01-21-14 08:57 AM
88 1234
tools
    Geez, for most of us, by the time the Z30 is launched it will be close to a year after the Z10 was launched anyway. I understand the complaints about Miracast because both the Q10 and Z10 were announced together, but I think there is enough of a gap here that justifies USB OTG for the Z30 only. New features are being added all the time. There is a reason carriers are now letting consumers upgrade in as little as 6 months now.

Also, think about the things we have gotten, or will get, that we didn't have when the Z10 was launched:

Actionable Toast Notifications
    Remote File Access
    WiFi Direct
    Lock Screen Notfication Previews
    Jelly Bean Android Support

It's real easy to complain about what you didn't get, but BBRY is improving the OS and will have given us two major upgrades within a year. EARLY WARNING!!! to those of us who are going to buy the Z30, BBRY may release a phone months later that will have features the Z30 won't have!
    BBPandy likes this.
    09-20-13 12:08 PM
    LOL and you believed him?!?! Hey BB10 is coming to the PlayBook too, oh wait!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the asinine comment. Sorry, but I didn't have the z/q10 microusb specs on me at my training session to adequately challenge him for you....smh.

So if he probably meant that it needed a power assisted accessory in order to use it and just didn't let me know.. that just make him a total frigging liar didn't it.

You could have just said, " it sounds like he didn't give you the whole story." instead of the smarta$$ comment you made.

Technology moves forwards.. keep that in mind.

Update: Keep in mind it only took BB less than a year to bring this feature to their new BB10 devices.. Apple not so much since 2007. Just tells me they're listening to most of what their customers are asking for.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Last edited by lynxs_claw; 09-20-13 at 04:41 PM.
    09-20-13 03:08 PM
    Thanks for the asinine comment. Sorry, but I didn't have the z/q10 microusb specs on me at my training session to adequately challenge him for you....smh.

So if he probably meant that it needed a power assisted accessory in order to use it and just didn't let me know.. that just make him a total frigging liar didn't it.

You could have just said, " it sounds like he didn't give you the whole story." instead of the smarta$$ comment you made.

Technology moves forwards.. keep that in mind.

Update: Keep in mind it only took BB less than a year to bring this feature to their new BB10 devices.. Apple not so much since 2007. Just tells me they're listening to most of what their customers are asking for.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    No it actually took 3 three years because they announced the PlayBook was supposed to get this functionality too back when they did the product announcement in October of 2010. This company has serious issues with delivering and execution, and an issues with "truthiness". But their are many out there with the soft bigotry of low expectations when BlackBerry is involved. I used to be in that group but they have burnt through the get out of jail free cards with me, and as you can see many other on this forum.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 05:49 PM
    How on earth are developers going to test this feature if it is only on Z30?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:46 AM
    Yep. Only the Z30 has the necessary hardware to do it natively. If the PlayBook had BB10, then it too would've been able to take advantage of it.

Posted via CB10
    Yet another failure by BlackBerry. Their goose is cooked and nobody likes the taste.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    09-21-13 03:22 PM
    Looks like it

Attachment 203610

Posted via CB10
    What the F? Are these people trying to kill BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    09-21-13 03:24 PM
    Kind of tired of all this people whining about BlackBerry. I have posted the news thinking that it was a POSITIVE news... but well there will be always someone complaining..

BB10.2, USB host and Natural Sound (that I would really like to test).. it is nice seeing, also in the difficult situation where BlackBerry is, some innovation and new feature.

The same feature on Apple devices would have been perceived with a lot of "Wooooow that is great!"

OK.. rant ended!

Posted via CB10
    BBPandy likes this.
    09-21-13 03:41 PM
    So if I have a usb B port how can this supposed dock work? I can figure it's possible but it's going to have to be some fancy dock that pushes file lists then files on request

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 03:46 PM
    Kind of tired of all this people whining about BlackBerry. I have posted the news thinking that it was a POSITIVE news... but well there will be always someone complaining..

BB10.2, USB host and Natural Sound (that I would really like to test).. it is nice seeing, also in the difficult situation where BlackBerry is, some innovation and new feature.

