10-28-13 07:41 AM
38 12
tools
    Still no news for BB10 except Flipboard
    10-22-13 03:50 AM
    10-22-13 03:53 AM
    This is Blackberry's death nail. Windows has won. It wasn't a fair fight given Blackberry was run by a bunch of monkeys.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    milo53, Etios and 1magine like this.
    10-22-13 05:13 AM
    Well given the pile of $$ Microsoft has in the bank it was a no brainier, it might take them years, a decade even, of trial and errors but they always get there at the top three whatever they do.
    10-22-13 05:18 AM
    Well given the pile of $$ Microsoft has in the bank it was a no brainier, it might take them years, a decade even, of trial and errors but they always get there at the top three whatever they do.
    Microsoft probably spent less than 10% of what Blackberry currently has in the bank. Blackberry should have invested in these apps and they didn't .

I would even argue that BlackBerry should have outspent Microsoft, even given the smaller cash pile because BlackBerry's only business is smartphones and they just had to do it well. Microsoft has other very strong businesses. Microsoft could afford to not have the apps, BlackBerry couldn't.

milo53 likes this.
    10-22-13 05:24 AM
    Microsoft probably spent less than 10% of what Blackberry currently has in the bank. Blackberry should have invested in these apps and they didn't .

I would even argue that BlackBerry should have outspent Microsoft, even given the smaller cash pile because BlackBerry's only business is smartphones and they just had to do it well. Microsoft has other very strong businesses. Microsoft could afford to not have the apps, BlackBerry couldn't.

Fair point.
    10-22-13 05:53 AM
    I expect a similar announcement from BlackBerry this month or it means that they've given up. WP8 will be the new BlackBerry of budget phones. They'll never be premium with all the budget phones out there, but it seems all legacy BB device users will now welcome WP8 since they have all key apps and affordable.

If only BB can spend all their effort on a 1 (one) premium device that has equal or better specs in every single way and support it with 1 midspec series, I thik it would be great.

Next year, I hope they make 1080p phone line with whatevercore CPU and 3800mah battery with billionmegapixel-lowlightworking camera with even better z30 build quality..
    10-22-13 06:31 AM
    This is Blackberry's death nail. Windows has won. It wasn't a fair fight given Blackberry was run by a bunch of monkeys.

While I often noted TH's incompetency at various topics this is just another example of a clueless, narrow-minded comment - if BB wants to focus on enterprise/prosumer/whatever-it-is-called market then not having native Instagram client makes negligible difference, forget the idiocy of complaining about some stupid, dumb games.
    10-22-13 11:55 AM
    I expect a similar announcement from BlackBerry this month or it means that they've given up. WP8 will be the new BlackBerry of budget phones. They'll never be premium with all the budget phones out there, but it seems all legacy BB device users will now welcome WP8 since they have all key apps and affordable.
    I highly doubt, this is pretty much nonsense.
    Have you ever used it extensively? I have spent over an hour with it and despite being a big Windows Mobile user - enjoying full QWERTY back on my HTC Tytn, originally started on Windows CE on a HP Jornada - I pretty much concluded WP is the most annoying, most incomplete PoS mobile OS I have ever come across.

MSFT is just so f'in' incompetent it's unbelievable, amd WP shows it at every single turn...
    ...but it's not a surprise, though, just look at the boss of Windows Phone: it's the same designer clown, clearly favored by Ballmer, who as GM previously pretty much sunk Windows Media Center into oblivion, then (as a result?) was promoted and made Zune into such a "success" (we all know the details) - only to be promoted again and produce the current utterly amateur, royal mess around WP... yes, I'm talking about VP Belfiore, one fo the Ballmerian golden boys, one of the key people who should be ****in' fired the very day when Ballmer finally drags his stupid, fat, clueless and loudmouthed @ss out the door.
    The level of lunacy at MSFT is just breathtaking, the fact that such an incompetent bungler just gets promoted over and over again, despite making one royal ****up after another, should tell you everything about the level of contra-selection under the Ballmerian rule - only two things matter, apparently, to be a loyal Yes Man and not to be even remotely appear like you could take over the bald, clueless, arrogant, chair-throwing beancounter's role. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's a nice guy etc - but he's clearly an incompetent ****, period.
    The chances for WP to become a standard corporate phone is next to NOTHING, literally. You can go and hear awesome stories from idiots living in their MSFT-bubble but in reality WP's penetration at corporate level is practically nonexistent and they've long missed the boat, regardless how much money the fat clown and his ilks are throwing at it.

