11-02-13 04:34 PM
35 12
tools
    BlackBerry SHOULD exit the hardware business, because they are and have been for many years, at least 6 months behind everyone else in terms of technology. The ONLY way that they could continue to be in the hardware business is if they were to release a monster, Quad, hexo, octo this and that, 12-13mp camer, 3-4Gb memory, SD expandable, reasonable battery. It is the hardware that attracts the buyer in the comparison at point of sale.

They need to listen to what consumers want if they want to play in that space. They are now doing that with BB10 OS (the improvements from launch to today are staggering) but it could be too late.

I have heard directly from BB employees mouth that the hardware management [on the dual core cpu] said "it doesn't need it" This is a problem that plagues most of BB, heavy management, poor decision makers and thinking they can tell the customer what they want. There are many great technical people here in Halifax, Canada that will be out of a job on Jan 10, 2014 and it's a shame. They are the bread and butter of BB and they should have started with the 10 layers of management instead like most companies do.

I am hopeful for BlackBerry as I am a proud Canadian and this is one of the biggest stories in the tech world of our generation, I would like it to have a "happy continuation" and not a miserable ending.

I'm also an ex-employee. I currently own a Z10 (which i love) but yesterday i got caught in the hype (again) and bought a Nexus 5 for another device. It will be my first time using Android. Will it become my primary device ( 60% business 40% personal), we'll see.
    11-01-13 11:39 AM
    The apps that people complain about the most, can't be written by anyone who isn't the company itself. I am sure that Blackberry has offered them money, but there is industry politics involved.
    True but why doesn't BlackBerry throw some cash at the independent developers that are writing instagram client apps like igran or????gran? Not to mention the couple of pebble app developers out there?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:45 AM
    I think they Need to add more RAM in the Next BB10 devices to full headless App Support
    11-01-13 11:50 AM
    blackberry needs lots of things to survive ,it should first get proactive
    11-01-13 12:33 PM
    blackberry and the world of possibilities ,it can be truth ???
    11-01-13 12:34 PM
    BlackBerry SHOULD exit the hardware business, because they are and have been for many years, at least 6 months behind everyone else in terms of technology. The ONLY way that they could continue to be in the hardware business is if they were to release a monster, Quad, hexo, octo this and that, 12-13mp camer, 3-4Gb memory, SD expandable, reasonable battery. It is the hardware that attracts the buyer in the comparison at point of sale.
    They would still have to sell phones. If the OS isn't tied directly to the phone, then they have lost the security of the phone. So whether they have manufacture the phones or design the phone and have someone else manufacture the phone, it isn't a big change.
    11-01-13 12:39 PM
    Honestly I think human beings are just gullible, today its about apps next its about specs and in the near future whatever 'leading manufacturer' decides is the topical issue.
    11-01-13 12:42 PM
    Edited. Got my figures wrong.
    11-01-13 12:46 PM
    True but why doesn't BlackBerry throw some cash at the independent developers that are writing instagram client apps like igran or????gran? Not to mention the couple of pebble app developers out there?

Posted via CB10
    If they paid to have someone else develop something that they were not allowed to make in the first place, it isn't any different.
    11-01-13 12:50 PM
    If they paid to have someone else develop something that they were not allowed to make in the first place, it isn't any different.
    I don't understand? Not allowed to develop client apps? What about Blaq or fast tube or the dozens of other client apps that are available how are the developers able to write them if they are not allowed to?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 04:34 PM
35 12