional details. They need to do it now. Why do they act like they have time??
    Probably because a decision has already been made internally as to what RIM is going to do going forward, and no amount of communication is going to change that decision for better or worse. Whatever decision that may be I won't bother to speculate, but it's almost certain that by now a plan of action has been put into effect.
    Chrisy and SlcCorrado like this.
    06-04-12 11:16 AM
    Someone needs to run over to the "slogan" thread and suggest "Flush the toilet"...

:-/

-CFOT
    waker likes this.
    06-04-12 11:29 AM
    My money I invested in their stock is now officially completely worthless...
    But I refuse to sell.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-04-12 11:38 AM
    My money I invested in their stock is now officially completely worthless...
    But I refuse to sell.
    I'm with you. Keep faith.
    06-04-12 11:48 AM
    Probably just a complete lack of buyers. Who wants to buy the stock now? When there are no buyers and Sellers want to sell the price falls quickly. Very sad to see it where it is.
    06-04-12 12:28 PM
    This isn't unique to RIMM. There's a lot of uncertainty out there in general these days.
    06-04-12 12:30 PM
    This isn't unique to RIMM. There's a lot of uncertainty out there in general these days.
    Sure but a stock that drops from $40.35-$9.57 in one year and is at the same level as 2003 is not simply reflecting the uncertainty in the market, it has much bigger problems.
    06-04-12 12:40 PM
    Probably just a complete lack of buyers. Who wants to buy the stock now? When there are no buyers and Sellers want to sell the price falls quickly. Very sad to see it where it is.
    I'm starting to wonder if I should even be saying this... But I'm still buying. I'm sure the majority of people would probably think that's crazy, but I'm stickin' to it haha
    06-04-12 12:42 PM
    Market reacting to Nomura analyst report:
    - business deteriorating faster than the most pessimistic analysts expected
    - network revenue will shrink dramatically as N. American BB users defect to other platforms
    - RIM will report operating loss until 2014
    - RIM will have cash burn of $500 million in 2012

nothing new here, market looking for excuse to sell

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    06-04-12 12:46 PM
    Market reacting to Nomura analyst report:
    - business deteriorating faster than the most pessimistic analysts expected
    - network revenue will shrink dramatically as N. American BB users defect to other platforms
    - RIM will report operating loss until 2014
    - RIM will have cash burn of $500 million in 2012

nothing new here, market looking for excuse to sell

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    If it goes that long, Rim will not exist as a stand-alone company.
    06-04-12 12:48 PM
    I'm starting to wonder if I should even be saying this... But I'm still buying. I'm sure the majority of people would probably think that's crazy, but I'm stickin' to it haha
    If I can get some $ from the bottom of the barrel, I'm in too. I'd double my humble wallet.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-04-12 at 12:55 PM.
    06-04-12 12:50 PM
    If I can get some $ from the bottom of the barrel, I'm in too. I'd double my humble wallet.
    Well good luck Only time will tell if we were wise or not. Right now everyone's laughing, but my prospects are looking pretty good if I can get even "book value" for my shares
    06-04-12 12:57 PM
    Well good luck Only time will tell if we were wise or not. Right now everyone's laughing, but my prospects are looking pretty good if I can get even "book value" for my shares
    "do or die". I'm doin'.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-04-12 01:04 PM
    It can always go lower.
    06-04-12 01:07 PM
808 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD