11-04-14 03:01 PM
634 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    The best part is they didn't even have th decency to come on here and admit their months of lies and deception.
    They just went awol and spread the news elsewhere.

Would you ever trust this sort of disreputable company with your info? I wouldn't.

Posted via CB10
    How do you know it was lies and deception? It is situations like these that really crack me up about the BlackBerry fan community.

Months ago, Viber said they would bring their app to BlackBerry 10. Eventually, Viber realized how badly BlackBerry 10 is selling. Viber wanted to support BB10, but changed its mind and decided not to support BB10 after learning how badly it has sold. - A portion of the BlackBerry fan community labels them as liars and deceivers.

Months ago, TH got on the news and promised a BB10 update for the PlayBook. In an interview, he straight up said "we will be updating all BlackBerry PlayBooks to BlackBerry 10". Eventually, TH realized that BB10 is a resource hog, something many a CrackBerry user knew long before TH announced BB10 for PlayBook. TH wanted to bring BB10 to the PlayBook, but changed his mind once he realized how badly BB10 performs with only 1gb of ram. - A portion of the BlackBerry fan community labels TH as an OK guy who tried his best to bring BB10 to the PlayBook.

It just cracks me up. Back when Viber announced their app, everything was still rosey with BlackBerry 10. We kept hearing things like "best product launch in our history" "fast selling electronic product in Selfridge's history" "we expect to ship tens of millions of units" and yada yada yada.

It was only months after Viber announced the app that we really saw the truth. The truth was after all of those statements, legacy BlackBerry devices were outselling BlackBerry 10 smartphones by a healthy margin and BlackBerry's "best phone launch ever" cost them almost a billion dollars in unsold inventory. BB10 is a dud, people aren't buying it. Why would a developer support a platform that doesn't have very many users?

Seems like it might be Viber who was lied to and deceived.
    10-15-13 07:56 AM
    How do you know it was lies and deception? It is situations like these that really crack me up about the BlackBerry fan community.

Months ago, Viber said they would bring their app to BlackBerry 10. Eventually, Viber realized how badly BlackBerry 10 is selling. Viber wanted to support BB10, but changed its mind and decided not to support BB10 after learning how badly it has sold. - A portion of the BlackBerry fan community labels them as liars and deceivers.

Months ago, TH got on the news and promised a BB10 update for the PlayBook. In an interview, he straight up said "we will be updating all BlackBerry PlayBooks to BlackBerry 10". Eventually, TH realized that BB10 is a resource hog, something many a CrackBerry user knew long before TH announced BB10 for PlayBook. TH wanted to bring BB10 to the PlayBook, but changed his mind once he realized how badly BB10 performs with only 1gb of ram. - A portion of the BlackBerry fan community labels TH as an OK guy who tried his best to bring BB10 to the PlayBook.

It just cracks me up. Back when Viber announced their app, everything was still rosey with BlackBerry 10. We kept hearing things like "best product launch in our history" "fast selling electronic product in Selfridge's history" "we expect to ship tens of millions of units" and yada yada yada.

It was only months after Viber announced the app that we really saw the truth. The truth was after all of those statements, legacy BlackBerry devices were outselling BlackBerry 10 smartphones by a healthy margin and BlackBerry's "best phone launch ever" cost them almost a billion dollars in unsold inventory. BB10 is a dud, people aren't buying it. Why would a developer support a platform that doesn't have very many users?

Viber for BB10 has been develop several months ago thay was waiting BlackBerry to release 10.2
    Viber was committed until 1st of October after that Viber team representative stopped with replays on the forum and that was just after jam conference when no Viber was mentioned behalf of BlackBerry.
    Maybe Viber didn't get promised cash for the development, or thay wasn't allowed to gat headless app status or Microsoft paid them to not release it .

Viber Not Coming Soon  *updated*-img_20131491.png

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 08:34 AM
    Maybe Viber didn't get promised cash for the development, or thay wasn't allowed to gat headless app status or Microsoft paid them to not release it .

Posted via CB10
    Or maybe BlackBerry 10 simply hasn't gained enough traction to make supporting it worth their trouble. Like Viber has said.