The same feature on Apple devices would have been perceived with a lot of "Wooooow that is great!"
    Sorry but I'm also getting tired of reminding people that your friend Thorsten, the guy at the helm of Blackberry, clearly set the expectation when he said in Sept 2012:

"At launch, there will be three full-screen devices with a virtual keyboard, and three devices with a physical QWERTY keyboard, but you will have the same BlackBerry 10 experience on all of these."

So when my flagship Z10 cannot even do what a low end device for "emerging markets" can do (Miracast), course I'm going to be annoyed.

To add insult to injury, The flagship Z10 AND Q10 (along with q5), will not support USB hosting.

So tell me, is THIS the same experience on all devices, cause by my definition, the Z30 owners, of which there will be not many of due to recent revelations, will have a different experience compared to the early adopters, the handsets are supposed to compete against iPhone and Android, instead, they compete against themselves:

Z10 < Q10 + Q5 < Z30

Originally these were supposed to launch together or slightly staggered due to unforeseen delays, but now they seem like successors not differentiators in form factors.
    CyberMan2013 and Saiga like this.
    09-21-13 03:48 PM
    What I'm confused about it is that there is no mention of the dock (that's even mentioned in the roadmaps) for USB OTG to work.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:17 PM
    Sorry but I'm also getting tired of reminding people that your friend Thorsten, the guy at the helm of Blackberry, clearly set the expectation when he said in Sept 2012:

"At launch, there will be three full-screen devices with a virtual keyboard, and three devices with a physical QWERTY keyboard, but you will have the same BlackBerry 10 experience on all of these."

So when my flagship Z10 cannot even do what a low end device for "emerging markets" can do (Miracast), course I'm going to be annoyed.

To add insult to injury, The flagship Z10 AND Q10 (along with q5), will not support USB hosting.

So tell me, is THIS the same experience on all devices, cause by my definition, the Z30 owners, of which there will be not many of due to recent revelations, will have a different experience compared to the early adopters, the handsets are supposed to compete against iPhone and Android, instead, they compete against themselves:

Z10 < Q10 + Q5 < Z30

Originally these were supposed to launch together or slightly staggered due to unforeseen delays, but now they seem like successors not differentiators in form factors.
    Well, on January 30th you found out that things had obviously changed since we didn't get 6 devices, but instead two. So, one would think that a phone that is then announced 8 months after the first launch would be a successor.
    09-21-13 06:07 PM
    Well, on January 30th you found out that things had obviously changed since we didn't get 6 devices, but instead two. So, one would think that a phone that is then announced 8 months after the first launch would be a successor.
    Ok since one would think that, how does one think about a phone that's got a :

"Slightly" larger screen
    Same screen quality
    Roughly same speed
    Same camera
    Same OS (when 10.2 is on all)
    NO removable battery (but bigger)

Being a successor?

So you add in Miracast and usb host and it becomes a successor? Thereby making the z10 practically worthless and the z30 at 600 when both phones are roughly the same in specs with a slight bump, one with two extra features...

Some justification that is.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    09-22-13 05:22 AM

Z10 < Q10 + Q5 < Z30

Z10 + Q5 == Z30 - Q10 Maybe?
    10-06-13 01:18 PM
    The phone has a decent bump in hardware quality - the battery is twice the size, the build quality is way better, the speakers are nicer etc.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    10-06-13 01:25 PM
    What a shame. They spent all this time including USB support and miracast support in the 10.2 SDK and nobody will have a device to take advantage of it.

Let's be realistic. The market for 5" devices is freaking tiny. Couple that with the fact that the market for BlackBerry devices is tiny. Can't even target existing users, this is as good as dead. Such an incredible shame that this company failed because of incompetent management.

Posted via CB10
    Samsung Galaxy 3 and 4 are top selling devices. They are like 5"

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-06-13 02:11 PM
    Ok since one would think that, how does one think about a phone that's got a :

"Slightly" larger screen
    Same screen quality
    Roughly same speed
    Same camera
    Same OS (when 10.2 is on all)
    NO removable battery (but bigger)

Being a successor?

