07-11-14 10:42 AM
27 12
tools
    I came across an article at work today on CNN reviewing the IPhone 6 screen and I saw Jennifer Westhoven pull her phone on the screen. To my surprise, I saw the typo attached to it.

I tweeted at her to get a Blackberry if she wants a keyboard and to stop supporting patent infringements.

Search the article and tweet your thoughts to her @jenwesthoven and stand up for BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 03:38 PM
    Did she respond back?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 04:12 PM
    I came across an article at work today on CNN reviewing the IPhone 6 screen and I saw Jennifer Westhoven pull her phone on the screen. To my surprise, I saw the typo attached to it.

I tweeted at her to get a Blackberry if she wants a keyboard and to stop supporting patent infringements.

Search the article and tweet your thoughts to her @jenwesthoven and stand up for BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    LOL did you stop using BB devices when they were sued by NTP, NXP, etc for patent inringement?
    07-10-14 04:21 PM
    The difference, of course, is BlackBerry was allowed to continue sell their keyboard devices while Typo had an injunction enforced against them.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 04:26 PM
    What does it tell us about her. She likes to use her iPhone but she needs a physical keyboard to be productive.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    07-10-14 04:32 PM
    The difference, of course, is BlackBerry was allowed to continue sell their keyboard devices while Typo had an injunction enforced against them.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but not illegal to use them. So, unless OP has proof there was a commercial transaction after the injunction... well, you get my drift.
    raino and eldricho like this.
    07-10-14 04:34 PM
    Someone recently posted that Typo was defying court orders and was still selling their keyboards. Not sure how that is OK. Hope BB saw it.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    07-10-14 04:34 PM
    Someone recently posted that Typo was defying court orders and was still selling their keyboards. Not sure how that is OK. Hope BB saw it.
    Well, what do you expect from a company that blatantly rips off the design of another company? They obviously don't care about the law or ethics for that matter...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    07-10-14 04:39 PM
    I'd like to see proof (not saying you or the person referring to are lying; just that from my understanding, Typo isn't even sending review units out to the press anymore).
    07-10-14 04:43 PM
    I'd like to see proof (not saying you or the person referring to are lying; just that from my understanding, Typo isn't even sending review units out to the press anymore).
    I'll have to see If I can find it. It was well after the injunction, the poster was at an airport, I believe, and saw a shelf or display with units available.
    07-10-14 06:08 PM
    I'll have to see If I can find it. It was well after the injunction, the poster was at an airport, I believe, and saw a shelf or display with units available.
    Well, that's a retailer, not the supplier, they could just have a surplus of it on hand...

07-10-14 07:23 PM
    OP is a tool. Only on crackberry I come across stupid threads like this.
    Hi undercover Jennifer Westhoven

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 09:52 PM
    What's wrong with you?

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    There is nothing wrong with him.

1. the op is simply upset and posts a thread ... but really why?! This is a BB Fan site, and at first jester you may think he's a BB fan ... so why is he then posting about the use of a competitive device in the FIRST place?! Hmmm. Gets you to think doesn't it.

2. seriously who cares ... why even bother tweeting her in the first place?!

3. Proven use of Tweets to stalk a person ... humanity has sunk below mobs salivating for a hanging to virtual stalking others. evolution at it's finest lol.

So seriously ... I don't think anything is wrong with saying this is the worst thread, not at all.
    07-10-14 10:01 PM
    I'm still amazed at least one person at some point thought the name for this thing was appropriate.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 10:26 PM
    I just ran into this on the website today as well.
    Here's the link to the video

Is this the new iPhone 6 screen? - CNN.com Video
    07-10-14 10:28 PM
    Using a typo on CNN-img_20140711_064015.png
    Using a typo on CNN-img_20140711_064022.png
    Using a typo on CNN-img_20140711_064028.png
    Using a typo on CNN-img_20140711_064034.png
    Using a typo on CNN-img_20140711_064108.png

So after reading the post and a few replies, I went onto Amazon and did a search for 'typo keyboard'. And as you can see, it for sale on there. At 79.95. So it looks like anyone who wants one can buy one.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-11-14 12:44 AM
    Well, that's a retailer, not the supplier, they could just have a surplus of it on hand...

I do believe that a stop sale can be ordered. I'm not sure if that was part of the injunction, but a retailer can be barred from distributing additional product if it's in violation.
    07-11-14 12:50 AM
    I do believe that a stop sale can be ordered. I'm not sure if that was part of the injunction, but a retailer can be barred from distributing additional product if it's in violation.
    Well as it says on the first item, that it's sold by Typo. Also others are selling them and probably on ebay as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 12:58 AM
    Retailers had to pay to get those units. It's not their fault the manufacturer broke the rules. It would not make sense if the court ruling meant retailers who have already purchased the units from the manufacturers could not sell off the inventory they have... Nor would that be fair...

07-11-14 01:27 AM
    It's being sold in Virgin Megastore in Dubai.

Using a typo on CNN-img_20140702_201451.jpg

Posted via My Beast Q10
    07-11-14 06:04 AM
    Since BlackBerry won't make a slider, I'd order a typo for my Z30 if they made one to fit. BlackBerry should have been out in front making keyboards for iOS and Android and for their own phones since they can't seem to make a rectangular phone with a keyboard.

Oh yeah if they fit the Z30 I'd be on amazon shoving money in Seacrest's pockets!

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    07-11-14 08:58 AM
    Retailers had to pay to get those units. It's not their fault the manufacturer broke the rules. It would not make sense if the court ruling meant retailers who have already purchased the units from the manufacturers could not sell off the inventory they have... Nor would that be fair...

That's what a manufacturer buyback is for...
    07-11-14 09:09 AM

Not true. Regardless of manufacturers or retailers, if there's copyright infringement any legit retailers will have to pull the products off the shelves. Otherwise, your local wallymart or target will be selling fake Disney, Gucci, YSL, Rolex, NBA, NFL, NHL merchandises.
    07-11-14 09:15 AM
    Not true. Regardless of manufacturers or retailers, if there's copyright infringement any legit retailers will have to pull the products off the shelves. Otherwise, your local wallymart or target will be selling fake Disney, Gucci, YSL, Rolex, NBA, NFL, NHL merchandises.
    Has infringement been determined in this case?
    07-11-14 09:19 AM
    Has infringement been determined in this case?
    Orrick said BlackBerry “established a likelihood of proving that Typo infringes the patents at issue and Typo has not presented a substantial question of the validity of those patents,”
    Full: BlackBerry Sales Injunction Stops Seacrest’s Typo iPhone Keyboard - TIME
    07-11-14 10:07 AM
27 12