03-25-08 11:56 PM
85 123 ...
tools
    I went into verizon yesterday because I can get a new phone on Monday

And i asked two different verizon reps and they both said they are testing the curve and it will be out in march or april!

but i am going to go to a cingualar store to see if it is worth the wait if not i might get the rumored htc touch for verizon or the Samsung SCH-i760

also anyone have suggestions on a phone i should get even besides blackberry
    i also dont really like treos
    02-08-08 05:59 PM
    good news i guess, still no specs or pictures so I will believe all this when I see it.
    02-08-08 06:10 PM
    If it is coming and Verizon does not disable the menus and features it will be well worth the wait.
    02-08-08 06:50 PM
    we'll see if it happens lol
    02-09-08 02:23 AM
    I'd bet my house that verizon does the same thing to the GPS that it did with the 8830.
    02-09-08 08:28 AM
    I'd give my house that if they say April, you need to add at LEAST 6 more months on that for the actual release date.
    02-09-08 09:45 AM
    I say port your number to AT&T or T-Mobile, and get a Curve. Better still go to T-Mobile, and get the Curve 8320! It supports wifi, and of course you can connect to ANY wifi network and MAKE CALLS!

And i asked two different verizon reps and they both said they are testing the curve and it will be out in march or april!

but i am going to go to a cingualar store to see if it is worth the wait if not i might get the rumored htc touch for verizon or the Samsung SCH-i760

02-09-08 10:10 AM
    I say port your number to AT&T or T-Mobile, and get a Curve. Better still go to T-Mobile, and get the Curve 8320! It supports wifi, and of course you can connect to ANY wifi network and MAKE CALLS!
    What if the person has a password to their WiFi? Do you have to have that password to hook into their Wifi to be able to make calls?

Click
    02-09-08 10:39 AM
    If it is coming and Verizon does not disable the menus and features it will be well worth the wait.
    The only "feature" disabled on current VZW BB's is GPS outside of VZ Nav, I'm sure Curve will be the same.
    02-09-08 11:03 AM
    I am very interested in this as well. Sprint's signal is very weak at my house and my wife has troube (non-BB) with her signal at work. We have wifi at home and she has public wifi at work. So we could get a tmobile berry and make calls that way and have a stronger signal?
    02-09-08 11:53 AM
    With a wifi enabled phone, you can use the wifi over tmo's network (the phone will select the strongest unless you set preferences) and make calls via the wifi. I know some people who have literally no cell service around there home but use the hotspot @ home service and live the cellular dream (when the H@H is working properly at least )
    02-09-08 12:03 PM
    If it were only that simple. ATT and Tmo's coverage and reliability around me is nothing compared to VZN. That's why I think a lot of us are waiting. If I lived in an area where ATT or Tmo had better coverage, I'd have the curve by now.
    02-09-08 12:55 PM
    Hey everyone,
    I'm new to the forum. I just upgraded from the treo 700wx to the 8830 in Jan. And I must say I love my BB. Of course now I hear about the curve coming out. I had asked the reps at Verizon and they said they had not heard of the curve coming to Verizon. Figures!
    02-09-08 02:02 PM
    What if the person has a password to their WiFi? Do you have to have that password to hook into their Wifi to be able to make calls?

Click
    Think about your question. That's just like asking if a person had a password protected PC would you need the password to login to the PC. Duh!
    02-10-08 11:51 AM
    Think about your question. That's just like asking if a person had a password protected PC would you need the password to login to the PC. Duh!
    Yeah,thats a crazy question.
    02-10-08 07:28 PM
    You never know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-08 08:42 PM
    Getting back to the title of this thread, with pictures surfacing of a cdma curve, it should suffice most (if not all) of us for the immediate future...
    02-11-08 09:21 PM
    Run For The Hills....it's Coming!!
    02-21-08 02:57 AM
    Pics from BoyGenius :0)

02-21-08 09:15 AM
    Verizon WILL lock down that phone... if you want a blackberry with 1/2 to none of the features available go ahead and buy from Verizon.

I just dropped those losers 2 days ago and bought my first Blackberry Curve 8310... Im lovin it.
    02-21-08 09:36 PM
    Verizon WILL lock down that phone... if you want a blackberry with 1/2 to none of the features available go ahead and buy from Verizon.

I just dropped those losers 2 days ago and bought my first Blackberry Curve 8310... Im lovin it.
    Other than the GPS issue and mms, what other features did they lock? I cant think of what would constitute 1/2 to all the features being crippled by Verizon. Having been with Sprint and AT&T, I've never been happier. I always thought it was sad that out of the big 4 (VZ, AT&T, TMO, and Sprint), only one would give me service at my own house. I don't live out in the boonies. I live in OC, CA. Finally being able to make a call without having to stand in the far corner of my house and up against the window has made me more than satisfied with VZ. Everyone has their own experiences. I'm more than satisfied with my 8830 and the service as they have been the best service and phone I've had.
    02-22-08 12:09 AM
    Does anyone have a solid release date for the Curve on Verizon?

I am patiently waiting but may end up going with ATT or Tmob. if one isn't out soon. Any thoughts or advice on these providers and if one is better than the other in regards to the BB.

Thanks for your help!
    02-22-08 01:21 PM

Why not just switch over to AT&T!? There policies are a little less draconian than Verizons and their coverage is as good if not better!?
    02-22-08 01:47 PM
    Does anyone have a solid release date for the Curve on Verizon?

I am patiently waiting but may end up going with ATT or Tmob. if one isn't out soon. Any thoughts or advice on these providers and if one is better than the other in regards to the BB.

Thanks for your help!
    If you search this and other forums, you'll probably find 50 difference "release dates" from people who are "in the know". The problem is all of these dates will be different. Maybe average them all together and that will tell you the real release date?

All kidding aside, it seems most people are predicting sometime in Q2, between late March and early May. The promising thing is we're finally seeing pictures of the CDMA version of the Curve pop up on the net, so it can't be too far off.

I too am with Verizon and patiently waiting for the release of the Curve. I've been tempted to jump ship to ATT but Verizon offers the best coverage in my area.
    02-22-08 02:00 PM
    I am close to switching to ATT except all my friends have verizon and all ATT has to offer is those damn rollover minutes!!

How does the CDMA differ from the GSM? any noticeable differences when accessing the web?
    02-22-08 02:07 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD