08-21-14 01:01 PM
131 1234 ...
tools
    Are there any photo of Q20?

I need to buy a new phone soon... a bigger screen Q10 would be perfect.

Z30 doesn't have keyboard so it kills the deal.
    There is a Q20 Concept Photo on the CrackBerry News page. Here : http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=909216

However, we won't be seeing pics until later 2014.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-25-14 12:11 PM
    Sure he does. He brought BlackBerry 10 to market when people expected the company not to last that long and he got rid of a lot of longtime culprits like CIO and the head of legal.
    I know you're a Thor fan, and I respect that. But any capable CEO could have done what he did.
    02-25-14 12:19 PM
    I know you're a Thor fan, and I respect that. But any capable CEO could have done what he did.
    For sure. And in the end, he was not successful at making BlackBerry 10 a success so I'd question his true strength as a CEO. I But he definitely did have some victories during his tenure too and I wanted to point that out given the tendency to bash anything and everything he did while he was there. I liked a lot of things he did early on - like cleaning house, like being more open with the media, like admitting their weaknesses, like taking responsibility.

For me, I'm remaining skeptical of John Chen for the same reasons ... he's doing things I like early on, but it needs to ultimately translate to revenue, growth, profit and sustainability. Thorsten wasn't able to get there, and it's too early to make the determination of whether or not Chen will. Probably at least four more quarters to get real measures of this.
    web99 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-25-14 12:29 PM
    I look at the Q20 and think, BlackBerry did some market research and belfastdispatcher is the only one who replied.
    LOL that was the first thing I thought of when I saw Chen announce the Q20 earlier this morning
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-25-14 03:51 PM
    Great, now how about fixing the battery problems in 10.2.1

That'd be awesome..

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-25-14 05:14 PM
    bb10 on playbook?? forget about it. bring the bb10 browser and i'll be good with that.
    02-25-14 05:25 PM
    bb10 on playbook?? forget about it. bring the bb10 browser and i'll be good with that.
    Dont forget about he bb10 apps/games
    02-25-14 05:27 PM
    It's Chen's way of bring BlackBerry back from the dead! And into the future!
    how can you bring something back to life when it never died in the first place?
    Omnitech and CDM76 like this.
    02-25-14 06:57 PM
    They need to.stop making new.phones... and make a z10 powerful version. as powerful as the Samsung galaxy S5 or iPhone 5s... they still need to fix that

Posted via CB10
    Stop making new phones but make a new z10, isn't that also making a new phone though?

Posted via CB10
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    02-25-14 06:59 PM
    Great, now how about fixing the battery problems in 10.2.1

That'd be awesome..

Posted via CB10
    Funny...I actually have MUCH better battery life with 10.2.1.2141.

That sucks that you're having issues.
    CDM76 and Karan Mohal like this.
    02-25-14 09:26 PM
    With today's announcements BlackBerry is swinging for the fences!
    1. Cheap full touch Z3
    2. Bring back the belt Q20
    3. BES to support legacy BlackBerry devices BES12
    4. secure BBM eBBM
    5. What's next?
    5a PlayBook upgrade to BB10
    5b Android apps officially supported and built in BlackBerry World.

I mean really they have hit most of the current pain point, just fix #5 and all will be good!

Posted via CB10
    Wouldnt a BB10 Playbook 2 with updated x64 capable processor and graphics be much better? All these new announcements. Can Chen truly be the new hope? I really want to believe.
    02-25-14 09:44 PM
    What a stupid decision to bring back the belt isn't bb10 suppose to flow? And wouldn't that defeat the purpose of one major feature. Peaking will be forgotten and the glory of amazing ui development will be lost on qwerty devices.

Stupid I cannot believe this 2nd thought who the hell did they ask? And did they offer them a q10 beside a 9900? Or what!?

My 2cents.

Ps.
    Squircle.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-25-14 09:51 PM
    I look at the Q20 and think, BlackBerry did some market research and belfastdispatcher is the only one who replied.
    Hahahahaha. You made me LOL so hard that my whole family almost woke up.
    southlander likes this.
    02-25-14 10:49 PM
    OP, #5 ....Playbook has long been off the table at BB land. Nice wishful dreaming.
    02-25-14 10:55 PM
    It's Chen's way of bring BlackBerry back from the dead! And into the future!
    Funny how much the future looks like...the past!
    02-25-14 11:21 PM
    I dont understand the pun in it

02-25-14 11:48 PM
    So, 5c for me would be to finish bringing the last few good features of the legacy OS to BB10. Personally, I'm still waiting on support for Outlook categories in contacts, custom profiles, and individual volume settings for notifications... to name a few.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    02-25-14 11:53 PM
    Spec wise the 30 is the last kid on the block compared to what everyone is releasing. Don't get me wrong as I love this phone, it does everything I want but when you compare the sticker sheet to others.... We are lagging.