So you add in Miracast and usb host and it becomes a successor? Thereby making the z10 practically worthless and the z30 at 600 when both phones are roughly the same in specs with a slight bump, one with two extra features...

Some justification that is.

Posted via CB10
    Wowowowow... that's a really bad analogy.

'What makes you think a Ferrari is an upgrade to a Mazda 121?
    - Both have 4 wheels
    - Both have windscreen wipers
    - Both use Petroleum
    - Same hubcaps

If you can't see that Z30 has many areas of the hardware that is elevated (compared to the Z10), then perhaps you have read no reviews yet.

10-06-13 02:19 PM

Z10 < Q10 + Q5 < Z30

It sucks when they improve their product.
    I AM ANGRY AT YOU BLACKBERRY FOR MAKING THE Z30 BETTER THAN THE Z10!!!!

And please... the Z10 coupled with BlackBerry 10 has many features that an emerging market Android does NOT have.

10-06-13 02:37 PM

And please... the Z10 coupled with BlackBerry 10 has many features that an emerging market Android does NOT have.

LoL
    I think I'm going to subscribe to this thread

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:31 AM
    Oh, yep... your right... let me explain how your right...

They included USB OTG hardware in the Playbook, made a song and dance about "Mobile Computing",
    then left out USB OTG hardware for the Z10, Q10, Q5, then included it in the Z30 (obviously need a selling point right?) and then called it an "improvement"

So..... one device has the hardware to support it, but no software (Playbook).
    The other devices have the software, but no hardware (Z10,Q10,Q5 + 10.2)

yay?
    10-07-13 05:59 AM
    The market for bbry is tiny, the market for a 5" bbry is even tinier. Has nothing to do with Apple, and can't for the life of me figure why that is the fall back argument
    You, it is tiny... Only between 3 and 5% of buyers/users have a phone 5 inches or bigger, according to some of the latest statistics.

Phones between 4 and 5 inches (yup, that includes iPhones) is over 60%, with devices under 4 inches making up the rest.

I know that phablets/phones bigger than 5 inches might seem like a big market, but that's just because blogs like to write about it, and device makers try to launch new phablets all the time.

(Why do they do that if the market is so small? Easy: Big margins and no Apple. So far its only Samsungs Note that has made any headway)
    10-07-13 10:39 AM
    People who are complaining about this simply do not understand business.

Companies make a product with a specific set of features. If you like the features, you buy the product.

When you put down the cash to buy that product, you know you forego the opportunity to buy something else in the future. It's called opportunity cost. It's inherent in every purchase you make.

As long as BlackBerry didn't lie about their product, you have no logical or reasonable claim to be upset with BlackBerry. That's how life works people. Deal with it or forever be complaining and miserable when this happens (which is all the time).

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike and Jahcure like this.
    10-07-13 12:06 PM
    Planned obsolescence

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 02:42 PM
    Oh, yep... your right... let me explain how your right...

They included USB OTG hardware in the Playbook, made a song and dance about "Mobile Computing",
    then left out USB OTG hardware for the Z10, Q10, Q5, then included it in the Z30 (obviously need a selling point right?) and then called it an "improvement"

So..... one device has the hardware to support it, but no software (Playbook).
    The other devices have the software, but no hardware (Z10,Q10,Q5 + 10.2)

yay?
    PlayBook is a tablet. Z10 is a phone?

Even Apple have different specs in their tablets and phones.

Weird how you think a company should have the exact same specs in all their products.
    10-07-13 09:00 PM
    PlayBook is a tablet. Z10 is a phone?

Even Apple have different specs in their tablets and phones.

Weird how you think a company should have the exact same specs in all their products.
    Weird how you think its ok for a 2 year old tablet to have USB support but not enough RAM to support BB10.

Weird how you think 3 phones by Blackberry in 2013 tipped to be the leaders in mobile computing do not support Miracast or USB support when other android devices have had this for years.
    10-08-13 04:16 AM
    USB2GO support came with my Nokia C7 (Symbian S^3) way back in February 2011.

Where the hell has BlackBerry been ? Oh that's right .. ignoring the mobile marketplace as usual whilst their competitors storm pass them and chuckle gleefully
    10-08-13 05:00 AM
88 1234