11-04-14 03:01 PM
634 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Without voip it's nothing new, it's like msn,whatsapp,ebuddy, and more like this kind of social messengers, they are all the same and plenty is available.
    Better to wait and bring something complete new at the market then a half baked cookie.
    I can wait and help to test.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 04-09-12 at 01:54 PM.
    04-08-12 07:58 PM
    Somehow hope for VoIP app that can help me connect to devices in other platforms (like Viber) is one of very few points make me still use BB now.

And now you say that we may have to wait for this function, so disappointed...
    04-09-12 09:57 AM
    Somehow hope for VoIP app that can help me connect to devices in other platforms (like Viber) is one of very few points make me still use BB now.

And now you say that we may have to wait for this function, so disappointed...
    You can't be happy that they are working on it? They are doing much more then some other companies are doing.

James
    f0xG3 likes this.
    04-09-12 07:25 PM
    Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 07:44 PM
    You can't be happy that they are working on it? They are doing much more then some other companies are doing.

James
    TRUE! Altough I think that Viber is just another app if it doesn't have the VoIP, I appreciate how they are telling us all the information about the process.

Hope they could set it soon!
    04-10-12 07:34 AM

James
    I have never had doubts about my support for RIM, but now we are isolated from other platforms because some limits come from inside RIM cause obstruction in developing applications.

They need some change, don't they ?
    04-10-12 10:07 AM
    About VoIP - we will probably be releasing this in different phases, due to the very complex nature of VoIP integration on most Blackberry devices.
    I really think that it is your cross platform VoIP capabilities what we are eager to have.
    Thanks for trying anyway
    04-10-12 11:39 AM

James
    How can you say that,? Till now they publice nothing to show what they made.
    Only telling us about what they are processing.
    I think it was better to do a closed beta and don't say nothing in public after they can bring something.
    Now CB users are desperate about it.
    Wait till they bring something and don't force these people to publice a half baked cookie.
    A whatsapp kind app what give us voip will be great if we are patience with it.
    Without voip I stay at whatsapp what for me is very good as a world traveler.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 04-11-12 at 08:17 AM.
    04-10-12 11:58 AM
    We fully understand the (much more) urgent need for VoIP on BB. We acknowledge this, and are working around the clock to offer it soon inside Viber.

We ask for your patience, and for your understanding that it is one of our biggest projects in the company these days
    evil.bunny likes this.
    04-11-12 02:24 AM
    How can you say that,? Till now they publice nothing to show what the made.
    Only telling us about what they are processing.
    I think it was better to do a close beta and don't say nothing in public after they can bring something.
    Now CB users are desperate about it.
    Wait till they bring something and don't force these people to publice a half baked cookie.
    A whatsapp kind app what give us voip will be great if we are patience with it.
    Without voip I stay at whatsapp what for me is very good as a world traveler.

Enjoy DelftEo
    It's very easy for me to say that. Things don't happen overnight. At least they are working on it. Some people begged companies to build apps for the PlayBook, some flat out said no.

You have a company that is working on a product, has someone on CB answering questions and seems to want to get a product out yesterday BUT want it to work almost perfect before hand. How can they be faulted for that?

If it comes out as just a messaging app, you can look at it as proof that they are even working on something. Why not try it old, give feedback so they can get and problems with that half out of the way. Then just sit back and wait for VOIP.

James
    04-11-12 04:07 AM
    Im so interested about this!
    04-11-12 05:22 AM
    It's very easy for me to say that. Things don't happen overnight. At least they are working on it. Some people begged companies to build apps for the PlayBook, some flat out said no.

You have a company that is working on a product, has someone on CB answering questions and seems to want to get a product out yesterday BUT want it to work almost perfect before hand. How can they be faulted for that?

If it comes out as just a messaging app, you can look at it as proof that they are even working on something. Why not try it old, give feedback so they can get and problems with that half out of the way. Then just sit back and wait for VOIP.

James
    The thing is they are announcing a BB app for almost a year. That's not "soon" and it's almost a joke. If you are not sure when you can deliver the product don't say anything.
    Mystic205 likes this.
    04-13-12 02:52 PM
    The thing is they are announcing a BB app for almost a year. That's not "soon" and it's almost a joke. If you are not sure when you can deliver the product don't say anything.
    Exactly that's what I mean, don't say anything if its not almost public or tested in closed beta.
    I test my hybrids in closed beta before I post something at CB.
    I can say bb10 os for bb9000 soon, but when ??
    ++++++

Enjoy DelftEo
    04-13-12 05:38 PM
    Exactly that's what I mean, don't say anything if its not almost public or tested in closed beta.
    I test my hybrids in closed beta before I post something at CB.
    I can say bb10 os for bb9000 soon, but when ??
    ++++++

Enjoy DelftEo
    Yes, it makes sense. To a point.

