11-04-14 04:01 PM
634 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Unfortunately, at this stage it seems like VoIP will not be included in the initial Beta version that will be released. It's important to note that implementing a VoIP (calling) system is much trickier than messaging, since there are limitations in Blackberry itself that make implementing VoIP very complex, but we're working hard these days to overcome these obstacles and complete the calling features in Viber for BB as soon as possible
    so that mean we will have to wait until 2015 to get Viber voice????
    04-18-12 08:18 AM
    Whatsapp works very well...personally I will continue to use it! I don't need another chat client...i think we will never see a VOIP on our BB, for me, time has come to change!
    04-18-12 11:32 AM
    we're working hard these days to overcome these obstacles and complete the calling features in Viber for BB as soon as possible
    Thanks again.

As they said, we had many other apps that make the same as Viber right now, so the "Key" fact for Viber is the possibility to make VoIP.

When do you think (approximately) that you will be able to add this option?

I will download the app anyway, just to give you some more feedback and to be grateful for all your effort and support to the BlackBerry Community, just for this is worth to wait for. I wish some other companys will care so much about BlackBerries as Viber do.

Keep improving! ;-)
    04-18-12 12:35 PM
    By the time it's out, BB10 will be out & everyone who would be using it will be switching to the new OS which doesn't have Viber
    I was thinking the same thing. Once BB10 comes out, does this mean it will take Viber another 12 years to come out with a BB10 app?
    emirozmen likes this.
    04-18-12 04:25 PM
    No Voip means no Viber
    04-18-12 04:51 PM
    You know, it was The 10th of November when you said it was coming soon. And for all those months you just came up with a purple Whatsapp, great work... Not
    04-18-12 04:54 PM
    Whatsapp is the best and made his name for long time, all my contacts use it.
    Why is mobilevoip (wait for there credits) working very good at all different bb's and is viper still telling use how complex it is to invert it in there app.
    I stay at my whatsapp and my msn, I even don't use my bb ping there this is also a grab, when I send a messie and have to wait till the other person received it, and wait again till they anser me.
    Whatsapp is good and quick and has voice note, so good enough.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 04-18-12 at 05:14 PM.
    04-18-12 05:07 PM
    I do appreciate Viber making the app for BlackBerries.
    Particularly because its free, so its hard to complain about it.
    Having said that, the fact that its been 'coming soon' from last June, the feedback from the teams is always vague and imprecise, and now its coming without voice means its a very very hard sell.
    Theres no reason to believe voice will come anytime this year.
    Personally I don't blame Viber, its their choice where they devote their resources.
    But I do blame RIM, that we're left begging these developers for apps other systems enjoy as a given.
    Maybe buying a company like this would make more sense than countless acquisitions of companies that may yield benefits sometime in the future.
    Upsetting.
    04-18-12 05:40 PM
    Maybe RIM is to blame if what is said about developing voip on blackberries in general is very difficult.
    04-18-12 08:50 PM
    its free, so its hard to complain about it.
    How do you know its for free ?????
    Wait and see when it come out in appworld.
    I don't spent a penny for it, I'm sorry.

Enjoy DelftEo
    04-18-12 09:30 PM
    All,

A few answers:

- Viber will *always* remain a free app, both the application itself, and the basic service (messaging and calling between all Viber users)
    - Yes, the wait for Viber for BB has been long, but you can trust that we have been doing everything in our power to bring you the finished product as soon as we could. You have to remember that BB is not the easiest platform to develop in, especially when it comes to VoIP (a project we're still working on full-force). We preferred releasing a Beta version with messaging only for our users to enjoy, take notes and provide feedback, so we could improve and adapt. Meanwhile, we're devoting loads of resources, working around the clock, to complete the VoIP part.

- Please try to focus on the bright side here - we are here on Crackberry providing a direct link to the company for our fans. As I mentioned in the past: we care about our BB users, and are doing everything in our power to bring VoIP to you.
    Last edited by Viber Team; 04-19-12 at 10:33 AM.
    04-19-12 02:16 AM
    Viber Team,

Did you think about the fact that many people (specially not from CrackBerry Nation) could download the app thinking it will have VoIP and when they see that it doesn't have (YET ) maybe they delete the app?

