11-04-14 03:01 PM
634 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Hello

BB App World does not support my carrier. and I can't download Viber from any other site. Can anyone help me in this regard?
    05-16-12 05:16 AM
    I've decided to uninstall it after 3 days of usage. I have whatsapp/gtalk/wlm/bbm on my device and have no use for another messaging app which does what all of the above do.
    05-16-12 06:17 AM
    @r.khwaja -
    Hi,
    Please try the direct download link in our official HelpDesk: Can't download from the AppWorld? | Viber Support

@llch81 -
    Releasing the beta version with messaging only is only the first step. We are working around the clock to bring the VoIP feature to our fans, and we hope to complete it within the next few to several months. We'll keep you posted with news.

Meanwhile, we are providing a chance for our BB users to text and send photos for free to other people in other platforms.
    05-16-12 07:29 AM
    Thanks a lot the download link worked, and Viber is working now on my device.
    05-21-12 07:32 AM
    Thanks a lot the download link worked, and Viber is working now on my device.
    We're glad to hear
    Enjoy the app!
    05-21-12 10:32 AM
    Hi Viber, with the current hardware and software limitations of older BlackBerries, is it even capable of having a VoIP? I mean VoIP on a curve 8250 is possible?
    05-21-12 12:04 PM
    Hi Viber, with the current hardware and software limitations of older BlackBerries, is it even capable of having a VoIP? I mean VoIP on a curve 8250 is possible?
    Hi,
    That is actually a good question, and unfortunately we still don't have a definite answer for it.
    In our labs we are working around the clock to examine various technological ways of implementing Viber's VoIP service to all devices and OS versions that are currently supported by Viber's messaging app. You can imagine that the older the version and device is, the harder that's gonna be.

However - we are devoting a lot of resources into it, and we hope that within the coming months we'll have clearer info for our fans.
    05-22-12 04:04 AM
    Hi,
    That is actually a good question, and unfortunately we still don't have a definite answer for it.
    In our labs we are working around the clock to examine various technological ways of implementing Viber's VoIP service to all devices and OS versions that are currently supported by Viber's messaging app. You can imagine that the older the version and device is, the harder that's gonna be.

However - we are devoting a lot of resources into it, and we hope that within the coming months we'll have clearer info for our fans.
    Is there the posibility that you release different updates from different OS? Or you will bring the upgrade for all device's OS at the same time?

I mean, if you said that it is easy to make it for 7.x OS or 6.x OS, would you bring them first to this devices? Because, as you said, you don't know if lower OS could have the upgrade so we all have to wait for all the OS to work with VoIP?

Thanks again Viber team.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Biulet; 05-22-12 at 05:06 AM.
    05-22-12 05:04 AM
    How about a native one for the BB Playbook?
    05-22-12 05:32 PM
    Hi viber, thanks for the feedback. I won't keep my hope's up on voip on my 9300 then, but with the current hardware of all BB7 I think it even surpassed some cheapo androids that have your app. So I just think that (BB7 owners) truly deserved to have your voip as another powerful tool along side with BBM. As for me I will just look forward on Viber on my future BB10

BTW How about at the current state of PlayBook at 2.0.1.358 is Viber possible already? Or there are still some (developer's thingy) missing? Will it come as native or an android port?

Hi,

05-22-12 07:14 PM
    Currently, our hope is to bring our VoIP services to all of the currently supported BB devices and OS. We can't promise anything, due the limitations you mentioned above, but we're working hard to reach our initial goals
    Discussing whether or not the release times would be parallel or newer OS's first is still irrelevant at this stage we're afraid Once we have more concrete info, we promise to keep our fans posted.

About Playbook - as we mentioned in the past, that is another goal of ours for the future, but we're still not sure when exactly. As you know, Playbook uses a whole different OS than the current Blackberry phones. It's going to be similar to OS10, and that is another thing we're looking into these days.

So the bottom line is - there's much more to come, and we're working hard here in the company to make sure as many users as possible enjoy our product
    spike12 likes this.
    05-23-12 04:28 AM
    Just installed latest version. Seems snappier than the first version. Hope battery drain improves to.
    05-29-12 09:02 AM
    Thanks for the report.
    We're continuously working to improve our app on Blackberry, and adding new features.

Stay tuned for more news and updates
    05-30-12 03:07 AM
    latest vs fixed the contacts bug

Thx guys
    05-30-12 01:28 PM
    @ ViberTeam:
    My Phone # will be chaning soon. Is there a way to mesnd a mass msg to all my Viber contacts telling them what my new number is?

Or better yet, will it auto reroute them to my new phone number like BBM does when you have a new device? (I doubt that it will be able to do this as it seems to use their contact lists)
    05-30-12 01:35 PM
    We're glad to hear the problems have been fixed, thank you for your report

About your question - unfortunately the Broadcast Message option is still not available in Viber. We are considering to add it in the future.
    Nor is the auto-rerouting option available (and it would be quite technologically complex to develop, by the way).
    06-01-12 08:50 AM
    After a few days of use:

1. Snappier in opening the app itself.
    2. Slight lag in opening an existing chat room/session but, definitely faster than before.
    3. I rarely see the hourglass/clock issue.
    4. Hang issue is less if not totally eradicated.
    5. I am not sure if its Viber but my battery life is awful nowadays.

Thanks for the update Viber Team. Hope to get voice soon.

Cheers
    06-01-12 09:01 AM
    After a few days of use:

1. Snappier in opening the app itself.
    2. Slight lag in opening an existing chat room/session but, definitely faster than before.
    3. I rarely see the hourglass/clock issue.
    4. Hang issue is less if not totally eradicated.
    5. I am not sure if its Viber but my battery life is awful nowadays.

Thanks for the update Viber Team. Hope to get voice soon.

Cheers
    Thanks for your report - we're thrilled to hear about the improvements, and we'll continuously working to solve the problems that remain in our next versions

Still working around the clock to implement voice. We'll let our fans know once we have any news on this.
    06-01-12 10:06 AM
    Any news about the VoIP implementation on Viber for BlackBerry?

Thanks!
    06-12-12 10:05 AM
    Unfortunately no concrete news yet.
    Our engineers are still working on the implementation of VoIP and once we have news, we'll fill you in
    mithrazor likes this.
    06-13-12 04:08 AM
    Unfortunately no concrete news yet.
    Our engineers are still working on the implementation of VoIP and once we have news, we'll fill you in
    A more better answer will be in what stage your engineers are, are they testing or what ??
    Is there some to look for ??

Enjoy DelftEo
    06-13-12 05:15 PM
    A more better answer will be in what stage your engineers are, are they testing or what ??
    Is there some to look for ??

Enjoy DelftEo
    It is still in the process of on-going development and testings all in parallel (meaning - in the midst of the development).
    Unfortunately we still can't bring you specific news yet. Once we have it, you'll know about it
    06-14-12 05:39 AM
    C'mon Viber team! Summer approaches and people go on holidays (maybe to visit other countries) so it would be great to be able to make viber calls to relative and friends from our BlackBerrys!

Make the "final" sprint!

Cheers from Barcelona!
    Delil likes this.
    06-18-12 05:01 AM
    One more month away...

Any news viber team?

Cheers from Barcelona!
    07-19-12 05:04 AM
    C'mon Viber 2.1.017 was created May 28th
    Surely some update should be released soon!
    07-19-12 05:30 AM
634 ... 7891011 ...