I personally think it's great that a developer or development team communicates with potential consumers, even as they work towards a finished product, while trying to stay relevant through word of mouth and periodic news updates and sometimes, engaging people on various forums. You cannot have it both ways. They stay silent and forgotten while they work towards an app or whatever, or they can try to keep people informed? They announced they were working on an app almost a year ago. We forgot about em (at least I did), and now they must think they are very close to some sort of initial release as they have been posting on some forums.
    04-13-12 05:49 PM
    Ok, but after a year bring something to the people at least a beta version, this is more like a nice advertisement for there company, other words spam, better use other ways then this.
    I'm at the list and receive nothing and till now I don't read any positive or negative post from people who get a beta, no feedback no nothing.
    if I release a beta to my beta testers they publice the ups and downs but here I read nothing.
    Better to keep it silence till you have something more then only words.
    It's not good for the credibility of this company.
    Who believe them after a year nothing then this?
    I do not, do you?

Ps. This app exist for android and iphone, so they have something real, offcourse they want to port it to blackberry what can be a hard job, but organize your public relation better to make this people happy.

Enjoy DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 04-13-12 at 09:25 PM.
    04-13-12 09:12 PM
    All,

As we explained before, the reason we show presence in Blackberry forums (and especially Crackberry) is that we want to stay connected with our users, hear their thoughts and receive feedback from them.

Yes, we are aware of the fact that the release has been delayed further than expected - and trust us, we would have wanted to make it much sooner - but we were obligated to keep standards and make sure we don't release a half-baked product.

All in all, Viber will be available for all on AppWorld extremely soon now (we are getting ready to upload the final version to AppWorld now - that's how close it is to being released).

We apologize again for the frustration in waiting for the app for so long, but we are certain that once it is out and released, we will have real, productive discussions here about the app that will help us shape it the way our users want it

Regards,
    the Viber Team.
    IchigoHD, jacknewp, Biulet and 3 others like this.
    04-15-12 02:24 AM
    Been a long time coming on this app - excited about its release on Blackberry!!
    04-15-12 11:09 AM
    By the time it's out, BB10 will be out & everyone who would be using it will be switching to the new OS which doesn't have Viber
    04-15-12 11:19 AM
    Hopefully it will be an easy upgrade to BB10 for Viber using webworks. Though I dare say that the Voip I part wont be easy to port...
    04-15-12 11:21 AM
    You'll be pleased to know that if all goes as planned, the first version of Viber will finally be available on AppWorld some time during this week
    IchigoHD, Biulet, k.kanj and 2 others like this.
    04-15-12 03:16 PM
    i use Whatsapp alot to cross platforms, Viber sounds exciting, and an app i would use..

Sent from BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-15-12 03:33 PM
    Im very exciting when heard that Viber will release on this week.
    04-16-12 09:12 AM
    You'll be pleased to know that if all goes as planned, the first version of Viber will finally be available on AppWorld some time during this week
    Thank you so much Viber Team!

Could you tell us if finally this first version will have the VoIP option or it will be a "chat messaging" as you said before?

All in all, thanks for all the information, feedback and care that you show to us!

I will download this first version as soon as it hits App World!

Cheers!
    04-18-12 04:04 AM
    Unfortunately, at this stage it seems like VoIP will not be included in the initial Beta version that will be released. It's important to note that implementing a VoIP (calling) system is much trickier than messaging, since there are limitations in Blackberry itself that make implementing VoIP very complex, but we're working hard these days to overcome these obstacles and complete the calling features in Viber for BB as soon as possible
    04-18-12 07:11 AM
    Unfortunately, at this stage it seems like VoIP will not be included in the initial Beta version that will be released. It's important to note that implementing a VoIP (calling) system is much trickier than messaging, since there are limitations in Blackberry itself that make implementing VoIP very complex, but we're working hard these days to overcome these obstacles and complete the calling features in Viber for BB as soon as possible
    we dont need other whatsapp, bbm, im+, hook messengar..... if you will not add Voip than we dont need Viber. For text we have whatsapp fail
    Last edited by pedrogari; 04-18-12 at 07:19 AM.
    04-18-12 07:16 AM
634 ... 34567 ...