11-04-14 03:01 PM
634 ... 678910 ...
tools
    @ Viber Rep:
    Is Viber coming to BB10?
    The reason I ask is becuase Viber is shown on some leaked BB10 screenshots.

BocaJuniors and nazreil25 like this.
    05-07-12 07:11 PM
    Hey mate, keep calm...we'll NEVER SEE voip working on BB...is the same drama appened with Skype "we're arriving" "coming very soon"...yes we saw Skype works on BB.

Others company are evolving, BB is becoming heavier than an elephant...!

Completely disappointed with BB.
    Remember SKYPE is available for BB in the US. It's just that they did an exclusive deal with Verizon. If you want Skype on BB in the US you have to switch to Verizon.
    05-07-12 07:15 PM
    Remember SKYPE is available for BB in the US. It's just that they did an exclusive deal with Verizon. If you want Skype on BB in the US you have to switch to Verizon.
    US is not the world my friend, what about the other 50 million of us BB users out there? and even if we all move to US, why should we restrict to a carrier for an app? these should be free or paid on the appworld as any other app or as in the other smartphone platforms...
    05-08-12 03:09 AM
    Viber just announced on their twitter a Beta release... though no surprise that there is no sign of a Playbook version..................................
    05-08-12 04:22 AM
    US is not the world my friend, what about the other 50 million of us BB users out there? and even if we all move to US, why should we restrict to a carrier for an app? these should be free or paid on the appworld as any other app or as in the other smartphone platforms...
    Thanks for pointing out that there are other countries? I had no idea. Considering I was born in Israel, to Russian parents. Raised in Australia. Married a Greek Girl. Our first child was born in the UK and our second in the US.

My point was that people shouldnt think that Voip isn't possible on BB. It is. Unfortunately for RIM, Skype has been making exclusive deals with carriers and has therefore been restricting access to it for those who are not on that carrier. This has been very damaging to RIM but is unfortunately outside their control.
    05-08-12 04:40 AM
    Viber just announced on their twitter a Beta release... though no surprise that there is no sign of a Playbook version..................................
    Viber is available for download in App World.

I checked their twitter and they announced the release.

No calls yet... but hope they are coming soon.

Cheers and thanks Viber Team!
    Delil likes this.
    05-08-12 04:44 AM
    Thank you, Viber Team.
    05-08-12 07:06 AM
    Just saw the tweets from Viber. Installed it. Thanks to the Viber team!
    05-08-12 07:48 AM
    thanks viber team
    Is there any way to turn of the sound notifications?
    05-08-12 09:38 AM
    Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce that Viber for BlackBerry Beta and Windows Phone 7 have both been released today! These milestone lets BlackBerry and WP7 users connect freely with our 60 million Viber users, and is a major step towards the full versions, which will have our free HD-voice calling. Get it, you’ll like it.

We are here to collect your feedbacks, questions and ideas - feel free to let us know your thoughts at any time

Best regards
    the Viber Team.
    05-08-12 10:36 AM
    viber beta is out on app world

Awsome

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    05-08-12 10:39 AM
    Well, I installed it and it seems to work. However, for some reason, it cannot detect anyone from my contact list that has Viber on their phone to compile its own 'viber contact list'. Anyone have the same issue?
    05-08-12 11:48 AM
    Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce that Viber for BlackBerry Beta and Windows Phone 7 have both been released today! These milestone lets BlackBerry and WP7 users connect freely with our 60 million Viber users, and is a major step towards the full versions, which will have our free HD-voice calling. Get it, youll like it.

We are here to collect your feedbacks, questions and ideas - feel free to let us know your thoughts at any time

Best regards
    the Viber Team.
    Dear Viber Team,

Firstly, thanks for your release that we have looked forward to for a long time. After a while using this beta version, I feel a little disapointed with the limit in the app's function. You team should make Viber run in background and push the notifications automatically (it's very popular in Blackberry OS) instead of requiring us to turn it on always.

Secondly, the interface is too much simple, there is no change in comparison with the first picture we have seen long time ago. I think with a year to develope the app, you should do much better.

However, I know it still isn't the final version, and I hope everything will be better. Especially the call function, please don't forget it.
    05-08-12 12:36 PM
    Works great....even though I only have 1 contact so far with Viber - ha! Can't wait to spread the news! Will be patiently waiting for calling option.....
    05-08-12 07:35 PM
    If you guys do a google search for viber you will quickly find the link to the direct website. I've downloaded it. I have found some issues with my radio when first installed, but so far it seems to work. I'll report if my credit cards and bank accounts are compromised.

