02-12-15 01:42 AM
51 123
tools
    Again more comments with the all or nothing scenario.
    Why is not not acceptable in the "tech" world to be what you are?
    Last time I checked having a company of 1000's and sales of millions of units was a pretty big deal.
    Now that I have been enlightened I may need some therapy to pull be back from the cliff. Because I thought my employing 20 some odd people and selling a few thousand units was an accomplishment.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    FranRamos likes this.
    01-11-15 02:24 PM
    Kind of funny I'm the only one with that many posts and have posted in this thread. Good try though. Hope your day goes well.
    Not directed at you, but I do agree that there are an awful lot of folks that post here quite a bit that have no interest whatsoever in BB10. Either they are very bored or...
    FranRamos likes this.
    01-11-15 03:49 PM
    You make people download it? So if they didn't and called or text you, you would ignore them?
    No... I would answer them. Then eventually get into a conversation about BBM. They would download, and use.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and FranRamos like this.
    01-11-15 03:49 PM
    Not directed at you, but I do agree that there are an awful lot of folks that post here quite a bit that have no interest whatsoever in BB10. Either they are very bored or...
    There are some. And there is someone else with about as many posts but she is an ambassador and BlackBerry all the way.
    sam81 and FranRamos like this.
    01-11-15 04:05 PM
    There are some. And there is someone else with about as many posts but she is an ambassador and BlackBerry all the way.
    She is an ambassador on a BlackBerry forum. Big difference. The time she spends on this site makes sense. The haters that spend an equal amount of time don't. You have to wonder about folks like that. Though if you ask them they will tell you they are pragmatic and realistic. Ugh.

Posted via CB10
    FranRamos, spyeagle, Al1n and 1 others like this.
    01-11-15 06:38 PM
    The verge has probably the worst reviews. Most bias reviews I've ever seen

Posted via CB10
    Al1n likes this.
    01-11-15 08:07 PM
    and back to the article....what was it about again? Lost me
    FranRamos likes this.
    01-11-15 11:08 PM
    Nice way of looking at it :-)
    FranRamos likes this.
    01-11-15 11:11 PM
    "I'm not so sure about that. Maybe not as big, but gaining traction, for sure. Look at all of the write ups on QNX lately. It is in 50 million autos already. Ever stop to think that some of these people driving these vehicles with QNX may take a look at Black Berry phones and in general thinking that if they are driving a vehicle in which QNX is used, it might make them make the switch and own a black berry phone as well? Especially if QNX enables communication with other devices? Think of how smoothly it would probably operate with bb phones. Possibilities are endless. Maybe not so much in the phone division, but in time some of it may start to come back "

The average automobile owner has never even heard of QNX. I love my BlackbBerry, but I understand the real world. Some people will buy iPhones, because they are "cool." Some people will buy Androids, because they are cheaper. I sincerely doubt that anyone buys BlackBerry because of QNX.
    kbz1960 and jmr1015 like this.
    01-12-15 02:19 AM
    When I read that part in The Verge's article, I knew that this would be discussed like this on CrackBerry. I liked the analyses and comparisons and the honourable mention of BlackBerry was a nice touch.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    01-12-15 02:37 AM
    I think this is a bit of a funny coincidence because I wasn't actually writing about you just then. Yes there is another poster that is as productive as you. Do I read every post. No,what I do do is after reading a negative post I press on the person's profile to see how many posts they have made. What I have noticed while doing this is that it seems to me that poster's that seem to me to be negative also seem the most prolific. What I've also noticed is that the most prolific posers tend to be some what passive aggressive starting there posts with "I love BlackBerry but " anyway it is only my personal opinion but I would encourage others to do their own experiment and come to their own conclusion.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. The old passive aggressive troll posts. Nice catch.
    01-12-15 02:50 AM
    What games have taught me?
    When you are moving in the right direction your enemies will stop/ bash you and henceforth is the same going on with BlackBerry.
    You keep moving no matter how ugly your enemies get.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 03:08 AM
    Hey guys..only started the thread to share with you guys what Ive found and to keep the community informed...didnt mean to be a "passive agressive troll" or anything like that.
    Al1n likes this.
    01-12-15 06:03 AM
    I'm not so sure about that. Maybe not as big, but gaining traction, for sure. Look at all of the write ups on QNX lately. It is in 50 million autos already. Ever stop to think that some of these people driving these vehicles with QNX may take a look at Black Berry phones and in general thinking that if they are driving a vehicle in which QNX is used, it might make them make the switch and own a black berry phone as well? Especially if QNX enables communication with other devices? Think of how smoothly it would probably operate with bb phones. Possibilities are endless. Maybe not so much in the phone division, but in time some of it may start to come back

