10-18-13 08:06 AM
140 1234 ...
tools
    I work for another big four, and although each is independent, most countries try to coordinate on IT policy. I know we are testing and considering BES10 for our mobile device management (at least in Canada and a few other countries .... although here in Canada we can use BB10 or iPhone).
    Yes, perhaps, "try to coordinate" -- that doesn't meant that they actually do coordinate, or that all of them try to do so. This is still just an Italian accounting firm when you come right down to it. How do we know they're not just a singular minority and bucking any supposed trend at IT coordination?

For that matter, this is not dissimilar to the BBRY press release from two weeks ago that the Colombian National Police are migrating to BES10, or the press release from the week before that Empresas Polar is doing the same.

Frankly, I'm somewhat distrustful of what comes out of Waterloo, and have been since Heins announced a year and a half ago or so that BB10 was being delayed. For all I know, this arrangement and the others were consummated prior to the recent bad news, and BBRY is dribbling out press releases "announcing" these things as if they're news in an attempt to balance out the unending flow of bad news.
    10-16-13 10:08 AM
    Number of phones isn't what's significant. It's the fact that big businesses are still deploying BlackBerry even at a time when so many are saying the company won't be around much longer. That speaks of confidence in the company and confidence in the brand because big businesses, unlike consumers, do not choose a smartphone for frivolous reasons.

Posted via CB10
    Actually it is very significant.
    Unless you don't consider the billion dollar z10 right down insignificant.
    You would be wrong.
    Poirots Progeny, Etios and Donvald like this.
    10-16-13 10:10 AM
    Like I said...I'm not delusional to the fact that iPhone and Android...even Windows, are attempting to creep into the corporate world.

Im not talking about just US, I'm talking globally - Apple and Android has a small sample size compared to BlackBerry. I'm going to stand by that until proven wrong.
    But the point is that they're not "attempting" to creep into the corporate world, they have *gone into* the corporate world and government.

Sent from my beautiful white iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk
    10-16-13 10:13 AM
    Like I said...I'm not delusional to the fact that iPhone and Android...even Windows, are attempting to creep into the corporate world.

Im not talking about just US, I'm talking globally - Apple and Android hascompared to BlackBerry. I'm going to stand by that until proven wrong.

You really are grossly misinformed.
    10-16-13 10:13 AM
    This is actually a good thing cause anytime the Verge wrote a story about BlackBerry it was always bad news.

Sent from my BlackBerry - remember me!
    Ummm, it seems that really the only news anyone has to write about Blackberry is bad news.
    10-16-13 10:17 AM
    People who are defending BB here is some unsolicited advice: STOP DOING SO!! Stop responding to posts about other phones, stop giving mindless defence to the brand. You wont win.....this site has gone to the bugs or the bitten fruit. Put your hands the wheel, if you so choose and support BB if thats your phone of choice but for goodness sake leave the rest
    10-16-13 10:22 AM
    You really are grossly misinformed.
    Well prove me wrong. I'm not a forum arguer. No time for that.

Globally, I believe BBRY is still the trusted device for majority of the world's governments and corporations. Apple and Android still has some catching up to do.

I've said my opinion. If you disagree, tell me why.
    10-16-13 10:23 AM
    That speaks of confidence in the company and confidence in the brand because big businesses, unlike consumers, do not choose a smartphone for frivolous reasons.

Posted via CB10
    Confidence can be a dangerous thing. I know of one company that had to write-down nearly a billion dollars in inventory because it believed it could sell a lot more devices than it actually could, even as it struggled to build its platform under the founder's hand-picked CEO. But enough about Microsoft.
    10-16-13 10:34 AM

Globally, I believe BBRY is still the trusted device for majority of the world's governments and corporations. Apple and Android still has some catching up to do.

It's funny how your argument has evolved since you started. First it was "No one is purchasing 3k iPhones or Androids for their business". Then the "no one" became "not many," which to me says you really had no basis for claiming "no one" in the first place.
    10-16-13 10:38 AM
    It's funny how your argument has evolved since you started. First it was "No one is purchasing 3k iPhones or Androids for their business". Then the "no one" became "not many," which to me says you really had no basis for claiming "no one" in the first place.
    I retracted that statement. It's called clarifying, which I did.

Can we not do that in forums? I don't think the first thing someone says is written in stone.
    10-16-13 10:41 AM
    Sneaky smart ;-)

(for wiki cydia's writedown quip)

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    10-16-13 10:44 AM
    This is actually a good thing cause anytime the Verge wrote a story about BlackBerry it was always bad news.

Sent from my BlackBerry - remember me!
    So irrelevance > criticism?
    10-16-13 10:48 AM
    I gotta go do some work. Can't live on CB like others may.

