11-04-14 04:01 PM
634 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I know that the engineers are working hard... Keep it up, Viber Team!! We are waiting (impatiently)
    07-19-12 06:42 AM
    chomping at the bit here. Viber is by far the most excited I am about an app on a BB phone...
    07-19-12 02:19 PM
    yea it's been over a month since the last Viber report...anything you guys can tell us on status of VOIP?
    Biulet likes this.
    07-19-12 03:45 PM
    Unfortunately we still can't give you concrete news as of yet.
    We are working on it hard these days, and have made some progress. We still wouldn't want to give any estimates for release dates, so if delays occur, we won't disappoint our fans.

As we promised - once we have news, we will keep you posted
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-20-12 03:29 AM
    @viberteam thanks a lot fore following this post and Looking forward to viber voip. Skype is gonna regret not being part of this!
    Viber likes this.
    07-20-12 08:57 AM
    Viber 2.2 is released for Ios and Android. BlackBerry scheduled for a similar update. Will this version bring the VOIP we are all waiting for?
    07-24-12 05:52 AM
    Viber 2.2 is released for Ios and Android. BlackBerry scheduled for a similar update. Will this version bring the VOIP we are all waiting for?
    Unfortunately not yet.

Viber for Blackberry 2.2 is in the works and will hopefully be released soon, but unfortunately it will not contain VoIP yet. This 2.2 update is meant to make sure our Blackberry users enjoy the new features that our iOS and Android users can utilize.

Our development team is still working hard on implementing our calling service into Viber for Blackberry, and we hope to give you good news soon.
    07-24-12 09:48 AM
    Unfortunately not yet.

Viber for Blackberry 2.2 is in the works and will hopefully be released soon, but unfortunately it will not contain VoIP yet. This 2.2 update is meant to make sure our Blackberry users enjoy the new features that our iOS and Android users can utilize.

Our development team is still working hard on implementing our calling service into Viber for Blackberry, and we hope to give you good news soon.
    no it will not
    i just instaled Viber 2.1 and it not have VoIP option for blackberry. i think we will never get that feature

I really dont using viber at all (have bbm, whatsapp, facebook chat msn) i was hoping for VoIP but it seam I will have to buy some cheap android just to have skype on it (will continue not using Viber)
    07-24-12 09:53 AM
    @pedrogari -

We are sorry to hear you feel this way, but we can assure you that we have been working hard in the past couple of months (and are continuing to do so) in order to implement our calling services in Viber for Blackberry.

Progress has been made, and we hope to complete it soon. Once we have news, we'll let you know.
    07-24-12 10:37 AM
    All,

Note that 9810 is not yet officially supported by Viber. We hope to attend to testing it thoroughly on 9810 in the near future.

About the battery drain issues - the thorough testings that we've run in our labs showed no sign of significant battery drain. However, we invite you to contact our support team and let them know (with accurate results) about the problem. The more details they have, the better we'll be able to monitor the problem and hopefully resolve it: Your ticket details | Viber Support
    Any updates as to when Viber will be available for the 9810? Why is it that the 9810's don't get any love from app devs? Ouch, a BlackBerry user and then a 9810 BlackBerry user...I feel like a double-dose Focker! Double-dose!

...it seam I will have to buy some cheap android just to have skype on it (will continue not using Viber)
    I know...I'm beginning to feel this is our destiny as long as we stick with BlackBerry. No good app support, get used to it or move on to another platform like Android or iOS. Notice how BlackBerry isn't even part of the conversation for latest and greatest apps anymore? Advertisements haven't even bothered with adding BB as it usually isn't available for us or if it is, no one cares. Get a clue BB. I know it's not Viber's fault, at least they have something for us but of course lacks the functionality of what Android and iOS has. Always does....
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 07-27-12 at 03:18 AM.
    07-27-12 03:03 AM
    Patienece is a virtue. Good things come to those who wait
    When Viber calls come, it comes. For the mean time, keep calm and be bold!
    07-27-12 05:17 AM
    If you guys want VOIP on BB & can't wait for Viber's to get it you can always use "Dell Voice"........me, I'm waiting for Viber. Hope they are also working on BB10 becuase in 6 months I will be using that instead of my 9900
    Last edited by bbpandy; 07-29-12 at 01:57 PM.
    07-27-12 01:52 PM
    @Nickerz_BB -

9810 was not tested here in our labs, so we cannot claim to officially support it. That is probably why you are experiencing the issues you mentioned.
    We hope to attend to testing and adapting Viber to 9810 as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, we invite you to enter our Feature Request page and post your request there. The more people join on a request, the faster it will become reality

You can find it here: Have an idea for a new feature? | Viber Support
    07-29-12 09:39 AM
    Mid-August... Any news?

As always thanks for your work and feedback.

Cheers from Barcelona! ;-)
    08-09-12 04:49 AM
    Unfortunately no concrete news yet.

We're working around the clock developing our calling service, making sure to adapt it to as many BB devices and OS versions as possible.

Once we have updates, we'll keep you posted
    08-09-12 12:45 PM
    hi viber team.

are we there yet? =)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-13-12 08:23 PM
    We are doing our best to bring it to you as fast as we can

Stay tuned for updates
    08-14-12 07:19 AM
    Finally! I was waiting a long time for this!
    08-14-12 07:50 AM
    I just get a shiny white 9900... To be completly perfect, I just need Viber with it. C'mon Viber team!
    08-19-12 10:17 AM
    I just downloaded Viber from Appworld to my 9800. Haven't used it yet (setting it up)but it is available.
    08-19-12 10:41 AM
    At this state, I wouldn't be surprised if Viber suddenly gives up (knock on wood) and declares to abandon BBOS development

Only to find out that they have a working version for QNX (BB10/Playbook OS). But I do wish they do make a version of this .

I would REALLY be surprised if they manage to port it from Android just a few days (or built it less time it took the BBOS version to be built... if it is going to be built XD)

Just my two cents
    08-19-12 10:51 AM
    Hi Guys

Don't you worry! We know it takes time, But we hope to provide you with good news as soon as possible!
    08-21-12 07:11 AM
    Well atleast you pop in here every few weeks letting us know your working on it
    08-21-12 04:19 PM
    Can you please integrate Viber with BB's notification system??? PLEASE!

I want to set a unique tone for the messages, and Customize the LED light in the BerryBuzz app for Viber, which is currently not there!

So many Viber BB users and I would GREATLY appreciate this!

Thank you.
    08-21-12 06:06 PM
    nyce, get it done so i can get off whatsapp.
    08-21-12 07:00 PM
634 ... 89101112 ...