Developing an app is only part of the work, maintaining it, releasing updates and answering user questions adds up to a lot of work over time. Believe me, I know. I pulled all of my BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook apps out of BlackBerry World because I didn't want to continue investing my time into dealing with them when the Android version of the same apps have tens of thousands of more users than the BB10 version.

If the return on investment isn't there, then you're just wasting your time. I find it easy to believe that BlackBerry 10's market share is too blame here.
    richardat, JasW, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    10-15-13 09:00 AM
    Eventually, TH realized that BB10 is a resource hog, something many a CrackBerry user knew long before TH announced BB10 for PlayBook. TH wanted to bring BB10 to the PlayBook, but changed his mind once he realized how badly BB10 performs with only 1gb of ram.
    Though I agree with your point about the crazy fanbase here actually this is pure speculation on your part, nothing else and unlikely to be true. And even if in its current form it might need more than 1GB there's nothing that wouldn't allow BB to tame 10.x for the PB - it's just TH, after seeing horrible attach rates, (correctly, I must add) decided he should not waste a dime more on an already dead product as it wouldn't generate jack**** in terms of new revenue so he halted the effort and moved the engineers to other, meaningful projects (eg 10.3 etc). He did what a chief executive should do, period.
    10-15-13 09:08 AM
    Or maybe BlackBerry 10 simply hasn't gained enough traction to make supporting it worth their trouble. Like Viber has said.

Developing an app is only part of the work, maintaining it, releasing updates and answering user questions adds up to a lot of work over time. Believe me, I know. I pulled all of my BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook apps out of BlackBerry World because I didn't want to continue investing my time into dealing with them when the Android version of the same apps have tens of thousands of more users than the BB10 version.

If the return on investment isn't there, then you're just wasting your time. I find it easy to believe that BlackBerry 10's market share is too blame here.
    But if all take same approach as you than we can't expect any new app and all that are already available should be pulled out (WhatsApp, We chat, Bloomberg, NYT, The Guardian, soundHound...,

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:11 AM
    Ladies and Gentlemen - The more you lash out at Viber, the more you make them feel they're indispensable... Come on, move on... BBM is just around the corner and it will be a one-stop-shop.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:21 AM
    Though I agree with your point about the crazy fanbase here actually this is pure speculation on your part, nothing else and unlikely to be true. And even if in its current form it might need more than 1GB there's nothing that wouldn't allow BB to tame 10.x for the PB - it's just TH, after seeing horrible attach rates, (correctly, I must add) decided he should not waste a dime more on an already dead product as it wouldn't generate jack**** in terms of new revenue so he halted the effort and moved the engineers to other, meaningful projects (eg 10.3 etc). He did what a chief executive should do, period.
    I never said it was or wasn't true. I am posting what each party said. TH said that BB10 wouldn't come to PlayBook because of performance concerns. Viber said that their app wasn't coming to BB10 because of how small BB10's market share is. Both of those are the excuses that were given.

See you're speculating. You're speculating that BlackBerry could have made BB10 work on the PlayBooks hardware, but didn't want to spend the money. That is speculation. All I posted was TH's official excuse.
    10-15-13 09:26 AM
    But if all take same approach as you than we can't expect any new app and all that are already available should be pulled out (WhatsApp, We chat, Bloomberg, NYT, The Guardian, soundHound...,

Posted via CB10
    Not every developer's situation will be the same. Just because I wasn't seeing a ROI of my time spent on developing for BB10 doesn't mean everyone's experience will be the same. All I was saying is I can see how it would be possible for a developer to look at BB10's market share and change their mind about building an app for the platform.
    10-15-13 09:33 AM
    I love the way TH and Blackberry team let me know what "soon" really means in their dictionary.

I personally think they should put that phrase into their company name because it made the unique reputation for them. "Blackberrycomingsoon" sounds good.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:35 AM
    I never said it was or wasn't true. I am posting what each party said. TH said that BB10 wouldn't come to PlayBook because of performance concerns. Viber said that their app wasn't coming to BB10 because of how small BB10's market share is. Both of those are the excuses that were given.

