Final sentence is enough to get people to try it out...

"BBM for iOS and Android is a treat for expats who left the BlackBerry platform, as well as those new to instant messaging world. Its reliability, speed and security give it an edge over IM alternatives, but BlackBerry needs to beef up its feature set to truly compete on multiple platforms."

BBM: app is speedy, secure- but missing some features
    gobimmer and Kostas Aspiotis like this.
    10-28-13 10:35 AM
    Thanks for posting this! The features are coming.
    gobimmer likes this.
    10-28-13 10:42 AM
    Very positive review. He even liked the design!
    10-28-13 10:48 AM
    I cannot agree with the "reliability and speed" comments when 50% of my messages do not get delivered and the bugs the app currently has on iOS.

On BB10? Definitely reliable and speedy.
    10-28-13 11:00 AM
    My quick tests with my wife's android phone where surprisingly fast. I was actually expecting it to be a little slow, which is was not. I haven't tested with the iOS version.
    10-28-13 11:06 AM
    wow 2:1 not bad
    10-28-13 11:09 AM
    Yh...I don't know what speed problems people are complaining about, I have contacts around the world on iPhone android, and have no problems.
    Nice review btw

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:23 AM
    I installed BBM on an old Atrix 4G flashed with ICS and I'm amazed at how smoothly it runs on it. The familiar BB10 UI also provides a respite from the hosting Android environment.... but that's probably just because I'm a BB10 user.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:26 AM
    Good review. Downloaded to 3 IPhone's 5 and all working well. Took little time to settle on one of them, but after it did, working the same way as on my Z10.
    10-28-13 11:44 AM
    I currently got 3 of my Android friends to download it and they were all very impressed also. My iPhone friends are all stubborn and refuse to even try a Blackberry app on their phone.
    10-28-13 12:04 PM
    20 iPhoners now back in contact via BBM. Welcome home to real technology, luddites. @BlackBerry, Piers Morgan just tweeted that.

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    10-28-13 12:16 PM
    I cannot agree with the "reliability and speed" comments when 50% of my messages do not get delivered and the bugs the app currently has on iOS.

Absolute Rubbish!

Posted from my gorgeous Z30
    10-28-13 02:29 PM
    All my friends who downloaded it are on ios and they haven't had any issues. Some people seem to be having isolated issues, but that's hardly a system wide bug.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 03:09 PM
    Absolute Rubbish!

Posted from my gorgeous Z30
    Because if it isn't happening for you it isn't happening for anyone right?
    10-28-13 03:47 PM
    Because if it isn't happening for you it isn't happening for anyone right?
    No....because if it's happening for you it's happening for everyone else?

From what I've seen around the social sphere, these issues are isolated and do not represent the majority of x platform bbm users.

To say that it's buggy because 1% of users are having some issues (which seem to be getting resolved pretty quickly) is a grave generalization and wildly inaccurate.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 04:36 PM
    No....because if it's happening for you it's happening for everyone else?
    When did I try to make it sound like everyone is having this issue? I said MY messages. Although, it is reported by other users on this forum that similar things are happening to them as well, and you can see comments in the review section on the App Store.

From what I've seen around the social sphere, these issues are isolated and do not represent the majority of x platform bbm users.

To say that it's buggy because 1% of users are having some issues (which seem to be getting resolved pretty quickly) is a grave generalization and wildly inaccurate.

Posted via CB10
    1%? Ok, do you have a source?

I'm not saying the majority of the users are having this experience. I'm just saying that there are some bugs for some people.

Problems are getting resolved quickly, and new ones will always arise. I love my BBM experience on BB10. I hope I will be able to achieve the same level of quality on all platforms.
    10-28-13 05:21 PM

what bugs on ios? nobody I know is experiencing any

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 05:25 PM
    BBM is missing features on Android. I don't know about iOS.

Android users are unable to send location other attachments.

but it's still worth it. D and R rock!
    10-28-13 05:28 PM
    My parents are iPhone users and ever since bbm went cross platform that is the only way they message me. They haven't mentioned to me any issues with using it.
    10-28-13 05:33 PM
    what bugs on ios? nobody I know is experiencing any

Posted via CB10
    Try responding from a banner notification and from clicking the Notification Center notification and see if the message you were trying to respond to is still there (for both).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still happens. I am not experiencing this issue with any other app.

All of my contacts also had the same picture after the latest update but it eventually sorted itself out.

iOS 7.0.3 on an iPhone 5S.
    10-28-13 05:40 PM
    The only two things I see that Whatsapp has over BBM is the fact that when you receive messages it shows you the last "n" unread messages, and the more possibilities of file sharing in group chats (video, location, contacts, etc.), at least these are the two that my iOS and Android contacts claim to me, but still they are looking forward for voice, video and maybe screen share (which I don't know if will also come to ios and android)
    10-28-13 06:30 PM
    [QUOTE=avt123;9434786]Try responding from a banner notification and from clicking the Notification Center notification and see if the message you were trying to respond to is still there (for both).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still happens. I am not experiencing this issue with any other app.

All of my contacts also had the same picture after the latest update but it eventually sorted itself out.

iOS 7.0.3 on an iPhone 5S.[/QUOTe
    delete
    10-29-13 02:39 AM