11-04-14 03:01 PM
634 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I've been reading these threads about Viber coming 'soon'.....It has been easily close to 7 months. When the Viber rep says soon, s/he leaves a lot to be desired.

Make a voice feature beta, roll it out and read the feedback of the CB nation, and act accordingly. Then again you folks might act 'soon', so I'll just wait it out.
    Easy there where's your voip that you can build in 3 months.Just be cool it will get here when it gets here.Viber can take their time until they feel its up to standard.

People ask for apps to be quickly made then ***** its not done properly errors ,etc if you guys just be cool and wait it will be good for everyone.

If you tired of BB ''coming soon'' you can always find something different.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 05-07-13 at 05:09 PM.
    04-26-13 05:04 AM
    Thank you viber for the link. I installed it today and it works fine. But when I recieve a phone call when my phone is locked, it just vibrates. I can't see who is calling, unless I unlock my phone first. I also can't answer the call by pressing the answer button, I would again have to unlock the phone first.

Another thing that I hoped to be fixed in this update, is that the font size is still too big (at least on the 9360). I wish there was a way to adjust font size.

But over all great job!
    04-26-13 05:26 PM
    Keep plugging guys....thanks for your support. I don't use Voip but I'll be purchasing this app because of your efforts.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:20 PM
    Skype is there... hope Viber will come soon too!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:47 AM
    @dibbis -
    Thanks for the feedback.
    About the font size - we are considering to add this option in the future. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

About the problem with the calls that you reported:

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance

@Stephen Cooper -
    Thank you for the kind words. Just a slight correction: Viber is absolutely free, so no need to purchase Simply download and install.
    Tommy legend likes this.
    04-27-13 08:37 AM
    Just curious. I don't want to be in polite, but didn't you say it will come in April? Just curious

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 05:35 PM
    Just curious. I don't want to be in polite, but didn't you say it will come in April? Just curious

Posted via CB10
    No older models was getting voice update

Posted via my boss z10
    04-27-13 05:55 PM
    They said the legacy devices will get voice support in April.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 01:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    As they answered above, we promised older BB devices will get the update on April.

Our BB10 app is currently in advanced levels of development and testing, and we hope to bring you news soon. Note that the wait for our BB10 app will not be nearly as long as the wait for the update for the current version had been.
    arfin, Smartie020 and Tommy legend like this.
    04-28-13 03:01 AM
    Would love to beta test. Always on latest OS available Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.1483...

Thanks.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-28-13 03:09 AM
    Hi there Viber team,
    Just a question (you may have answered it, I tried to look but I couldn't find if you had or hadn't)
    I've got the beta on my 9900, and so far are the calls feature only available over wifi, or can you also make calls over 3G somehow? Because I have read some people saying that you can do it over 3G and not just wifi. Much appreciated if you could reply.
    Thanks!
    04-28-13 04:17 AM
    To be able to make calls over mobile network you need to adjust APN settings
    Options-device-advance settings-TCP IP
    And there you need to puts your network provider data (I'm sure you can find it on Google)

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 04:32 AM
    Okay thanks for your reply Pedrogari, well I'm on O2 UK, I googled it and theres lots of different ones to put APN and different passwords.
    Does it cost me or anything? I'm not sure how to do all this stuff. Thanks though
    04-28-13 04:46 AM
    I really don't know which are correct O2 settings.
    They could charge you extra for it. Try to contact them and ask if you data plan include also data trough APN

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 04:55 AM
    Okay thanks for your reply Pedrogari, well I'm on O2 UK, I googled it and theres lots of different ones to put APN and different passwords.
    Does it cost me or anything? I'm not sure how to do all this stuff. Thanks though
    If your with the o2 network either call 151 free from your o2 phone, or you can go into the o2 store as they have mobile gurus they help on everything,even if you think the questions are dumb and self explanatory.
    You could even try and be sneaky and request a brand spanking new Q10 which is out tomorrow

Posted via my boss z10
    pedrogari likes this.
    04-28-13 05:22 AM
    Thanks guys!!! Y'all helped a lot! I'll probably go in and ask them.
    And Tommy, I'm waiting for a BB10 device so I might just try that
    Tommy legend likes this.
    04-28-13 05:48 AM
    Hi there Viber team,
    Just a question (you may have answered it, I tried to look but I couldn't find if you had or hadn't)
    I've got the beta on my 9900, and so far are the calls feature only available over wifi, or can you also make calls over 3G somehow? Because I have read some people saying that you can do it over 3G and not just wifi. Much appreciated if you could reply.
    Thanks!
    As explained above, a possible source of the problem: please make sure your cellular data APN settings were set correctly.
    The APN settings should be provided by your carrier, and you should contact them for more info on this.

When you have the APN settings info, in order to change the APN setting you should do the following:

On OS 7 -
    1 - Go to 'Options' -> 'Device' - > 'Advanced System Settings' -> 'TCP IP'
    2 - Enter your carrier's APN settings
    3 - Save changes

On OS 5 -
    1 - Go to 'Options' -> 'Advanced Options' - > 'TCP/IP'
    2 - Enter your carrier's APN settings
    3 - Save changes
    04-28-13 03:08 PM
    Right now, I'm loving the Windows Desktop Version of Viber with the Video(Beta) in it.
    Viber likes this.
    05-07-13 08:39 AM
    @viber I just update Viber for Android to the version 3.0 I'm impressed whit new UI and features and the possibility to see if someone is online or the last connection same as WhatsApp
    I Also notice that this feature work only for Android and iOS contacts and I'm not sure if it work for windows, definitely it is not showing anything on my BlackBerry contacts.
    Are you working on same features for existing app for BBOS and will this be also implemented on lunch in your bb10 app which I heard it is in final stages

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pedrogari; 05-07-13 at 05:03 PM. Reason: gramatical error's
    05-07-13 04:49 PM
    @pedrogari -

Yep, our plan is to bring these new features to BBOS (including OS10) in future updates of ours.
    We recommend that you stay tuned for news and updates
    05-08-13 10:21 AM
    This thread was stated March 1st. Coming soon seems a little off.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    bobauckland, Affie36 and SkyJiBi like this.
    05-09-13 01:22 PM
    They already released a Beta for older OS that works really well.

BB10 is on the way too. I'm confident they will release it really soon.

Posted via CB10 / Z10
    05-09-13 02:54 PM

Tim
    March 1st. Last year.

But, patience, I'm told, is a virtue. Staying tuned.
    05-09-13 06:49 PM

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    We're working as fast as we can.
    We want to make sure that we release a fully working product. We apologize for the wait.
    arfin likes this.
    05-10-13 02:33 PM
    450th commenter

Posted via CB10
    Viber likes this.
    05-20-13 10:58 PM
634 ... 1617181920 ...