Did it ever occur to you why Apple never puts model numbers on their devices?

Apple sells the experience, not the spec.

If automobile "A" has 10 more horsepower but breaks down twice as frequently as automobile "B", why would I buy it solely on the basis of the horsepower?

If mattress "A" has 20% more internal springs than mattress "B", but mattress "A" is uncomfortable and hurts my back, why would I buy mattress "A"?

Specsmanship is dumb.

Blackberry cannot compete on specs/price ratio, when they are up against huge vertically-integrated electronic manufacturing powerhouses like Samsung.

People need to just get over this and remember: we buy Blackberries because of the unique experience and functionality, not because the camera has 1.2M more pixels than someone else's camera.

If all I cared about was specs, I'd buy some dumb Android thing, and spend my days trying to fight off viruses and privacy violations.
    NinjaB, anand_ma, NiqDy and 2 others like this.
    02-26-14 12:33 AM
    With today's announcements BlackBerry is swinging for the fences!
    1. Cheap full touch Z3
    2. Bring back the belt Q20
    3. BES to support legacy BlackBerry devices BES12
    4. secure BBM eBBM
    5. What's next?
    5a PlayBook upgrade to BB10
    5b Android apps officially supported and built in BlackBerry World.

I mean really they have hit most of the current pain point, just fix #5 and all will be good!

Posted via CB10
    agreed 1-4 are all good news, and don't forget about the new high-end device coming end of this year!

buuut I wouldn't hold my breath on 5a lol
    02-26-14 01:01 AM
    Z3 is awesome too but will not help first world countries perspective of Blackberry and BlackBerry will continue to sink.

I don't think anyone believes that the Z3 is designed to improve "first world countries" perspective on Blackberry - certainly not infamously parochial USA.

But that's not the point, really. That part of the world is projected to be one of the fastest-growing markets for smartphones and handheld devices in general for the next few years. It's a good idea to keep the brand going in such places, especially since the reputation of the company there is still salvageable. This tells me that Chen's long-term goal is to get back into the mass market, which is a very reassuring thought for those of us who wish to have our existing investment continue to be supported.

BBOS7 will continue to sell better because of compressed data...

I don't think data compression is going to help much with modern media content, personally.

They need some innovative ideas. Look at sonys show that was amazing. Even Samsungs was pretty brutal.
    It's taking Blackberry to long to turn ideas into a product which is why blackberry is falling behind in the first place.

They're focusing on software and enterprise. I don't expect them to be on the cutting edge of handset innovation for at least a couple of years, if that.

If that's what you expect, you will be disappointed. They don't have the resources for that right now.
    02-26-14 01:20 AM
    Funny...I actually have MUCH better battery life with 10.2.1.2141.

The issue that people are reporting seems to mostly appear when LTE is enabled. LTE is pretty sparse over there in your area, right?

In fact, aren't you using a STL100-1?
    02-26-14 01:25 AM
    I dont understand the pun in it

The referenced user is infamous around here for constantly claiming the old OS and devices were superior to the newer OS and devices.
    kbz1960 and anand_ma like this.
    02-26-14 01:27 AM
    Whats next:
    Marketing, advertising.
    BB based updates. Not carrier based.
    New Playbook, nothing under 10 inch preferably 12.5 or thirteen inch, running BB10, full HDMI port(not mini),+++++
    The new MONSTER phone. Must launch at least two weeks before new iPhones.
    BBM voice and video for every device under the sun.
    02-26-14 03:00 AM
    They should've listened to me long time ago, I did tell them while I was a BB Elite. They had to waste a few billions before they did it.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-26-14 05:10 AM
    No disrespect to Chen but give Thor credit when credit is due. These were all green-lighted under his watch.
    Thor gets no credit, he's the one who took the trackpad away and in an interview with CB he declared it never coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-26-14 05:12 AM
131 1234 ...