10-18-13 07:06 AM
140 12345 ...
tools
    if your company MDM support the iphone it makes it as secure as the Blackberry
    Yup, fighting for that.

Sent from my beautiful white iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    10-16-13 11:24 AM
    Sad, sad times. Such an awful shame that it is like this

Anyone that is denying the fate of BlackBerry at this point is ignoring all evidence. Dismal sales (less than iPhone in one weekend), Hundreds of millions of dollars lost in one quarter by the company, company is up for sale or break up, Carriers are giving little to no space for products in stores, no one wants to develop for it (barely any apps), it is no longer shown on app advertisements as "download in BlackBerry world" even on rare chance there is a BB app (no one cares), websites are taking away the BlackBerry sections to make way for relevant and modern brands.

This verge thread really paints a good picture about how society as a whole feels about BlackBerry - moving on.
    10-16-13 11:32 AM
    Plus there is a rumor going around that BYOD and DoD may be parting ways.
    It amazes me the people that continue to talk about DoD and BYOD. THERE IS NO SUCH THING!!

Page 15, item 6.3.2. http://www.defense.gov/news/dodcMdim...tationplan.pdf

Educate yourself. Stop propagating misinformation.

Yes, DoD is looking at BYOD, but they have not gone that way yet.
    10-16-13 12:09 PM
    Number of phones isn't what's significant. It's the fact that big businesses are still deploying BlackBerry even at a time when so many are saying the company won't be around much longer. That speaks of confidence in the company and confidence in the brand because big businesses, unlike consumers, do not choose a smartphone for frivolous reasons.

Posted via CB10
    The other view of this is that if the company wants its employees to use BlackBerry devices, they know that they have to provide them to the employees because the employees won't buy BlackBerry devices on their own. There's always a flip side to things. Some companies provided iPads to their employees because the employees wouldn't buy iPads themselves (some people questioned the value of an iPad a few years ago), so this is not an attack on BlackBerry.
    R0BSTA likes this.
    10-16-13 12:39 PM
    3,500 phones!? Haha thanks I needed that laugh.

Sent from my BlackBerry - remember me!
    Clearly 3,500 more than you would have liked apparently.. so yeah, whatever gets you off

Z10 via CB10
    10-16-13 02:17 PM
    But the point is that they're not "attempting" to creep into the corporate world, they have *gone into* the corporate world and government.

Exactly. The world that Blackberry used to own.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-16-13 04:10 PM
    Good point but not indicative of what I was trying to say.

I was eluding to the amount of companies that purchase executive devices.BlackBerry still is the #1 seller of business communications. You don't see MANY companies purchasing a large amount of BlackBerry devices (phones only - iPads excluded) for corporate communications.

Yes, you can throw in NASA, but thats about it. Companies (and governments) all over the world still rely on BES and BlackBerry devices are the best compatible with that system.

Example:
    Not every company purchases 3 thousand devices. Consider that a smaller company may purchase 20 for their executives. Then another company does the same. Then you thousands (lets say 10 thousand) of more companies worldwide that purchased 20 devices for their executives. Thats 200,000+ BES corporate devices. You must realize that not every corporate device purchase is going to be in the news. Clearly, 3,500 is huge. It adds to the smaller purchases that are already happening.

This is where BBRY is taking advantage of the low hanging fruit. Focus on the roots of the company which is the enterprise.

I'm not delusional to the fact that iPhone and Android...even Windows, are attempting to creep into the corporate world. But, BBRY still remains king and that's why your see this 3500 device purchase from a company that reputably the top in financial consulting.
    dude...DUDE!!! You know it's bad when I'm reduced to saying "dude" repetitively!

You're killing yourself... You can't just keep making things up an stating them as fact.

iPhone exceeded bb in enterprise marketshare long ago.... And it's not close anymore. One study estimated iphone corporate sales exceeding bb by a huge magnitude last year. I think it was on the order of 5:1! Android also outsold them.
    10-16-13 09:55 PM
    I can't even describe how annoying most of these comments are. "BlackBerry will be out of the handset whatever..." etc... such crap.

