CNBC Interview : Verizon CEO: Smartphone War Will Never End - CNBC

(about brand competition)
    You've got Microsoft coming in the game, the Blackberry10 launch in the next two weeks : this is a war that's never going to end and i think that's good for consumers
    Q :rim shares had this huge run to the end of the year on this heightened expectation of what blackberry ten is going to deliver. are you as optimistic for that new product?
    A: The term would i use is hopeful. there's an awful lot of dedicated blackberry users out there and they've been waiting a long time for an exciting product. i'm hopeful this is a great product out there to meet the customers' needs
    01-08-13 01:58 PM
    Definitely a product that seems to meet my needs
    01-08-13 02:06 PM
    The answer Verizon CEO gave actually sounded a bit negative. The interviewer asked if he was optimistic about BB10 and what he said was "I wouldn't say optimistic, but I would say I'm hopeful"
    01-08-13 02:37 PM

Shocking, a comment not akin to singing angles regarding BB10, and its taken as an insult.....

IMHO, the guy was not going to be pinned down on any position as the interviewers were attempting, its called, spin
    Thunderbuck and TommyBB like this.
    01-08-13 02:55 PM
    http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sFi_boink3.gif

Shocking, a comment not akin to singing angles regarding BB10, and its taken as an insult.....

IMHO, the guy was not going to be pinned down on any position as the interviewers were attempting, its called, spin
    Exactly. Expressing any kind of perceived preference for one program over others could lead to blowback.
    01-08-13 02:57 PM
    The answer Verizon CEO gave actually sounded a bit negative. The interviewer asked if he was optimistic about BB10 and what he said was "I wouldn't say optimistic, but I would say I'm hopeful"
    Yes. I was actually watching. He sounded slightly doubtful to be honest. His take was that there are a lot of loyal blackberry users that have been waiting for a product. And that he was hopeful.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    01-08-13 03:02 PM
    What would other partners say if he is overly optimistic? What would the SEC say? He has to be very, very cautious and measured in his response.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Superfly_FR and Thunderbuck like this.
    01-08-13 07:09 PM
    What would other partners say if he is overly optimistic? What would the SEC say? He has to be very, very cautious and measured in his response.

ding ding ding
    01-08-13 07:12 PM
    can we rename the thread please - Verizon CEO sits on fence to avoid upsetting suppliers.

that should do the trick lol
    01-08-13 07:15 PM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I think hopeful seems prejudiced towards RIM too. Why would he care?
    01-08-13 07:17 PM
    I would say encouraging.
    01-09-13 02:14 AM
    Carriers want competition between the manufacturers. It drive innovation and keeps costs down. It's been no secret that carriers would prefer RIM to remain a viable competitor, so "hopeful" isn't out of line.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-09-13 03:30 AM
    can we rename the thread please - Verizon CEO sits on fence to avoid upsetting suppliers.

that should do the trick lol
    I lol'd

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    01-09-13 03:43 AM