I know you will explain it during the "app description" in App World but I think maybe is too risky.

It is just my opinion that I want to share with you.

As always, the last paragraph of your last comment is worth to know that everybody with a BB should download the app as you take really care for BB unless all the complications that you have to implement VoIP.

Thanks and cheers!
    04-19-12 03:54 AM
    We fully understand the (much more) urgent need for VoIP on BB. We acknowledge this, and are working around the clock to offer it soon inside Viber.

We ask for your patience, and for your understanding that it is one of our biggest projects in the company these days
    Viber is singing the same old, tired song everywhere. They say just enough to keep BB users interested in their useless app. Who needs another free text messaging app? Seriously?! Bringing voip is one of your biggest project these days huh? It's been almost a year! Maybe if you had dedicated some real time to developping the app for BB, you would have been able to surpass the complexity of the BB os you whine about... Rather than working to release a million Android and iPhone versions!
    04-19-12 07:21 AM
    Viber is singing the same old, tired song everywhere. They say just enough to keep BB users interested in their useless app. Who needs another free text messaging app? Seriously?! Bringing voip is one of your biggest project these days huh? It's been almost a year! Maybe if you had dedicated some real time to developping the app for BB, you would have been able to surpass the complexity of the BB os you whine about... Rather than working to release a million Android and iPhone versions!
    Again, its free. How can we possibly tell them where to direct their resources when its not even clear how they make their money, certainly not from us as customers.
    The only people Im pissed about are RIM, they should buy a company like this and devote time to making sure that it works flawlessly on BBOS, instead of buying up other companies to make the existing apps look a little prettier while not offering features offered on other platforms as standard.
    If you want to whinge at anyone, Alec Saunders is on twitter. RIM need the blame, no one else.
    04-19-12 08:28 AM
    Why don't you make the app? You have a company that is on hear talking to BlackBerry users. There are many companies that are not even saying they will make something.

Yes there is more then on messaging app out there but as a company if they have that part ready and are still not close enough to having VOIP ready why not release the messaging part? It gets that tested so there is less to work on when they release the rest of the product. And if they have a good messaging app then maybe that will take users from others apps once the VOIP part gets added.

I really don't understand all of the attacks on developers that are trying to build for BlackBerry.

James
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    04-19-12 10:01 AM
    We must admit that we are a little confused by this aggression...

Please remember that we are a relatively young company. These days, Blackberry's market share out of the global smartphone market is certainly not the largest, and yes - that is certainly something a company must consider when it distributes its resources.

So we started with iOS and Android, but we meanwhile have committed that we will always be devoting resources for developing VoIP for BB (despite the great challenges), and will keep doing so.

These days it is the hottest project in our company (yet the most complex one). But that doesn't mean delays won't occur. We are doing everything in our power so it is ready ASAP.
    brucep1, sakin13 and nazreil25 like this.
    04-19-12 10:38 AM
    Why don't you make the app? You have a company that is on hear talking to BlackBerry users. There are many companies that are not even saying they will make something.

Yes there is more then on messaging app out there but as a company if they have that part ready and are still not close enough to having VOIP ready why not release the messaging part? It gets that tested so there is less to work on when they release the rest of the product. And if they have a good messaging app then maybe that will take users from others apps once the VOIP part gets added.

I really don't understand all of the attacks on developers that are trying to build for BlackBerry.

James
    If you think delivering a free text messaging app after almost a year is a major accomplishment, good for you. And good luck with waiting for voip from Viber. I don't think that the fact that they're working on the app for BB is reason for me not to be able to call them on their bs. They're the ones promising things they're not sure to deliver, so they exposed themselves to harsh criticism.
    04-19-12 12:21 PM
    We must admit that we are a little confused by this aggression...

Please remember that we are a relatively young company. These days, Blackberry's market share out of the global smartphone market is certainly not the largest, and yes - that is certainly something a company must consider when it distributes its resources.

So we started with iOS and Android, but we meanwhile have committed that we will always be devoting resources for developing VoIP for BB (despite the great challenges), and will keep doing so.

