11-04-14 03:01 PM
634 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    The fact that we're not publishing a specific release date for BB10 does not mean we are "taking our time" developing it.
    As a policy, we prefer not to announce estimated release dates so if unexpected delays occur, we wouldn't disappoint our fans.

Believe us - we're working around the clock to develop and test Viber for BB10. Naturally, it is also our interest to release it as soon as possible, but we have to make sure we release a smoothly working product
    I just tried the newly released WP8 version of Viber on a Lumia 920 - it's phantastic. Sound quality is outstanding, and messages get delivered very fast. I hope for a BB10 version with comparable functionality/quality to be released soon......
    04-02-13 12:51 PM
    I just tried the newly released WP8 version of Viber on a Lumia 920 - it's phantastic. Sound quality is outstanding, and messages get delivered very fast. I hope for a BB10 version with comparable functionality/quality to be released soon......
    Not gona happen anytime soon I'm afraid to say

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 01:24 PM
    Viber Team

We still waiting you answer regarding exact date of new version release. Do we have to wait until 30/04????
    04-03-13 05:54 AM
    @pedrogari -

We have responded to this request many times in the past, and unfortunately there is no change
    We try to avoid publishing release dates, since, as you probably know, in the technological world release dates tend to be delayed due to unexpected delays.

We guaranteed April, and so it will be. It is our wish to release it as soon as we can during April, but this will happen only after our thorough testings proved positive.

As for BB10, again, as we explained - we still don't have estimated release dates, but know that the wait for our BB10 app will *not* be anywhere near the long wait for the upcoming BB update. When we have news - we'll share them, as usual.
    04-03-13 11:08 AM
    I, for one, would prefer an app that's polished up and lacking in show stoppers.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 12:24 PM
    Viber Team

We still waiting you answer regarding exact date of new version release. Do we have to wait until 30/04????
    Someone should read "How to Win friends and influence people "....

Posted via CB10
    northernrds likes this.
    04-03-13 02:11 PM
    Viber is a coming soon app, just as Skype and Instagram are. As long as they are coming soon apps, there's never gonna be a release date. Come to think of it, any update, app or game you think going to come to BB10 or Playbook are categories as coming soon. Trust me, if it appears, you won't miss it. Kind of like a subway train, it won't get off the rail and approach from no where.
    04-03-13 06:40 PM
    Yeah hoping to get viber soon. Until then it's iPad and Skype.
    04-04-13 11:58 AM
    I'm already using it intensively for chat purposes with people abroad.

Some things I'm missing are:
    1. Timestamps, as in when did the other person sent their message and when did I.
    2. Being able to change notifications.
    3. Being able to see a contacts photo in the original size instead of just seeing a thumbnail next to their name.
    4. Status updates
    Last edited by Delil; 04-05-13 at 05:26 AM. Reason: typo
    04-05-13 05:25 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great news!!! This month will see some major new big name apps coming to BlackBerry Z10!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 05:40 AM
    @Delil -

Thank you for your feedback and interest. Regarding your suggestions/requests:

1. Planned.
    2. Under development at the moment.
    3. We'll look into this option. Thank you.
    4. We've considered this in the past it never ended up being developed.

We invite you to enter our Feature Request page and post your suggestion there, or join an existing similar suggestion (it's very easy and quick!). The more people join on a request, the faster it will become reality

You can find it here: Have an idea for a new feature?
    northernrds likes this.
    04-05-13 08:44 AM
    Viber, can you post a teaser video of what Viber will look like on the Z10/Q10 just like you did for the voice calling feature on BB7 phones?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:14 AM
    Viber, can you post a teaser video of what Viber will look like on the Z10/Q10 just like you did for the voice calling feature on BB7 phones?

Posted via CB10
    Nice idea. We'll definitely consider it
    BBPandy, Alex_Hong and gusanbage like this.
    04-05-13 10:33 AM
    I'm getting rid of my legacy BB as soon as the Q10 comes out. I would like to see Viber voice come to BB B4 that (as my parents both also use Viber & it would be easier for me to help them, if I've seen it B4.

speaking of which......any updates on Viber for BB10?
    04-09-13 12:41 AM
    Still working on it.
    We are doing our best to have it ready as soon as possible. Our update (with calls) for the current BB devices will be released sooner.
    04-09-13 04:16 AM
    Still working on it.
    We are doing our best to have it ready as soon as possible. Our update (with calls) for the current BB devices will be released sooner.
    Thats good news. Hopefully the version for the Z10 isnt far behind
    04-09-13 05:42 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Excellent!!!! Can't wait

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:26 AM
    Great news!!! This month will see some major new big name apps coming to BlackBerry Z10!!!

Posted via CB10
    Do you know this for certain? If so, that's great! Which apps are they?
    04-09-13 06:39 AM
    Still working on it.
    I get that it is currently more important to cater to the much larger installed base of BBOS 5-7 devices out there in the world while BlackBerry 10 grows its customer base and thus your potential customer base on the platform. But, you guys really need to change your mindset about BlackBerry devices as the Z10 and the Q10 are the CURRENT devices and everything else at this point is legacy. BlackBerry 10 is the current platform and the future Platform.
    04-09-13 06:46 AM
    @SuperionMaximus -

Thank you for your feedback.
    I apologize for my phrasing, it might have been misinterpreted - when I wrote "current", i meant the "the devices which Viber currently supports".

We are well aware that BB10 is the star in the Blackberry sky. Our development efforts on BB and BB10 are actually parallel. We devote many resources in both projects, and we will have Viber for both released. It's not that we think less of BB10, and that's why it's released later. The reason Viber for BB10 is released later, is simply because it came out to the market later
    portal and Austin Cao like this.
    04-09-13 07:58 AM
    I just think it is cool that an actual Viber rep is posting in the forums and spending time answering questions, daily

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 02:41 PM
    Ya, Good job Viber! I'll wait for your BB10 app.

I just think it is cool that an actual Viber rep is posting in the forums and spending time answering questions, daily

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:41 PM
    Non BB10 users can now download the Beta version...

But now that I have the Z10 I have to wait again for the BB10 version...

Waiting for more than a year... bought the last flagship Blackberry and now I'll have to wait again...

Anyway, thanks for your feedback Viber team.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:35 AM
    Lucky OS7 and 5 users.
    Hope its worth the wait.
    Great job with the feedback Viber team.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:11 AM
    @SuperionMaximus -

Thank you for your feedback.
    I apologize for my phrasing, it might have been misinterpreted - when I wrote "current", i meant the "the devices which Viber currently supports".

We are well aware that BB10 is the star in the Blackberry sky. Our development efforts on BB and BB10 are actually parallel. We devote many resources in both projects, and we will have Viber for both released. It's not that we think less of BB10, and that's why it's released later. The reason Viber for BB10 is released later, is simply because it came out to the market later
    It is awesome developers like you guys that will make the BlackBerry 10 star shine! Thanks for supporting both BlackBerry Platforms and for the fantastic services you offer to us.
    04-10-13 11:26 AM
634 ... 1415161718 ...