11-04-14 03:01 PM
634 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Till now there is nothing not even for os4.5. And you guys are asking for developing for os 10
    Better to wait till something is coming, before asking for more.

Enjoy DelftEo
    04-21-12 12:59 PM
    Be thankful they did thought of developing for this platform! Just be calm and wait for them. As I said, making software IS NOT the same as drawing things in photoshop or baking cookies. I can speak with regards to the software developer process because I am developer too and I know how it feels to make a big program.

And did you know that the app will be free, think of the efforts and funding they need to do this.
    04-21-12 08:09 PM
    @tezuka -
    We are working around the clock to complete it as soon as we can. Last minute errors and coordination with RIM must be made before the app goes officially to AppStore - this is our standard, even if delays the release.

We apologize for the delay beyond what we estimated, and will continue to keep you posted on-the-go.

Everyone -
    About VoIP: it is important for us that our fans understand that we acknowledge the craving for VoIP on BB. As I mentioned many times in the past - we are doing everything in our power to bring it to you ASAP. For now, there is not much use to bring this subject up again. We will certainly keep you posted once we have news on that.
    I will be happy to have Viber on any form at anytime on my beloved Blackberry. thank you for doing this for us and thank you for keeping us up to date. I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised with the amount of downloads you will have. tens of millions of BBry users are very hungry for solid apps like Viber and they will embrace it.
    Best of Luck
    04-22-12 08:30 PM
    Hey Viber Team,

Sure, its great you're developing a viber app for bb, especially if it's for free... i have no complaints about that. However, just a suggestion. I believe what's ticking people off is your false promises. It's great that you are giving updates BUT not updates on assumptions. Like when you announced viber beta will be available by the end of the week last week on AppWorld when clearly it wasn't doesn't quite give you the credibility.

It's nice to get people excited and interested, but if you still wanna keep people in the loop, just give updates on the important things and don't give release dates when you're not 100% sure! Just IMO.

Good luck.
    04-23-12 08:15 AM
    Hi all,
    I apologize for my delayed response:

@perking -
    At the moment we are devoting our resources to bring Viber for BB phones. It is a general plan of ours to expand to other forms of BB, such as Playbooks, but at the moment we really couldn't give you an estimate as to when this will happen. We apologize :/

@w_lred -
    Thank you for your sharing your thoughts, we have taken it into account. It is important to emphasize that we never guaranteed (per se) a date, but rather updated our fans with progress and always cared to say: "should we not encounter any unexpected obstacles", etc.

However, as I mentioned, we will know to soften our announcements in the future, and focus more on development updates, rather than dates. Thank you again!
    04-23-12 08:41 AM
    Agree with w_lred, if you are having troubles, better say "Hey, we are having some issues so we can't release it during next week as we said" than not saying anything or just let the time go by.

It is true that you never promised it will release last week, but if you give us some info should be more "effective" for us, otherwise people don't trust or don't believe what you are saying.

As you said, it is much better to explain the development updates than giving us a date if you are not 100% sure.

As allways, thanks for the feedback and keep going!

Cheers.
    04-23-12 10:25 AM
    Thank you for considering us, I'm no genius but I know that developing your app on BlackBerry isn't as easy you did on IOS and Android. The hardware and software complexity of BlackBerry as well as the of lack of resources provided are a major pain but that didn't stop your company from exerting massive force to deliver your much anticipated app. More powers and hoping to see Viber on BB10
    04-24-12 12:23 AM
    No viber in app world yet!

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 04:59 AM
    Yeah no Viber yet.

Thank you for developping this app but don't come here to tell us that the product is about to be released where it isn't true. This thread had been launched without you so why did you come here to promise something that doesn't exist ? Your company failed in its communication and you lost your entire credibilty by keeping promising something that doesn't come.

Or maybe you knew that the app wouldn't be released last week and you came here to excite future users. That's a famous trade rule : exciting future users with bull*****, making them angry and hoping that they will rush on the app when it would be released.

Pathetic...
    Last edited by tezuka; 04-24-12 at 06:03 AM.
    04-24-12 05:59 AM
    This was posted by a viber rep on a site in the comments section (April 23rd 2012). Looks positive

Viber should support all devices running OS5 and above.

About the release date - we are doing the best we can so it is ready within the next 2 weeks. We apologize for the delay, and we thank you for your patience.
    Viber for BlackBerry: Make Free calls from your Blackberry with Viber - Free Call - Download apps and save money like I call and send free SMS via Internet
    Last edited by cookie20; 04-25-12 at 06:00 AM. Reason: added date of viber comment
    04-25-12 05:57 AM
    Hi Guys,

I know that we've been facing a lot of negative press to Blackberry, but I hope this lighten things up (unless if I'm not up to date XD)

While I was browsing the Viber site, found this.

