10-18-13 07:06 AM
140 ... 23456
tools
    If you sell Airwatch, then you should already have access to the Gartner reports and Osterman WPs.
    10-17-13 10:09 AM
    I would welcome, for all kinds of reasons, data that shows that Blackberry is not losing ground to Apple and Android.

Perhaps those who hold that point of view would be so kind as to provide that data.

Sent from my beautiful white iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 10:11 AM
    And please leave Statscounter out of the discussion. Their data is hopelessly flawed.

10-17-13 10:13 AM
    If you sell Airwatch, then you should already have access to the Gartner reports and Osterman WPs.
    I do sell it, it's still up to you to prove your point.
    Attached Thumbnails The Verge Removes BlackBerry Section-airwatch.png  
    10-17-13 10:23 AM
    At least have the guts to put the username in there...
    I was generalizing.
    No offense taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-17-13 10:28 AM
    I would welcome, for all kinds of reasons, data that shows that Blackberry is not losing ground to Apple and Android.

Perhaps those who hold that point of view would be so kind as to provide that data.

I called the data into question as it was badly sourced and likely not true. If you and those that hold the original view I called out are unable or unwilling to provide data to support your argument when requested, what compulsion is there for me to do the same? Some of the posters here have got pretty hostile quite fast at me calling out bad facts, so a circular argumentative beat-down by the usual suspects isn't something I'm going to get dragged in to.

And don't think I'm fooled by the passive aggressive acts some carry on with around here, either.
    TBone4eva likes this.
    10-17-13 10:34 AM
    I do sell it, it's still up to you to prove your point.
    It's not his point, it's reality.

Only the delusional or disillusioned try to disprove reality.

TgeekB and richardat like this.
    10-17-13 10:38 AM
    It's not his point, it's reality.

Only the delusional or disillusioned try to disprove reality.

Calling me "delusional or disillusioned" isn't a fact, it's just a personal attack. Please debate the point or find another outlet for your frustrations.
    10-17-13 10:46 AM
    If you call it into question, then perhaps you would be so kind as to provide your data along with the rebuttal.

richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 10:50 AM
    Calling me "delusional or disillusioned" isn't a fact, it's just a personal attack. Please debate the point or find another outlet for your frustrations.
    I haven't called you delusional.
    I haven't attacked you.

10-17-13 10:55 AM
    If you call it into question, then perhaps you would be so kind as to provide your data along with the rebuttal.

sigh - if the data to assert something I do not feel is accurate needs updating, it is the duty of the person making the initial assertion.
    10-17-13 11:05 AM
    sigh - if the data to assert something I do not feel is accurate needs updating, it is the duty of the person making the initial assertion.
    In other words, you can't.

richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 11:10 AM
    LoL

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 11:11 AM

It would appear so.

10-17-13 11:14 AM
    Well prove me wrong. I'm not a forum arguer. No time for that.

Globally, I believe BBRY is still the trusted device for majority of the world's governments and corporations. Apple and Android still has some catching up to do.

I've said my opinion. If you disagree, tell me why.
    at very least the Mexican government appears to use BlackBerry - the leaked NSA slides showing an example of intercepted BES communication were for that of a Mexican government official.
    10-17-13 11:18 AM
    The Verge had a BlackBerry section?
    10-17-13 11:18 AM
    It would appear so.

How is Oniberry's failure to provide data my fault or my responsibility? He made the original claim without any facts.
    10-17-13 11:20 AM

How is Oniberry's failure to provide data my fault or my responsibility? He made the original claim without any facts.
    10-17-13 11:20 AM
    Admittedly, he provided the Good report, which only talks about activations on Good. But why don't you cut to the chase, if you can. You sell Airwatch. Assuming that this does give you access to Gartner reports, etc., as posted above, why don't you provide data to support your contrary assertion -- that BB still tops iOS and/or Android in enterprise activations? There's more to contesting an assertion than demanding data to back up the assertion. Show that it isn't true with your own data. Can you?
    OniBerry and richardat like this.
    10-17-13 11:31 AM
    It would appear so.

No one can. As you pointed out, someone would have to aggregate all that information from multiple sources. That's for someone who actually gets paid to do that, not an internet forum, lol.

Obviously, the anecdotal evidence is there that iPhone and Android has made significant inroads into corporate and government usage. The critical question is what does that marketshare look like?
    DivideBYZero likes this.
    10-17-13 11:32 AM
    I am not here to write a school paper. haha
    True, but you shouldn't just post things just to make an argument. It doesn't add much to the discussion.
    DivideBYZero likes this.
    10-17-13 11:33 AM
    Admittedly, he provided the Good report, which only talks about activations on Good. But why don't you cut to the chase, if you can. You sell Airwatch. Assuming that this does give you access to Gartner reports, etc., as posted above, why don't you provide data to support your contrary assertion -- that BB still tops iOS and/or Android in enterprise activations? There's more to contesting an assertion than demanding data to back up the assertion. Show that it isn't true with your own data. Can you?
    Only Gartner report I have access to is the magic quadrant, which doesn't cover smartphone penetration rates in business, just AW's position with regard to it's peers. The industry reports section in "MyAirwatch" is empty.
    Attached Thumbnails The Verge Removes BlackBerry Section-awgartner0.jpg   The Verge Removes BlackBerry Section-awindustry0.png  
    10-17-13 11:43 AM
    Note I'm being completely transparent and honest, here. Unlike the drive-by flamebait posting methods employed by many.
    10-17-13 11:50 AM
    Note I'm being completely transparent and honest, here. Unlike the drive-by flamebait posting methods employed by many.
    Two things. One, earlier you told a poster to "have the guts" to use names, which makes you hypocritical for using the general "employed by many" line. Two, no, you're not being completely honest in this thread. Here's an example:

That's not true; Oniberry did provide data. You questioned that data, which is your right, but to act as though nothing was provided torpedoes your claim of "complete" honesty.
    TgeekB and richardat like this.
    10-17-13 12:03 PM
    No one can. As you pointed out, someone would have to aggregate all that information from multiple sources. That's for someone who actually gets paid to do that, not an internet forum, lol.

Obviously, the anecdotal evidence is there that iPhone and Android has made significant inroads into corporate and government usage. The critical question is what does that marketshare look like?
    The evidence is more than anecdotal. I mentioned those agencies that have as of today gone to other platforms, along with a large 32 component parent agency which plans to move to iPhone for select components. This is for the U.S. Federal government. This is what I can speak to. Private agencies, state and local governments are outside my reach.

Edited to add interesting article noting difficulties in posting numbers for federal government acquisitions.

http://fcw.com/Articles/2013/09/09/a...et.aspx?Page=1
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 10-17-13 at 01:00 PM.
    10-17-13 12:15 PM
140 ... 23456