10-18-13 08:06 AM
140 ... 456
tools
    This is actually a good thing cause anytime the Verge wrote a story about BlackBerry it was always bad news.

Sent from my BlackBerry - remember me!
    tbh I would prefer bad news to no news, it keeps BB's in peoples minds at last.
    10-17-13 04:40 PM
    tbh I would prefer bad news to no news, it keeps BB's in peoples minds at last.
    For all the wrong reasons. Keeping BB in people's minds is what helped not sell any bb10's
    10-17-13 04:44 PM
    Delta partnered with AT&T and
    Microsoft to make an inflight payment system. Guarantee there was concessions made. It's not like delta picked them outright out of the blue.

Microsoft probably threw them a very big bone to adopt them..
    I don't think bones can get bigger than free Z10 upgrades for everybody. -.-

This is like when fans were accusing Nokia of channel stuffing 2 quarters ago when Windows Phone barely surpassed Blackberry in sales and then a quarter later BBRY takes a huge writedown and refuses to release device shipped figures.

For all the wrong reasons. Keeping BB in people's minds is what helped not sell any bb10's
    How could a consumer go out to buy something he knows nothing about?

It's definitely better to have the Blackberry section still around.
    Etios likes this.
    10-17-13 04:49 PM
    Ok guys don't say anything else

I'm on the metro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-17-13 05:04 PM
    The guardian article has been trashed, it was wrong, and your post is not focused on just the business sector.

But I digress, you're a brick wall. You are only here for an argument, not a discussion.

Posted from my RIM 850 wireless handheld
    Your not very polite with the personal attacks.

So you wanted to talk about the business sector, here you go:

"In addition, Gartner conducted an August poll of 400 IT and business leaders which found that 24% remain on the BlackBerry platform. The poll found that respondents expect that number will drop to 9% by 2016.
    The poll was conducted before BlackBerry announced its loss, Dulaney noted. BlackBerry had only 2.7% of global smartphone sales in the second quarter of 2013, compared to 76.7% for Android, Gartner has noted.
    The survey also found that 38% of the IT leaders are using Apple products, while 30% have Android products. The Android number share is expected to increase to 40% by 2016, slightly ahead of the projection for Apple."
    Enjoy zero.

More can be found here:

"Gartner tells IT shops that it's 'game over' for BlackBerry"

September 27, 2013 03:36 PM ET
    http://m.computerworld.com/s/article...for_BlackBerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    OniBerry, Etios, richardat and 1 others like this.
    10-17-13 05:11 PM
    Your not very polite with the personal attacks.

So you wanted to talk about the business sector, here you go:

Enjoy zero.

More can be found here:

"Gartner tells IT shops that it's 'game over' for BlackBerry"

September 27, 2013 03:36 PM ET
    Update: Gartner tells IT shops that it's 'game over' for BlackBerry - Computerworld

So those numbers could mean that 38% have at least one Apple device, and 30% have at least one Android device, big deal. Stats are fun like that.

The Gartner article again details no numbers of market share. You're just mud slinging.
    10-17-13 05:26 PM
    So those numbers could mean that 38% have at least one Apple device, and 30% have at least one Android device, big deal. Stats are fun like that.
    But they don't. And it is a big deal, just because you want to dig your head in the sand doesn't mean it's inconsequential.

The Gartner article again details no numbers of market share. You're just mud slinging.
    It was such a big deal that blackberry felt threatened enough to respond to it on a Saturday.

"On Saturday BlackBerry responded, saying that given the recent news about the $965 loss in Q2 2013 and its agreement to a $4.7 billion buyout, the company recognizes and respects the opinions of external third parties. But many conclusions provided by Garner regarding the potential impact of the sale or other strategic alternatives are purely speculation, nothing more."

Speculative indeed.
    Blackberry's running scared, and your hubris is beyond entertaining.
    Feel free to back pedal.

Etios and richardat like this.
    10-17-13 06:20 PM
    But they don't. And it is a big deal, just because you want to dig your head in the sand doesn't mean it's inconsequential.
    You can't quantify it, so you state I'm sticking my head in the sand. Very mature. My point still stands; None of the detractors in this thread can or have come up with any viable business smartphone market share numbers. Just stories, anecdotes or plain lies.

Feel free to back pedal.

Proof you're only here trolling for an argument.
    10-17-13 06:54 PM
    You can't quantify it, so you state I'm sticking my head in the sand. Very mature. My point still stands; None of the detractors in this thread can or have come up with any viable business smartphone market share numbers. Just stories, anecdotes or plain lies.

As far as bb is concerned do we really need to keep kicking the dead business horse? I get that you love blackberry and will argue till guys grow tits..but come on slugger...
    Last edited by linpakk; 10-17-13 at 07:37 PM.
    10-17-13 07:16 PM
    As far as bb is concerned do we really need to keep kicking the dead business horse? I get that you love blackberry and will argue till guys grow tits..but come on slugger...
    Actually...yes. The business/enterprise product is all BBRY has. That's what had kept them a float through a dismal consumer market.

Look, the consumer side is dead. We all know that. No one is really trying to defend that. They still have a strong presence in enterprise. Hense why they are focusing on that. You always go to your bread and butter when times get hard.

I bet if BBRY sold 20,000 units to KPMG, people would still find negativity in that. Negativity is contagious but you don't have to live with it forever.
    10-17-13 08:29 PM
    [snip]...

Speculative indeed.
    Feel free to back pedal.

If members resort to exchanging insults I'm going to resort to the Infraction button. If that fails to end the standoff I'll try using the Ban button instead... that usually works to stop a fight
    10-17-13 08:38 PM
    How did this thread get so far off track? Sheesh!
    kevets likes this.
    10-17-13 08:51 PM
    I'll start to worry when Mobile Nations removes the Blackberry forum.
    pkcable and richardat like this.
    10-17-13 08:54 PM
    How did this thread get so far off track? Sheesh!
    Someone mentioned the 3500 units purchased by KPMG. I defended BlackBerry as still being a leader in the enterprise business. Then a few people, went all up in arm over my post. Then a guy supported my post, asking for people to prove that BlackBerry is NOT still the most top enterprise leader. Some people blabbed and found articles but no hard facts to support their claim. Then someone (possibly a troll) started to go back and forth with a guy. The Mod gave the warning. And now we are here.

The thread was becoming an interesting conversation. Some people just don't know how to have an intellectual conversation without getting rude. Its starting to become the norm around these parts.

Mods should probably just shut it down.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 05:57 AM
    Someone mentioned the 3500 units purchased by KPMG. I defended BlackBerry as still being a leader in the enterprise business. Then a few people, went all up in arm over my post. Then a guy supported my post, asking for people to prove that BlackBerry is NOT still the most top enterprise leader. Some people blabbed and found articles but no hard facts to support their claim. Then someone (possibly a troll) started to go back and forth with a guy. The Mod gave the warning. And now we are here.

The thread was becoming an interesting conversation. Some people just don't know how to have an intellectual conversation without getting rude. Its starting to become the norm around these parts.

Mods should probably just shut it down.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like a plan!
    10-18-13 08:06 AM
140 ... 456