I have been following the possibility of VZW carrying the Key2 + Key2 Le for some time, as I have held off buying either with the hope that they would finally carry at least 1 of these devices. As some of you know, at MWC there was mention that VZW would start carrying the Key2 LE via Verizon corporate sales only (not consumer) soon.

Well, I called Verizon Business Telesales today and I got a rep who did a little research for me. Here's what he told me:

- VZW will carry BOTH the Key2 and the Key2 LE
    - Both phones will be available for pre-order on June 29 and will be released on July 13 (he found this on an internal document and he said there was no pricing and no other info)
    - ONLY the Key2 LE is currently whitelisted and therefore that's the only phone that continues to be BYOD eligible

With this news I am going to go ahead and buy the LE from Amazon and activate it as a BYOD device. I can't wait until July for this...

I hope this is helpful (and accurate)! Definitely good to know assuming it is accurate...
    03-11-19 09:33 PM
    yay!!!!
    03-12-19 07:52 AM
    Their adding the KEY2 is news... that will be good for VZW users! Do wonder about the whole - corporate sales only thing... the past there wasn't really a corporate sales only, just not "offered" to consumers expect for they cold buy them online. Hopefully that will be the same.

That is awful late.... almost a year after the KEY2 was launched, so 1/3 through it's support life cycle. Not really great for Enterprise that tends to keep devices longer... Wonder if PIE has anything to do with it. I can see VZW not wanting to deal with a feature update issues, and requiring BBMo to update the KEY2 and KEY2 LE before they offer it. Might give us an idea of when PIE is showing up????
    03-12-19 08:52 AM
    thanks for the update! I hope the information is accurate.
    03-14-19 08:49 AM
    I will pass the information on to some of my friends on Verizon and hopefully they come though on the deal.
    03-16-19 08:26 PM
    They are 6+ months late. What about updates?
    03-16-19 08:31 PM
    this means good news for the key2. it probably had a decent run to the point where it's still being talked about for almost a year plus the Red Edition wit the storage being doubled.

but I'm on ATT related service
    03-16-19 09:34 PM
    I am a long time Verizon and BB user. I Switched from my Classic to a LE back in January. My LE drew the attention of several people at the Verizon store when I was picking up my SIM. I have had no issues and hopefully I convinced a few people to make the switch to BB.
    04-03-19 09:04 PM