I'm glad I've followed my fav vendor (Sony) to Android years ago (which I always advocated for as the most future-proof mobile option) and escaped this utterly incompetent, stupid, mind-bogglingly mismanaged mess called Windows Phone.
    Last edited by szlevi; 10-22-13 at 12:18 PM.
    10-22-13 12:02 PM
    BlackBerry sure has a lot of deathnails

Posted from my Z10
    mathking606 likes this.
    10-22-13 12:35 PM
    Lol windows phone won. Plain and simple. And I hate windows phone. Blackberry is done. Just going to be a services company after all.
    10-22-13 05:01 PM
    BB says they are looking for a strategic partner / buyer.
    BB cancels their earnings call.
    BB reduces the number of phones you are going to launch.
    BB indicates that they are going to focus on the "prosumer".
    ... and then the reduced carrier support for their phones.

etc.... the developer reaction was inevitable. The BBM install numbers have been the only real positive in sometime. I hope the momentum continues on this.
    Tre Lawrence and Rage Riley like this.
    10-22-13 07:13 PM
    Well Mr Saunders said they offered everything to IG and other companies(money,tech support etc), but they just wouldn't budge.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-22-13 07:23 PM
    With Bbm that will eventually make all other cross platform chats irrelevant, BlackBerry will request to to get paid to get to be a connected app
    Mr.mister likes this.
    10-22-13 07:33 PM
    well we will soon have igrann, whine and snapmate so at least BB has some devs stepping up to the plate to fill the gaps. Microsoft had devs doing this for them for a while and they even marketed some of the apps like 6tag.
    10-22-13 07:57 PM
    Well Mr Saunders said they offered everything to IG and other companies(money,tech support etc), but they just wouldn't budge.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    Must not have offered enough.
    10-22-13 11:26 PM
    I highly doubt, this is pretty much nonsense.
    Have you ever used it extensively? I have spent over an hour with it and despite being a big Windows Mobile user - enjoying full QWERTY back on my HTC Tytn, originally started on Windows CE on a HP Jornada - I pretty much concluded WP is the most annoying, most incomplete PoS mobile OS I have ever come across.

MSFT is just so f'in' incompetent it's unbelievable, amd WP shows it at every single turn...
    ...but it's not a surprise, though, just look at the boss of Windows Phone: it's the same designer clown, clearly favored by Ballmer, who as GM previously pretty much sunk Windows Media Center into oblivion, then (as a result?) was promoted and made Zune into such a "success" (we all know the details) - only to be promoted again and produce the current utterly amateur, royal mess around WP... yes, I'm talking about VP Belfiore, one fo the Ballmerian golden boys, one of the key people who should be ****in' fired the very day when Ballmer finally drags his stupid, fat, clueless and loudmouthed @ss out the door.
    The level of lunacy at MSFT is just breathtaking, the fact that such an incompetent bungler just gets promoted over and over again, despite making one royal ****up after another, should tell you everything about the level of contra-selection under the Ballmerian rule - only two things matter, apparently, to be a loyal Yes Man and not to be even remotely appear like you could take over the bald, clueless, arrogant, chair-throwing beancounter's role. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's a nice guy etc - but he's clearly an incompetent ****, period.
    The chances for WP to become a standard corporate phone is next to NOTHING, literally. You can go and hear awesome stories from idiots living in their MSFT-bubble but in reality WP's penetration at corporate level is practically nonexistent and they've long missed the boat, regardless how much money the fat clown and his ilks are throwing at it.

I'm glad I've followed my fav vendor (Sony) to Android years ago (which I always advocated for as the most future-proof mobile option) and escaped this utterly incompetent, stupid, mind-bogglingly mismanaged mess called Windows Phone.
    Microsoft killed your puppy?
    Your points are totally destroyed by the fact that Nokia Phones running WP8 routinely score highly in customer satisfaction polls, second only to the iPhones.

There are many missing gaps in WP8 (ameliorated now with the recent update), it's not as feature rich as android...but it's still a decent OS.
    Etios likes this.
    10-23-13 02:28 AM
    Lmaoooo at some people in here,

Death nail lmfao

It's over? Lmao I'm done

Posted via CB10
    chopachain, Dude_9 and Rage Riley like this.
    10-23-13 02:33 AM
    With Bbm that will eventually make all other cross platform chats irrelevant, BlackBerry will request to to get paid to get to be a connected app
    First of all, BBM is hardly going to make WhatsApp, Hangouts, WeChat, etc. irrelevant. And second, precisely who is going to pay BlackBerry? The people living in economic backwaters who use BBM because they can only afford cheap BIS plans? Yeah, there's a viable strategy.
    Rage Riley and Etios like this.
    10-23-13 06:52 AM
    BlackBerry is playing some stupid game with Flipboard. Downloaded it and installed a few weeks ago.
    Updated my OS and now it says not for my device.

WTF!?!?!?!??

Posted via CB10 on a Verizon Z10 running 10.2.0.1791
    10-23-13 07:45 AM

Microsoft bought these and to be fair, Windows 8 phones have been out for a good 6.months longer than BlackBerry 10.

Besides, we already have Flip Board if you have 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:13 AM
    Microsoft bought these and to be fair, Windows 8 phones have been out for a good 6.months longer than BlackBerry 10.

Besides, we already have Flip Board if you have 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    As I posted I have 10.2 on a Z10 and BlackBerry World says not for my device. I downloaded it a month ago no problem but now its a no go.

10-23-13 08:29 AM
    I expect a similar announcement from BlackBerry this month or it means that they've given up.
    Keep in mind they are to decide on a buyer next month. Efforts like this have likely grinded to a halt until BlackBerry figures out its future.
    10-23-13 08:40 AM
    As I posted I have 10.2 on a Z10 and BlackBerry World says not for my device. I downloaded it a month ago no problem but now its a no go.

Yeah...running leaked software might be the problem here.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 09:47 AM
38 12