QNX is in 50 million cars, has been in millions of auto's for a long time. How many of those 50 million cars do you think the owners of said cars know that QNX is in their cars? Probably less than 0.1% When you turn on your system does it say QNX? nope. It probably doesn't say anything, maybe the brand of the car you're driving, but not QNX...
    kbz1960 and sentimentGX4 like this.
    01-12-15 09:31 AM
    The Verge is the new online chat sites from the 90s
    01-12-15 10:44 AM
    From WikiPedia: In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values. If the dissonance is not reduced by changing one's belief, the dissonance can result in restoring consonance through misperception, rejection or refutation of the information, seeking support from others who share the beliefs, and attempting to persuade others.

The Verge can't start saying nice things about Blackberry now, they've spent too long bashing them.

Although it could also be applied to Blackberry fans over the past few years, we're all only human
    I was going to say the exact same thing!! GOOD CALL

My Mercury says Microsoft Sync. Didn't temp me at all to get a windows phone.
    A "Mercury?" That would explain a lot!!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-12-15 11:36 AM
    That comment about BlackBerry sure was needed and added immensely to this interestingly, well written article...not.
    Al1n likes this.
    01-12-15 04:01 PM
    That comment about BlackBerry sure was needed and added immensely to this interestingly, well written article...not.
    And that's the thing. It was such an unnecessary shot. If they had some insightful commentary than it wouldn't have been as bad. But just throwing that in at the end was so classless.

Posted via CB10
    Monsterlad likes this.
    01-12-15 04:18 PM
    I'm not so sure about that. Maybe not as big, but gaining traction, for sure. Look at all of the write ups on QNX lately. It is in 50 million autos already. Ever stop to think that some of these people driving these vehicles with QNX may take a look at Black Berry phones and in general thinking that if they are driving a vehicle in which QNX is used, it might make them make the switch and own a black berry phone as well? Especially if QNX enables communication with other devices? Think of how smoothly it would probably operate with bb phones. Possibilities are endless. Maybe not so much in the phone division, but in time some of it may start to come back
    The problem with this is people only see a product name. So people hear CarPlay, Android Auto, SuperKickAss Phone Link (TM). I work in one of the process plants people like to rave about on here that QNX can run and not once has it been called QNX. It referred to as it's product name. By everyone, including Engineers. Unfortunately, outside of Crackberry QNX is just 3 random letters picked from the alphabet.

It could be a good way in for Blackberry, in theory. Now try and imagine a car sales man talking about QNX and how the car uses a similar system that's used in power plants and is this type of kernel rather than this one and....

When he could just say it's called CarPlay and puts your iPhone screen on your car dashboard.
    Last edited by Yatezy; 01-12-15 at 04:30 PM.
    kbz1960 and asherN like this.
    01-12-15 04:19 PM
    *sigh* Is anyone actually surprised by what the Verge says about BlackBerry? I just get upset when they say that they're impartial. Obviously not.
    01-13-15 07:10 PM
    I had an argument like this over Netflix today. I admittedly carried it farther than I should have, but I didn't appreciate the Android fan calling ALL of us who use BlackBerry stupid. I may have gotten my figures wrong about how many of us there are, but I mentioned Android Runtime and BES 12. Nope. Not important to him that BlackBerry can support his device and other stuff that works with it. I believe I'm not the only one who is tired of insults for being different from the masses who can't decide to do something different. Do what works for you, but respect what other do if there's no harm being done to anyone.
    02-07-15 10:40 PM
    Not important to him that BlackBerry can support his device and other stuff that works with it.
    What do you mean?
    02-07-15 10:50 PM
    I mean a strictly hostile argument. Didn't matter that the BlackBerry he was familiar with isn't even close to the BlackBerry that exists today. BlackBerry and its users are stupid and that was that to this guy. I have no problem with a person disagreeing with me, but at least acknowledge things are different now than they were before. BlackBerry hate is both fashionable and outdated. Unfortunately there are people who simply enjoy insulting others for no better reason than they can.
    02-08-15 04:42 AM
    I see what you did there
    Monsterlad likes this.
    02-08-15 08:55 AM
    You are reaching. Very far

!
    I agree. Most people don't even know BB still exists. Using my Z10 at work at a local bar, and many co-workers asked if what I was using was actually a BB. The brand presence, as well as perception just isn't there. I doubt even more people know that QNX even exists, let alone owned by BB.
    02-12-15 01:31 AM
51 123