See you're speculating. You're speculating that BlackBerry could have made BB10 work on the PlayBooks hardware, but didn't want to spend the money. That is speculation. All I posted was TH's official excuse.
    I didn't see or heard any Viber statement regarding not releasing BB10 due to the small user base, thay only tweeted that will not be release no other explanation.
    If I'm wrong please share where you reed it.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:38 AM

If thay had app ready instead not releasing it thay should make it as pay app. I would pay 5 euro to have native Viber for BB10 same I paid for Blaq, Hub++, and many others.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 09:49 AM
    Updated title so those not familiar with the thread can see
    10-15-13 09:52 AM
    Updated title so those not familiar with the thread can see
    I think you should update it again. Viber for Android coming soon and Native Viber when BlackBerry decide

Here is a tweet from Viber CEO
    Viber Not Coming Soon  *updated*-img_20131493.png

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:54 AM
    So he is pointing at BB for no native? Interesting. They have/had an account here, something posted here to engage the fan base would be excellent. Let them have a direct voice here
    10-15-13 10:57 AM
    At least the Android app is any consolation! They should have done this AGES ago!!
    10-15-13 11:01 AM
    I think you should update it again. Viber for Android coming soon and Native Viber when BlackBerry decide

Here is a tweet from Viber CEO
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131493.png 
Views:	1316 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	210744

Posted via CB10
    How can you know it comes "soon"?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 11:37 AM
    Eehm.. internal attention?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 11:42 AM
    what does the term internal attention even mean?
    10-15-13 11:51 AM
    when 10.4 drop Viber will come. they want to make sure its futureproof so 10.2 is not a good option. it will come soon
    That is an idiotic statement to make.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-15-13 11:55 AM
    I would wager it means having dedicated people available to work on (and maintain) the app (working out bugs, glitches etc)

Sent from my Nexus 4 now Free
    10-15-13 12:31 PM

If it cracks you up that's great, personally I agree with most of your points but disagree with you here.
    I also think TH is a grade a liar, and I've said as much. There's no way he didn't know bb10 wasn't coming to the playbook towards the end.

But viber was here bull****ting. Our app is round the corner. We're working day and night. It's all ready, and it's just waiting for 10.2. It's coming real soon. They did the same with legacy, and they just flat out lie about when they're bring their app, or why they've chosen not to.

I don't absolve BlackBerry of blame for their failures. Nor do I absolve devs like this. Seems fair.

Posted via CB10
    Killington likes this.
    10-15-13 12:46 PM
    I would wager it means having dedicated people available to work on (and maintain) the app (working out bugs, glitches etc)

That seems like a very plausible translation.

Another translation: we aren't worried about recovering already sunk costs from BB development, but every resource we devote to BB10 means lost revenue we could have gained had those resources been assigned to other projects.

The fact is, BB10's return potential is a tiny fraction of what's available on other platforms.
    10-15-13 02:47 PM

That seems like a very plausible translation.

Another translation: we aren't worried about recovering already sunk costs from BB development, but every resource we devote to BB10 means lost revenue we could have gained had those resources been assigned to other projects.

The fact is, BB10's return potential is a tiny fraction of what's available on other platforms.
    Or could just and also mean, no one in the team cares enough to work on it.

Meaning the project is pinned on the board but they're somehow blind to it.
    10-15-13 06:30 PM
    Viber is by the way too little too late! (god! That feels good !!! I understand the bandwagon that plays on Blackberry's issues suddenly ! )
    BBM is far more better, once it goes crossplatform i'll ditch Whatsapp (very friendly even if security is very bad!).
    BBM forever!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:03 PM
    Viber is by the way too little too late! (god! That feels good !!! I understand the bandwagon that plays on Blackberry's issues suddenly ! )
    BBM is far more better, once it goes crossplatform i'll ditch Whatsapp (very friendly even if security is very bad!).
    BBM forever!

Posted via CB10
    So Viber is "too late" because cross platform BBM, an app that will be introduced much later than Viber, will be "coming soon"?
    bobauckland likes this.
    10-15-13 08:01 PM
634 ... 2021222324 ...