So, great app, but the idea has already flooded the marketplace. What benefits does this have over whatsapp or tringme?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    llch81 likes this.
    05-08-12 09:23 PM
    Hi all,

Our servers are receiving tens of thousands of registration requests at the moment (which is good news! ). However, this might cause delays and glitches in the process of synchronizing the contact list (and that is why people are not showing in your Viber contact lists as Viber users).

We are working hard to solve this problem ASAP. Meanwhile, we recommend that you take a look at this page for workarounds regarding the contact list issue: BlackBerry: Contact list is not showing your friends as Viber users? | Viber Support
    05-09-12 03:16 AM
    Hey Viber team,

Thx again for the app.

I mentioned a couple of posts higher that I cant change the sound settings for the app.
    It doesn't show up anywhere in the blackberry sound profiles and in the app itself no option for it either.

Also it would be nice to have the application running in the background and push the notifications automatically. (one of Blackberries advantages over other platforms) as mentioned by Perkins

Greetz
    05-09-12 06:00 AM
    when i first downloaded viber my whatsapp stopped working and all my contacts in the whatsapp dissappeared , which forced me to delete viber and the whatsapp , then when i reinstalled the whatsapp it didnt work and gave me an error
    saying something like "socketlobase connection to peer " which again forced me to do a security wipe :s . im not going to take that risk again and download the viber .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 06:11 AM
    @Delil -

I apologize, I must have missed that in your original post.
    Currently Viber still don't not provide the option of customizing its sounds and alerts. That is a feature we plan to implement in the future. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience :\
    About Push Notifications - the Push service should be 100% compatible with Viber, and you should be alerted of messages even when Viber is running in the background. If that is not the case, then please let me know, because it's a bug

@eslam93 -
    We highly doubt that Viber affected your Whatsapp in any way - the problem you're describing is probably rooted in something else, maybe simple a problem with Whatsapp servers.
    Please contact them for more info, and know that Viber is 100% perfectly safe for use
    05-09-12 08:53 AM
    Hopefully my 9810 will be supported soon by Viber.
    I've emailed the team support about hang/freezed when I open location on chat message and shows "glass hour" often when I'm typing
    05-09-12 10:50 AM
    Installed on my 9900 yesterday afternoon, Manila time.

Well, sending and receiving messages, including photos, is working. I am a Kik user and Kik does not allow me to send photos so this is a big advantage of Viber over Kik. Kudos to this one and the upcoming voice call.

However, it has its negatives too. Immediately after installing it, my 9900 became very slow. More often than not, it shows the hourglass ("clock" in BB). Sometimes, it ven makes my 9900 pause for a second or three. Opening and closing Viber is likewise very slow unlike Kik which is snappy.

Anyway, that is all for now. I will monitor battery usage too if the 9900 battery life would get worse or not.

Maybe future updates will fix this issues, if mine is not an isolated matter.

Thanks again for releasing Viber for BB.
    05-09-12 11:35 AM
    Installed on my 9900 yesterday afternoon, Manila time.

Well, sending and receiving messages, including photos, is working. I am a Kik user and Kik does not allow me to send photos so this is a big advantage of Viber over Kik. Kudos to this one and the upcoming voice call.

However, it has its negatives too. Immediately after installing it, my 9900 became very slow. More often than not, it shows the hourglass ("clock" in BB). Sometimes, it ven makes my 9900 pause for a second or three. Opening and closing Viber is likewise very slow unlike Kik which is snappy.

Anyway, that is all for now. I will monitor battery usage too if the 9900 battery life would get worse or not.

Maybe future updates will fix this issues, if mine is not an isolated matter.

Thanks again for releasing Viber for BB.

I have the same issue on my 9810. BB got slower since i installed it and freezes for a few seconds once in a while. Hope this issue gets fixed with official version.
    05-09-12 01:32 PM
    I have the same issue on my 9810. BB got slower since i installed it and freezes for a few seconds once in a while. Hope this issue gets fixed with official version.
    I just posted the same thing yesterday.
    now I'm closing the viber until we have new updates on Viber for 9810.
    05-10-12 12:32 AM
    All,

Note that 9810 is not yet officially supported by Viber. We hope to attend to testing it thoroughly on 9810 in the near future.

About the battery drain issues - the thorough testings that we've run in our labs showed no sign of significant battery drain. However, we invite you to contact our support team and let them know (with accurate results) about the problem. The more details they have, the better we'll be able to monitor the problem and hopefully resolve it: Your ticket details | Viber Support
    05-10-12 10:56 AM
    Well, good thing, I decided to wait. I was so excited to hear about the news on beta version.

I will continue to wait till official release then.

Cheers
    05-10-12 02:36 PM
634 ... 678910 ...