Viber for Blackberry | Viber Support

I hope it arrives this month or April XD. I assume this is for the BB Smartphones. Though I wish they made one for the Playbook XD.
    Thanks but link says I can't view the site
    04-28-12 07:54 AM
    Much better for the mods from CB to close this thread.
    It cost space and "the credibility." For other serious apps developers.
    CB is a serious website and don't need this kind off crap.
    Leave this thread for what it is and wait and see for nothing.
    This is not a blackberry app but for iphone and android like more apps.
    We have a good and stable phone and others play with there toy phone and there apps.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 04-28-12 at 11:09 PM.
    llch81 likes this.
    04-28-12 11:06 PM
    No news yet?
    05-03-12 03:03 AM
    @Biulet,

As we said, we are working around the clock in hopes to finally complete the final version as soon as possible, but in light of past experience, we wouldn't want to guarantee any dates yet.

It won't be very long now, and we will keep you posted once we have a step away from the release.
    05-04-12 03:06 AM
    This thread has 11 pages of punchlines and suspense. Maybe someone from RIM can get in on this. Alec? Complete the intrigue and add more hilarious punchlines.
    05-04-12 12:25 PM
    This thread has 11 pages of punchlines and suspense. Maybe someone from RIM can get in on this. Alec? Complete the intrigue and add more hilarious punchlines.

Seems to me that this thread... Has lost its good vibe!

YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I know that was weak. I'm not giving A-material for free!
    05-05-12 10:14 AM
    This was posted by a viber rep on a forum I frequent. Disappointing really
    The question was:
    Viber when this thing eventually comes out for Blackberry will it have phone calls? All the screenshots I have seen so far are messages only

@CantGetNoSleep -
    At this stage, Viber's messenger (text messaging) system is almost ready and working great. However, Viber's VoIP (calling) system is much trickier since there are limitations in Blackberry itself that make implementing VoIP very complex so it will probably be available only in the future.
    Viber - Page 44 - boards.ie
    05-05-12 01:26 PM
    Our main idea was to release the messaging version very soon, get user feedback and improve it, and in the meanwhile work hard on developing the VoIP option so we can bring it to our fans as soon as we can.
    05-05-12 01:48 PM
    Well prepare for lots hopefully. Because we'll be counting down the days to when the voip version comes ; Thanks Viber
    05-05-12 01:49 PM
    Seems to me that this thread... Has lost its good vibe!

YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I know that was weak. I'm not giving A-material for free!
    Revive the vibe!

Hey mine rhymes.
    05-05-12 07:33 PM
    we can bring it to our fans as soon as we can.
    How many times do you copy paste the same thing.
    Leave us bb users for what it is or bring something, but this grab we don't use here at CB.
    This forum is for serious people.
    Please.

Ps. I don't understand why the moderators here still take your post serious and don't close this thread.
    Better to move it to the "off topic" as a joke.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 05-05-12 at 10:26 PM.
    llch81 likes this.
    05-05-12 10:22 PM
    Our main idea was to release the messaging version very soon, get user feedback and improve it, and in the meanwhile work hard on developing the VoIP option so we can bring it to our fans as soon as we can.
    as soon as we can? does that mean another year? this is stupid, who would want another text app? we should close this thread once and for all...
    llch81 likes this.
    05-06-12 06:14 AM
    looks like viber is coming to bb10 http://i.imgur.com/nLxhS.png
    bobauckland and emirozmen like this.
    05-07-12 07:43 AM
    as soon as we can? does that mean another year? this is stupid, who would want another text app? we should close this thread once and for all...
    Hey mate, keep calm...we'll NEVER SEE voip working on BB...is the same drama appened with Skype "we're arriving" "coming very soon"...yes we saw Skype works on BB.

Others company are evolving, BB is becoming heavier than an elephant...!

Completely disappointed with BB.
    urrutiale likes this.
    05-07-12 02:53 PM
    VOIP IS WORKING very nice. Like mobilevoip full duplex is working very well in duplex, it depends the developer,these people from viper do nothing for blackberry, only talk bullsh*t and copy paste the same sh*t, I have voip very good working at my bb 9000 , it's not the bb it's the developer.
    Thanks viper.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 05-07-12 at 04:46 PM.
    05-07-12 04:40 PM
634 ... 56789 ...