Feel free to BBM (33456A56) me for a friendly conversation on whether or not 'BBRY is still the global leader in corporate and government communications'.
    10-16-13 10:48 AM
    I retracted that statement. It's called clarifying, which I did.
    "Retracting" and "clarifying" are two vastly different things. If you "retracted" the statement there'd be nothing to "clarify"; if you "clarified" the statement there'd be no need to "retract" it. In other words, what you just said makes zero sense.

Can we not do that in forums? I don't think the first thing someone says is written in stone.
    Maybe we should start by not exaggerating like you did initially; absolute language like "no one" or "everyone" is almost always inaccurate. As for things being set in stone, you can edit your previous posts.

Cute baby, though.
    10-16-13 10:51 AM
    **** em all =D
    10-16-13 11:02 AM
    Exactly. And people aren't seeing the bright side of this story. No other device is being purchased at this capacity by businesses. No one is purchasing 3k iPhones or Androids for their business. They simply implement BYOD. And even with BYOD, top management still use BlackBerrys. I see it at my current job and my last.

KPMG is buying these devices that their executives must use. There's the difference. Its a good thing. It shows that reputable companies still rely on BlackBerry for the best communication within their organization. This is why bbry is putting a lot of focus on their enterprise product.

Posted via CB10
    Not true.

Work for one of the Big 4 in Canada and although we have implemented BES10 and have rolled out BB10 devices, we are also actively rolling out iPhones as a risk mitigation strategy in case BB collapses. At the moment, it seems to be 50/50 in terms of which device users are choosing.
    10-16-13 11:20 AM
    People who are defending BB here is some unsolicited advice: STOP DOING SO!! Stop responding to posts about other phones, stop giving mindless defence to the brand. You wont win.....this site has gone to the bugs or the bitten fruit. Put your hands the wheel, if you so choose and support BB if thats your phone of choice but for goodness sake leave the rest
    First, the OP mentioned other phones.
    The post I answered mentioned incorrect information about BlackBerry *and* other phones.
    I corrected information about other platforms "attempting" to enter corporate when they already have entered.

And you might have missed it, but I have been beaten to a bloody pulp defending BlackBerry when someone has made incorrect statements.

This site welcomes discussion where all points of view are aired.
    10-16-13 11:36 AM
    Only have gone iPhone for non-secure Email network. Read the releases. For secure email they are still Blackberry. Plus there is a rumor going around that BYOD and DoD may be parting ways.
    10-16-13 11:48 AM
    Are you sure? How about more than 19 000 Windows Phones bought by Delta Airlines: Delta Streamlines In-Flight Customer Service with New Windows Phone Handheld Devices for Flight Attendants - Aug 22, 2013 ?

Delta partnered with AT&T and
    Microsoft to make an inflight payment system. Guarantee there was concessions made. It's not like delta picked them outright out of the blue.

Microsoft probably threw them a very big bone to adopt them..
    Nharzhool likes this.
    10-16-13 11:53 AM
    Only have gone iPhone for non-secure Email network. Read the releases. For secure email they are still Blackberry. Plus there is a rumor going around that BYOD and DoD may be parting ways.
    For email behind firewalls they are using Iron Mountain and Good.

I don't need to read the releases. I work in IT. I'm in the middle of this. And for the record, I have been fighting the move to iPhone for years. But I am about to lose the battle in my agency.

****Edit....and by the way, secure agencies don't go BYOD.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-16-13 12:02 PM
    I don't like the Verge.
    they're anti blackberry, give out bad news about BB and talk about black future.
    I'm very happy because they remove our phone on their site.
    There are no good news about Blackberry unless you are still stuck to 2007
    10-16-13 12:09 PM
    Might as well, the verge podcast hosts often bashed blackberry.
    10-16-13 12:12 PM
    There are no good news about Blackberry unless you are still stuck to 2007
    Exactly, I was wondering if people thought The Verge was making up bad blackberry news or something.

The Verge did not create the bb10 delay, the bbm4all delay etc.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    10-16-13 12:15 PM

Trust does not keep you in business sales do and Blackberry need to sell millions not couple of thousands..years ago BBRY did not bother to report single sales order of less than 100K devices now they report even few thousands or hundred and try to spin it as a good news.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-16-13 12:17 PM
    For email behind firewalls they are using Iron Mountain and Good.

I don't need to read the releases. I work in IT. I'm in the middle of this. And for the record, I have been fighting the move to iPhone for years. But I am about to lose the battle in my agency.

****Edit....and by the way, secure agencies don't go BYOD.
    if your company MDM support the iphone it makes it as secure as the Blackberry
    10-16-13 12:22 PM
140 1234 ...