So....I had a long chat with a Verizon representative about the Blackberry Z30. I contacted them after not being able to find new Z30's on Amazon or the Verizon website.

I was told by Verizon that they no longer have Z30 devices in stock and are not slated to get any more.

I also contacted Amazon.Com through Twitter and was told that they also have no more Z30 smartphones in stock and are not slated to get any more. They only encouraged me to keep checking back to see if it changes in the future.

I sent two messages in the past 24 hours to Blackberry through Twitter and received NO response as to the future sale of the Z30 device. The Blackberry website directs you to Verizon or Amazon, but the links were old, and both vendors have no new phones for the Verizon network.

My Blackberry Z30 is working great. I got it after it was released in 2014 through Amazon. I'm very happy with it. I just wanted to buy another one, just in case mine broke in the future. Now I'm out of luck on that front.

Even though John Chen publicly said tyhat the BB10 Operating System will be supported and a 10.3 update is in the works...why support BB10 when you won't be able to get a device? If my currect Z30 breaks, I'm SOL.

Thoughts?
    03-28-16 05:19 PM
    Have you tired looking on eBay or Craigslist for a nice used z30? I have seen a couple Verizon ones for sale on the local adds in my area.
    03-28-16 06:29 PM
    No...I only buy new phones. After searching, I see that no retailer is,selling the Verizon version of the Z30.

I'm convinced that BlackBerry will soon abandon the BB10 operating system. Which now means that when my phone eventually gives out, I'll need to go to another operating system.

I'm just not sold on the Priv, which Verizon tried to sell me today.

I'm going to read threads about people who left BlackBerry and found another phone. I won't do iPhone. And I'm not sure of security through the Android operating system.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 08:42 PM
    The last Z30 came off the production line back in October of 2013. That's two and a half years ago. Folks have been talking about Z30s drying up for the last six months. I'm not sure why you are surprised at this point...
    03-28-16 10:34 PM
    The last Z30 came off the production line back in October of 2013. That's two and a half years ago. Folks have been talking about Z30s drying up for the last six months. I'm not sure why you are surprised at this point...
    Not surprised, just disappointed.

I don't keep up with the day to day at Blackberry. I've just read that the CEO has stated his commitment to BB10. But seeing the devices no longer being sold, and no upgrade BB10 device in the works is sad.
    03-29-16 09:34 AM
    Spec wise it's not as good as the Z30 but have you looked into the Leap?
    03-29-16 05:34 PM
    What about Z10 vs Leap? Are they comparable?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 07:21 PM
    Hey man if you need a z30 new wee have in stock in denmark Europe but you can always ask them to ship it if ned

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 12:24 PM
    The Z30 has been gone from shop.blackberry.com for a long while. It was only a matter of time before Verizon sold enough of it's stock to pull it from the line up. I expect that we will see availability for the Passport to be the next to become limited, following by the LEAP. With inventory being closely controlled I would "assume" that the Classic is still in production or that it has seen a recent run. But at some point they'll reach a level where it's just not worth producing anymore devices (if they haven't already). I bet by the end of the year Chen would like to bury BB10 and any associated cost... other than warranty support.

I know some are convinced that Gov and High Security Installations won't be able to get along without BB10.... but that ain't Chen's problem, he has a business to run. And I don't think selling a few 100K devices at pretty low margins is going to keep BB10 alive. Now if they were selling the LEAP and Classic for $800... they might be able to get by on 500K each per year. But at $199 and $379 Retail (probable less in bulk) there just isn't much room for profit - for the manufacture , for BlackBerry, for end sellers (carrier, digital river, amazon...)
    03-30-16 01:19 PM
    Spec wise it's not as good as the Z30 but have you looked into the Leap?
    Hey man if you need a z30 new wee have in stock in denmark Europe but you can always ask them to ship it if ned
    OP is asking about a Verizon Z30, STA100-3. No model of the Leap, nor any other model of the Z30 but the -3 is going to work on Verizon.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Invictus0 like this.
    03-30-16 01:26 PM
    Verizon removed the Z30 from retail shops 6 months ago. They then removed it from their website about two weeks ago. The Classic is now the only BB10 offered from Verizon.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    03-30-16 01:52 PM
    I have 2 z30 I will sell one has a cracked screen so that would need to be fixed the other is in good condition and from Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 06:15 PM