03-10-14 01:59 PM
    The video speaks for itself? No inciteful comments to add youself? Don't forget from our rules....

Copy/Paste of Articles - Blatant copy/paste of articles from outside sources with no additional commentary is strictly prohibited. Failure to include your own original thoughts or relevant feedback is discouraged. Blatant copy/paste offenders will receive a warning or infraction.
    03-10-14 02:08 PM
    Sorry for not following the rules.

Please feel free to block the post.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 02:31 PM
    The video speaks for itself? No inciteful comments to add youself? Don't forget from our rules....

Copy/Paste of Articles - Blatant copy/paste of articles from outside sources with no additional commentary is strictly prohibited. Failure to include your own original thoughts or relevant feedback is discouraged. Blatant copy/paste offenders will receive a warning or infraction.
    YEAH!!!!!

But seriously, all the BB10 footage they showed was a nice change from the 2007 BB phones they would normally show, and yet, I don't think BB10 was actually mentioned.. Was it? I for one think that's something they did right.

Posted via CB10
    Or, you could edit the first post with your opinions of it...
    03-10-14 02:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nay first offense you just get that verbal slap on the wrist. All is good.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-10-14 02:46 PM
    I get what you're trying to say, but verbal slap on the wrist is literally impossible, physically speaking.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 02:53 PM
    YEAH!!!!!

But seriously, all the BB10 footage they showed was a nice change from the 2007 BB phones they would normally show, and yet, I don't think BB10 was actually mentioned.. Was it? I for one think that's something they did right.

Or, you could edit the first post with your opinions of it...
    Thanks for not giving me the overhead right from riddick

I will be more careful in the future.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    03-10-14 03:06 PM
    Sorry couldn't edit, last post was for you.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    03-10-14 03:09 PM
    I dislike the general attitude displayed: "BlackBerry is dead, lets say some nice things about it".

Even if it lost market share and has an uncertain future, BlackBerry is still inovating with BB10.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    03-10-14 03:09 PM
    I dislike the general attitude displayed: "BlackBerry is dead, lets say some nice things about it".

Even if it lost market share and has an uncertain future, BlackBerry is still inovating with BB10.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    I agree.

It's sure not fun being the underdog, but it's a must that you stand ya ground, then you start to see the followers show a little respect.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:31 PM
    On the contrary, that was probably the best coverage of BlackBerry by a non-BlackBerry-specific large tech news site that I have seen in a LONG time.

Don't forget - Americans love an underdog, too.

Considering the premise, I found FAR less sarcastic sniping at the company and the products in that video than I think I have ever seen from a non-BB source in quite a long time. It was almost reverent.

There are still some good signs on the horizon. Mindshare is half the battle.

And the writer even asked at the end for people to make suggestions about what else BlackBerry did right, for a future episode. I hope people make good and copious suggestions.
    rizdragon and kbz1960 like this.
    03-11-14 03:49 AM
    Yes the US does like an underdog, but I think it respects a winner more.

The phrase " winner takes all " is why apple is so popular in the states.

Winning is everything to Americans, not the taking part.

With that attitude running around people's heads, its hard to see how BlackBerry can gain hearts and minds in America without winning at least one race or event decisively.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 01:19 PM
    Yes the US does like an underdog, but I think it respects a winner more.
    Yeah - I'm skeptical of their ability to win in the US. Palm had more of that "cheer for the underdog". BlackBerrys haven't just fallen out of fashion, they've become fashionable to hate. Not sure how they turn that perception around.
    03-13-14 07:40 AM
    that was interesting to watch... thanks for sharing...
    03-13-14 08:10 AM
    BlackBerrys haven't just fallen out of fashion, they've become fashionable to hate. Not sure how they turn that perception around.

It could be done, I believe.

But not with the kind of people running BlackBerry these days.

These are people who are, for the most part, clueless about popular culture, I'm sorry to say.

I mean I sorta find the company endearing partly because they're straight-shootin geeks for the most part and not pure BS hype machines like so many other companies, but Steve Jobs or Oprah Winfrey they are not.
    03-14-14 06:11 AM
    Yeah - I'm skeptical of their ability to win in the US. Palm had more of that "cheer for the underdog". BlackBerrys haven't just fallen out of fashion, they've become fashionable to hate. Not sure how they turn that perception around.
    True, but it can be turned round. Must be a berry thing.

Burberry became fashionable to hate, but the brand and mindset was reclaimed and company was turned around.

Blackberry has lost both brand value and market share, it's not too late to turn it around.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 06:19 AM
    It's definitely not too late. They continue to make amazing practical smartphones and software. All they need is a strong marketing and sales strategy to get the word out there. People ask me all the time about my Z30. What is that???

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 09:57 AM
    Comes off as an obituary.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:49 PM
    I think that until BlackBerry has stabilized from the damage it has taken, very few things will be changed.

Once the company is ready to have another go at it, they should get a PR firm to launch their software and devices. BlackBerry should be attractive to everyone and not only to the big corporations.

BlackBerry has good ideas, but, like I saw on another post, execution was rather lacking.

What happens in Vegas...
    03-16-14 11:45 PM