These days it is the hottest project in our company (yet the most complex one). But that doesn't mean delays won't occur. We are doing everything in our power so it is ready ASAP.
    Thank you for developing Viber app for BlackBerry but I have been checking every couple of days on twitter any news regarding Viber for blackberry and now after more than a year i realise that Viber, at least for now, will be ordinary cross platform massage app. you have admit that is very frustrating. I'm no developer and I have no clue if is or not difficult to develop doe BBOS but I have tray in USA and UK skype on Three UK and it working very well on 3G and Wifi. Skype have that app for couple of years now in it is full duplex (I cant understand way is not release for all blackberry user but is seam due to agreement whit network provider
    So develop VoIP for blackberry can be difficult but it can be done,
    So please please please provide us asap VoIP option for Viber blackberry and if not I am afraid that no one will use it whit msg feature only. I don't know any Android or iOS user who using Viber to send messages

Once again thank you very much for developing but please accept our frustration after all these months of waiting.

Thanks
    tezuka and emirozmen like this.
    04-20-12 05:23 AM
    Hi Viber team,

You told us last Sunday that Viber would be available on AppWorld this week. Then, where is it ?...
    04-21-12 06:48 AM
    If you think delivering a free text messaging app after almost a year is a major accomplishment, good for you. And good luck with waiting for voip from Viber. I don't think that the fact that they're working on the app for BB is reason for me not to be able to call them on their bs. They're the ones promising things they're not sure to deliver, so they exposed themselves to harsh criticism.
    Will you take it easy? You really think you are entitled to forget about manners and "harsh criticize" them just because you read this forum?
    We all want the full featured viber, If you come up with a solution let them know, otherwise stop that useless crap.
    Good answer Viber team, that is good communications from a company, do not fight back. (and please release Viber with VOIP soon ;-))
    addicted44 and Flexin like this.
    04-21-12 07:14 AM
    no voip, oh dear not much use then, took me long enough to convince people on other platforms to install whatsapp,

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-21-12 09:39 AM
    @tezuka -
    We are working around the clock to complete it as soon as we can. Last minute errors and coordination with RIM must be made before the app goes officially to AppStore - this is our standard, even if delays the release.

We apologize for the delay beyond what we estimated, and will continue to keep you posted on-the-go.

Everyone -
    About VoIP: it is important for us that our fans understand that we acknowledge the craving for VoIP on BB. As I mentioned many times in the past - we are doing everything in our power to bring it to you ASAP. For now, there is not much use to bring this subject up again. We will certainly keep you posted once we have news on that.
    sakin13 likes this.
    04-21-12 11:01 AM
    It's really sad to hear that the release date was delayed. I hope that the final stages to be completed by Sunday. Thanks Viber Team.
    04-21-12 11:20 AM
    @tezuka -
    We are working around the clock to complete it as soon as we can. Last minute errors and coordination with RIM must be made before the app goes officially to AppStore - this is our standard, even if delays the release.

We apologize for the delay beyond what we estimated, and will continue to keep you posted on-the-go.

Everyone -
    About VoIP: it is important for us that our fans understand that we acknowledge the craving for VoIP on BB. As I mentioned many times in the past - we are doing everything in our power to bring it to you ASAP. For now, there is not much use to bring this subject up again. We will certainly keep you posted once we have news on that.
    Dear Viber team,

I can partly understand the difficulty you had to face to bring VoIP function to BB. Everyone here also knows that, but we actually are frustrated at the lack of the most-expected function in your app. It leads to some negative reactions, but you should know it means we have expected your production so much.

In addition, I wanna ask you about your plan to bring Viber to BB Playbook, I think it is a more "flexible" platform, and it will be easier to you to develop. What do you think?
    04-21-12 11:29 AM
    Dear Viber team,

I can partly understand the difficulty you had to face to bring VoIP function to BB. Everyone here also knows that, but we actually are frustrated at the lack of the most-expected function in your app. It leads to some negative reactions, but you should know it means we have expected your production so much.

In addition, I wanna ask you about your plan to bring Viber to BB Playbook, I think it is a more "flexible" platform, and it will be easier to you to develop. What do you think?

It would be a great deal to start developing the app for playbook that way it would be easier to develop one for future BB10 phones since they will be based on the same platform.
    04-21-12 11:59 AM
634 ... 45678 ...