11-04-14 04:01 PM
634 12345 ...
tools
    Hi all,
    I apologize for my late response.

I can confirm that this is indeed our official beta testing registration page.
    The reason it uses a different domain is that we use an external "service" for the registration and detail-management process.

Feel free to register and we'll be thrilled to hear your feedback

the Viber Team.
    03-20-12 07:32 AM
    Thanks for confirming XD.... I give thanks back hahaha

I find it heartwarming that Viber is actually working closely with BB Communities like us
    Last edited by f0xG3; 03-20-12 at 08:03 AM.
    03-20-12 07:58 AM
    Hi all,
    I apologize for my late response.

I can confirm that this is indeed our official beta testing registration page.
    The reason it uses a different domain is that we use an external "service" for the registration and detail-management process.

Feel free to register and we'll be thrilled to hear your feedback

the Viber Team.
    That is SOOOOO GREAT! Thanks!
    03-20-12 08:05 AM
    i registered from 2 days and still did not receive the app waiting for it to test it
    03-20-12 01:08 PM
    Please note that this is the private beta testing phase, meant to merely optimize the public version that will hopefully soon be released.
    03-21-12 05:31 AM
    Folks,

Beta started...!!!! Finally.
    it's a BBM connected app :-) nice.
    However, at the moment only texting is available with voice calls to be added soon
    Last edited by sgavra; 03-21-12 at 03:02 PM.
    evil.bunny and iThamerBB like this.
    03-21-12 02:53 PM
    I registered but haven't got a link hope I didn't muck up something
    03-21-12 05:53 PM
    It appears that not everyone received a beta notification as of yet. My assumption is that they're going chronologically. I got it for both my 9860 and my 9780. My son got it for his 9800, and my spouse got it for her 9780 as well, but we all signed up among the first.

I tried sending the link to a friend who also signed up for the beta but didn't get the link and he got a pop up stating this is a limited and closed beta.
    I think you will all get the link within the next hours/days.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sgavra; 03-21-12 at 06:45 PM.
    03-21-12 06:43 PM
    Still waiting for my link . I got the registration message yesterday
    03-21-12 07:18 PM
    disappointed it seems an ordinary messaging app for the moment
    03-21-12 08:53 PM
    disappointed it seems an ordinary messaging app for the moment
    I hope that the next wave of Beta has call already... Still being hopeful.
    03-21-12 09:23 PM
    Also waiting for my link. Hope I get one soon even if I'm on OS5 still.
    cranky_berry likes this.
    03-21-12 10:09 PM
    OS5.0 shouldn't be an issue as far as I understand.
    They do state in the mail I received voice calls will be coming soon. Also that the link is addressed solely to the receiver and sharing it with friends will not grant them access.
    I'm anxious to see how voice calls will function. In the meantime, it is as stated above, just a another regular messaging app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    evil.bunny likes this.
    03-22-12 03:58 AM
    This is just the beginnig of Viber for BlackBerry!!! I'm happy to see that!!!

Just wait for them to release it properly (not as beta) and I'm sure the Viber Calls with work perfect with our BlackBerries!!!

Thanks again Viber Team!
    03-22-12 04:36 AM
    All,

We are very happy to see the excitement in the air for the first private release of the beta. We share this excitement, make no mistake!

Currently, only the first group of subscribers received the app itself. We made it private and rather exclusive so we can keep track of the statistics, see that everything works as planned, etc.
    Note that the registration to our beta was huge in numbers, so it might be a little while before more of you get the beta. However, also note that it shouldn't be long before the beta is simply released publicly, so even if you don't receive it privately, don't worry

Yes, for now it contains messaging only. We preferred releasing it that way before voice is ready, but as we promised - we are working day and night to complete our VoIP service as well.
    evil.bunny and Delil like this.
    03-22-12 11:25 AM
    Waiting for a great app for our blackberry I will thank you guys for the great work, if you need more beta testers I am a die hard bb user and subscribed already.
    Hope this app will work full for os5 users, it can be, because voip full over 3G and wifi are working fine.
    Waiting for this great app.

Enjoy DelftEo
    03-23-12 06:01 PM
    Any news about it Viber Team?

Thanks!
    03-27-12 10:54 AM
    Had a message from them on another board that mentioned end of this month. Sounds legit.

"Hi,
    This is a member of the Viber Development Team!

You will be pleased to know that Viber for Blackberry is just around the corner now.
    We are in the last days of beta testing, and presently compiling reviews from our beta testers. We hope to close this stage by the end of this month, and then finally release Viber for BlackBerry [beta] to AppWorld for all to download.

We will be announcing its publication, system req. and more, at that time.

Thank you,
    Viber Team"
    03-27-12 01:08 PM
    Thanks for the answer Oniberry! ;-)
    03-28-12 04:13 AM
    Yep, that was us.

However, please note that we said that the *best testing* phase will (hopefully) be finished by the end of the month. We then plan to add some final adjustments, and send it for RIM's review. After their review and approval, we hope to release the app at last
    Last edited by Viber Team; 03-28-12 at 06:53 AM.
    Biulet and llch81 like this.
    03-28-12 06:51 AM
    I just wish that this gets delivered soonest... With the VoIP part of course
    03-28-12 09:54 AM
    So awesome. I hope to use it.
    03-29-12 10:42 AM
    Come on Viber Team! Keep going :-)

We are hesitating the app!!!

Cheers! ;-)
    03-30-12 03:43 AM
    Will this VOIP app be full duplex?
    03-30-12 04:01 AM
    there are already full duplex VOIP apps for the blackberry, one I have been using for a short while is MobileVOIP, available in appworld... i use it to call UK from USA, and have used in in the Caribbean to call both USA and UK all over wifi and very very low costs.

Will this VOIP app be full duplex?
    03-30-12 09:41 AM
634 12345 ...