11-04-14 03:01 PM
634 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    hmm this is an almost 7month old thread with Viber VOIP "coming soon"
    .........That being said, I'm still sticking around
    09-29-12 05:18 PM
    let's get this os 7.1 out the way first before we jump into the other os bb10
    10-05-12 08:26 AM
    Dear ViberTeam,

Any news? Your last post is 09-29. Could you tell us any news about the VOIP project?

Thanks.

Cheers from Barcelona! ;-)
    10-09-12 06:11 AM
    Dear ViberTeam,

Any news? Your last post is 09-29. Could you tell us any news about the VOIP project?

Thanks.

Let me save them the trouble and answer for them....

Viber will be coming out very shortly. Our team is working around the clock to make this happen. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your continued patience.

Viber Team
    aniym likes this.
    10-09-12 01:26 PM

Viber will be coming out very shortly. Our team is working around the clock to make this happen. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your continued patience.

Viber Team
    lol sounds about right
    10-09-12 10:35 PM
    lol w_lred seems you are even working on this app harder than them cause they have never mentioned the term "very shortly" in any of their posts so please keep up the good work
    10-10-12 12:19 AM
    Thanks, bud. Cuz I thought hey, if they're not gonna do anything about it then I might as well take this matter into my own hands.... Now, does anyone have Programming For Dummies? Don't worry... I'll still finish the app before they do.
    10-10-12 02:58 AM

Viber Team
    Thanks for your answer w_Ired!

I just want to keep the tracking status of the app, I'm waiting for it like a child!!!

Last edited by Biulet; 10-10-12 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Quote the answer
    10-10-12 03:22 AM
    I keep Viber running in the background, but what I don't understand is that I sometimes only recieve a message when I actually go to the app. I thought that to let it run on the background would push the message automatically. Now I sometimes see my important messages too late .

Any suggestions would be to be able to send videos and music.
    10-10-12 06:17 AM
    @dibbis -
    Thanks for your report.
    Please use this direct link in order to report the details to our Support Team. They will try to assist you further

Your ticket details | Viber Support
    10-10-12 10:09 AM
    Thank you I just did :-).
    10-11-12 04:01 AM
    Dear Viber Team

Do you have any news when we can expect VoIP version
    10-25-12 06:59 AM
    Come on w_Ired we are all waiting for ypur feedback
    10-26-12 10:51 AM
    Unfortunately still no concrete news and release dates.

We're still working around the clock, developing and testing the calling feature on a variety of BB devices and OS versions. Once we have news, we promise to fill you in
    10-26-12 11:17 AM
    Unfortunately still no concrete news and release dates.

We're still working around the clock, developing and testing the calling feature on a variety of BB devices and OS versions. Once we have news, we promise to fill you in
    So you are testing it....does that mean that we may be atleast seeing a beta soon?

I'm sure you will find lots of people around here willing to help out with the testing
    10-26-12 02:09 PM
    Development and testing go hand in hand - you constantly need to test new builds that you generate in order to know where the development should proceed

We are not sure we will have a Beta phase for our calling update, but if we do - certainly, we'll let you know.
    sf49ers and AT_Nepal like this.
    10-27-12 06:13 AM
    Development and testing go hand in hand - you constantly need to test new builds that you generate in order to know where the development should proceed

We are not sure we will have a Beta phase for our calling update, but if we do - certainly, we'll let you know.
    Are you guys working on a Viber app for BB10 as well?
    10-27-12 09:52 AM
    Are you guys working on a Viber app for BB10 as well?
    Viber for BB10 is on our road map of development, but we still don't have any time frames of specific release dates. When we have news, we'll publish it officially.
    10-28-12 04:51 AM
    Viber for BB10 is on our road map of development, but we still don't have any time frames of specific release dates. When we have news, we'll publish it officially.
    At the rate of development for this app you may want to just work on BB10 now and be ready for BB10's release. Probably more VoIP friendly than BBOS7 too.
    10-28-12 07:51 PM
    At the rate of development for this app you may want to just work on BB10 now and be ready for BB10's release. Probably more VoIP friendly than BBOS7 too.
    Well,
    Since Viber is getting more and more popular on the "older" versions of BB OS, we hope to bring the VoIP services to both those versions, and the new BB10. We are working on both projects in parallel, and we will try our best to introduce VoIP on both as soon as we can.
    svelt likes this.
    10-30-12 12:15 PM
    Well,
    Since Viber is getting more and more popular on the "older" versions of BB OS, we hope to bring the VoIP services to both those versions, and the new BB10. We are working on both projects in parallel, and we will try our best to introduce VoIP on both as soon as we can.
    That's good to hear. Everyone is too busy complaining about the timelines but I am now just content to know that there will be support from Viber for both BBOS and BB10 and will wait patiently for it. Still, it's hard to justify currently downloading Viber without VOIP support for the time being to differentiate it, with the huge pleothora of messaging apps available (WhatsApp in particular, along with Line, BBM, SMS, etc.).
    10-30-12 05:25 PM
    Note that what we wrote was that it is being examined and assessed these days - we still don't have any official announcements on VoIP for Blackberry, on neither OS versions. We still wouldn't want to guarantee anything since we have yet to thoroughly test the VoIP feature on all BB OS versions and confirm that it is even technologically feasible.

We hope to have official news soon, and then we'll share them with our users
    10-31-12 03:46 AM
    Dear Viber,
    I didn't completely understand your last post. Are you telling that you still don't know if will be even technologically possible to offer Viber VoIP on BBOS?
    If that so I'm afraid the will be long long wait, if we ever get it it will happens sometimes in far future
    Hoping I'm wrong
    Last edited by pedrogari; 10-31-12 at 07:13 AM.
    10-31-12 05:56 AM
    @pedrogari -

To clarify: it is looking very positive at the moment for the great majority of Blackberry OS versions - so there shouldn't be any problem and we are continuing our development around the clock. All I said was that for very specific OS versions or devices (hopefully none!) there *could* potentially be some technological blocks, but we will - of course - do our best to overcome them in order to introduce Viber's VoIP service for as many OS versions and devices as possible.

When we have more concrete news (with specific information), we'll certainly share.
    10-31-12 07:36 AM
    thank you hope for that good news soon
    10-31-12 04:01 PM
634 ... 1011121314 ...