They will make hardware, like the Z30. LOL, so many morons.
    10-16-13 11:22 PM
    Are you sure? How about more than 19 000 Windows Phones bought by Delta Airlines: Delta Streamlines In-Flight Customer Service with New Windows Phone Handheld Devices for Flight Attendants - Aug 22, 2013 ?
    Its called blackmail and bribery. How many places have you been, that SHOULD have coke, and instead have pepsi? Same thing. Costco recently moved to having pepsi at their snack counter, because Pepsi offered (bribed) them with a sweet deal on purchase of their snack products. You can bet that Microsoft virtually gave those tablets and phones away, and provided them servers and software at insane prices just for the publicity.
    10-16-13 11:34 PM
    Sad, sad times. Such an awful shame that it is like this

Anyone that is denying the fate of BlackBerry at this point is ignoring all evidence. Dismal sales (less than iPhone in one weekend), Hundreds of millions of dollars lost in one quarter by the company, company is up for sale or break up, Carriers are giving little to no space for products in stores, no one wants to develop for it (barely any apps), it is no longer shown on app advertisements as "download in BlackBerry world" even on rare chance there is a BB app (no one cares), websites are taking away the BlackBerry sections to make way for relevant and modern brands.

This verge thread really paints a good picture about how society as a whole feels about BlackBerry - moving on.
    Sighs well guess I'm clueless,

as for the app developers saying "no one wants to develop for it" yh not true...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:50 PM
    I can't even describe how annoying most of these comments are. "BlackBerry will be out of the handset whatever..." etc... such crap.

They will make hardware, like the Z30. LOL, so many morons.
    ...and no one will buy them in any significant number
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 12:14 AM
    As far as I recall, it's been gone for a while. They removed the BlackBerry Juicers forum as it was never really heavily trafficked because well, it's The Verge and any BlackBerry user knows if you want BlackBerry information or help the last place you're going to look is The Verge. Watch a Vergecast from around the time some BlackBerry news came out, you'll see what I mean. They'll just make jokes and skip over whatever the news was. However, if you want to know how your addiction to meat is destroying the planet --- they got you covered.
    10-17-13 12:15 AM
    dude...DUDE!!! You know it's bad when I'm reduced to saying "dude" repetitively!

You're killing yourself... You can't just keep making things up an stating them as fact.

iPhone exceeded bb in enterprise marketshare long ago.... And it's not close anymore. One study estimated iphone corporate sales exceeding bb by a huge magnitude last year. I think it was on the order of 5:1! Android also outsold them.
    To be fair and add some balance, until you actually pony up some facts that support your assertion that BB has been exceeded in enterprise market share, you're just making it up.
    walt63 likes this.
    10-17-13 06:54 AM
    To be fair and add some balance, until you actually pony up some facts that support your assertion that BB has been exceeded in enterprise market share, you're just making it up.
    In the most recent report from Good Technology, iOS landed on top of the enterprise market with 77 percent of all activations, from 71 percent in 2011 to 77 percent in Q4 2012, and capturing eight of the 10 points to the most popular devices.
    Android device activations fell by 6.3 percent year-over-year with a 22.7 percent share of the market, while Windows Phone came in a distant third with 0.5 percent of the activations. In addition, the report found that the iPhone 5 was the most popular device in Q4 2012, representing 32 percent of all activations in the quarter.
    The most popular Android smartphone to date, the Galaxy S III had a share of 6 percent. Although the iPad is still in the lead with an unprecedented 93.2 percent of activations, Android tablets are gaining momentum, from 2.7 percent to 6.8 percent for all activations of tablets during 2012. The most popular Android tablets for business users are the Galaxy Tab, Droid Xyboard, Galaxy Note, Eee Pad Transformer, Kindle Fire and Xoom.

Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it false.

richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 07:12 AM
    In the most recent report from Good Technology, iOS landed on top of the enterprise market with 77 percent of all activations, from 71 percent in 2011 to 77 percent in Q4 2012, and capturing eight of the 10 points to the most popular devices.
    Android device activations fell by 6.3 percent year-over-year with a 22.7 percent share of the market, while Windows Phone came in a distant third with 0.5 percent of the activations. In addition, the report found that the iPhone 5 was the most popular device in Q4 2012, representing 32 percent of all activations in the quarter.
    The most popular Android smartphone to date, the Galaxy S III had a share of 6 percent. Although the iPad is still in the lead with an unprecedented 93.2 percent of activations, Android tablets are gaining momentum, from 2.7 percent to 6.8 percent for all activations of tablets during 2012. The most popular Android tablets for business users are the Galaxy Tab, Droid Xyboard, Galaxy Note, Eee Pad Transformer, Kindle Fire and Xoom.

Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it false.

I've highlighted what is wrong with your evidence. This is activations upon the Good Technologies platform only. Please try again.
    10-17-13 07:31 AM
    It was taken out several weeks ago
    It was actually months ago, before they even revamped their site navigation bar.
    10-17-13 07:52 AM
    I can't help if you don't like the source. Feel free to check the reports from Iron and Citrix and some others.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-17-13 07:59 AM
    I can't help if you don't like the source. Feel free to check the reports from Iron and Citrix and some others.
    It is a poor single source. It's like going to wikipedia for all your information to write a school paper. If you noticed there was no mention of BlackBerry because there is no way to compare the numbers to BlackBerry activations which are always going to be separate because the other MDMs don't support BlackBerry due to BES. So, the results are skewed towards the platforms they do support.
    undone likes this.
    10-17-13 08:51 AM

Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't waste anymore time on _________.
    You can lead a horse to water....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 09:16 AM
    The issue is that Good is only one of the solutions used.

The appropriate study to show the use of android and iPhone in the enterprise would take several fronts:

1). Activations on competing enterprise solutions such as Good and Iron Mountain.

2). Use of Blackberry handsets in enterprise.

3). Use of BES

4). Use of BES10

5). Numbers of iPhones Android WM and Blackberry devices managed as part of the BES MDM fleet

6). Compare those numbers with same numbers over the last five years

If anyone's got the time for that comprehensive analysis you will have the numbers to highlight the entrance and growth of iPhone and android into the corporate and government. You will also see BlackBerry's lost ground.

I'm not keen on spending that much effort on something we already know.

10-17-13 09:24 AM
    The Verge is useless when it comes to BlackBerry news... unless of course you want to read bad news because they will always write about that. Even their reviews on new handsets are worthless and doesn't add any valuable information. They basically just list out the specs and they're done.
    10-17-13 09:48 AM
    Thanks for the info.

This site can be strange. We are all online. We all have access to Google. We all have roughly, the same access to information contained online. I'm supposed to do all the research because three people can't read. Whining about a source, then, Oh, well your source is flawed; Read as "Your facts do not support my argument, therefore I am unimpressed"
    richardat likes this.
    10-17-13 09:52 AM
    Thanks for the info.

At least have the guts to put the username in there...
    10-17-13 09:54 AM
    This site can be strange. We are all online. We all have access to Google. We all have roughly, the same access to information contained online. I'm supposed to do all the research because three people can't read. Whining about a source, then, Oh, well your source is flawed; Read as "Your facts do not support my argument, therefore I am unimpressed"
    I would say it's more you suggesting, "I don't like that you pointed out my information is not complete, so I'm going to suggest you're at fault or are in some way unwilling to accept my assertion.". Seeing as I only asked as YOU called out another member for "making up facts", when you then did pretty much the same thing in reply to him. I simply asked you to back up YOUR point. Why should I find sources for points YOU make? Learn to debate without getting personal.

I'll gladly accept independent industry wide reports, backed up with facts, but a single vendor report from an MDM solution provider focused on iOS & Android device enrollment? No way.

Disclosure: I sell Airwatch MDM. I would never use Airwatch BB activation numbers as indicative either, as they have very weak BB integration.
    10-17-13 09:59 AM
    It is a poor single source. It's like going to wikipedia for all your information to write a school paper. If you noticed there was no mention of BlackBerry because there is no way to compare the numbers to BlackBerry activations which are always going to be separate because the other MDMs don't support BlackBerry due to BES. So, the results are skewed towards the platforms they do support.

I am not here to write a school paper. haha
    10-17-13 10:04 AM
140 12345 ...