Berry review announces poll where less than half of blackberry owners plan on sticing with blackberry.

http://www.berryreview.com/2010/08/02/nielsen-most-blackberry-users-dont-want-another-blackberry/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_camp aign=Feed%3A+Berryreview+%28BerryReview%29

As I predicted before, the majority of owners are fed up with RIM dragging its heels and not trying to compete. Kiss that market share goodbye.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 03:33 PM
    Yeah. Engadget posted the same using the same source, aka. Nielsen.

I'm not sure what the exact cause for the disillusionment is (the Nielsen poll doesn't go into details) but I'm sure that a skimpy app catalog and declining mindshare are at least two factors behind it.
    08-02-10 03:40 PM
    08-02-10 03:40 PM
    08-02-10 03:45 PM
    Yet ANOTHER thread predicting RIM's demise. I'm getting sick of them and when people insist on posting stuff here, they mysteriously seem to ignore any GOOD reports.

According to CNN's Money.com, RIM's stock is up 4% based on speculation of new devices and the new OS (July 28, 2010). According to PC World's Canalys Report, dated today, August 2, "Android devices made up a 34 percent share of phones shipped in the U.S. market in the quarter, followed by Research In Motion at 32.1 percent and Apple with 21.7 percent, Canalys found."

Yes, of COURSE Android is making great strides. It's a (comparatively) new device, with multiple manufacturers. People often tend towards "new" things, they're curious. I suspect many of those users have been using BBs for years now and, if they resisted the push to iPhone, were happy to have an opportunity to try something new. Both RIM and Apple (and Win7) are going to lose some market share to Android, that's the way it works in the market place. Canalys also reported that RIM shipments increased by 41% (worldwide. iPhone enjoyed a healthy, 61% growth).

I'm tired of everyone panicking and speculating over RIM's demise everytime they read some financial or market report that doesn't scream "RIM's the King!" Please, stop this nonsense!

EDIT: P.S. Online Polls? I wouldn't trust those as far as I could delete them....garbage, just like the polls here on CB.
    08-02-10 03:46 PM
    As I predicted before, the majority of owners are fed up with RIM dragging its heels and not trying to compete. Kiss that market share goodbye.
    How did you get to be so wise?
    08-02-10 03:52 PM
    I usually reserve reading these types of threads for insomniac nights, as they put me to sleep in seconds flat.

By the way, I know nobody asked me, but I'm not planning on switching from BB.
    08-02-10 03:52 PM
    I usually reserve reading these types of threads for insomniac nights, as they put me to sleep in seconds flat.

By the way, I know nobody asked me, but I'm not planning on switching from BB.
    Yeah, no kidding. We've been hearing the same doomsday threads for well over a year now. It's always the same arguments.
    08-02-10 03:56 PM
    Really the only concerns for RIM is how to pull off this device refresh and get BB6 out there to as many consumers as possible. As long as they don't totally puss consumers off with this refresh thing and as long BB6 comes out of the gate running fast fluid and stable they will be fine.

The new OS will be a big deal for RIM because of webkit. It does sound like they have updated the SDK significantly and that they have had it out there for some time.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

The 9800 won't make everyone stop buying iPhones or droid's but once their is a storm running BB6 and a Bold running BB6 on all carriers than RIM should be back in the game. At least a lot more than they are now.

Again that assumes that it runs well with none of the dumb defects that plagued OS5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD