11-19-14 09:00 AM
78 1234
tools
    It means nothing until the contracts are signed and stuff is delivered, which is where DoD usually has issues. They could launch a fleet of BB10 devices tomorrow.....or it could get caught up in so much politics they'll be discussing launching BB20 devices in however many years lol.
    Or inked a deal already that BB will talk about at Investor day..Sometimes a duck is a duck.
    11-12-14 03:54 PM
    Or inked a deal already that BB will talk about at Investor day..Sometimes a duck is a duck.
    Indeed. Guess we'll find out tomorrow, maybe, possibly...... hopefully? lol.
    11-12-14 03:57 PM
    Indeed. Guess we'll find out tomorrow, maybe, possibly...... hopefully? lol.
    Agreed. To both. Duck sounds better then more sh1t talking.
    11-12-14 04:02 PM
    That is excellent news. The Z30 is a very good phone with a ton of capabilities. Took a while but the DoD seems to see the value in Balance.
    11-12-14 04:24 PM
    And she makes the comment while her boss (the President) is using a highly modified Blackberry, no less.
    I'm not sure but I think I remember him saying that he was kind of forced to use his BlackBerry, and was made fun of by his daughters too.
    11-12-14 05:47 PM
    I'm not sure but I think I remember him saying that he was kind of forced to use his BlackBerry, and was made fun of by his daughters too.
    Yep, another person concerned over how "cool" he appears to the public.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-12-14 05:57 PM
    You mean return?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 06:19 PM
    You mean return?

Posted via CB10
    Well, it does say BB10.

11-12-14 06:35 PM
    Here's a theory: BlackBerry got with Ingram Micro to distribute devices to large organizations such as the DoD so they can buy them off contract at lower than cost prices (BlackBerry can pass the savings from not giving price margins to the carrier).

Then the customer can negotiate lower prices on the data plan since they don't have to subsidize the phone and get stuck on 2 year contracts.

Keeps the phone prices lower over time and keeps the carrier honest.

Posted via CB10
    undone, mornhavon and theRock1975 like this.
    11-12-14 06:49 PM
    Here's a theory: BlackBerry got with Ingram Micro to distribute devices to large organizations such as the DoD so they can buy them off contract at lower than cost prices (BlackBerry can pass the savings from not giving price margins to the carrier).

Then the customer can negotiate lower prices on the data plan since they don't have to subsidize the phone and get stuck on 2 year contracts.

Keeps the phone prices lower over time and keeps the carrier honest.
    That makes far too much sense for it to actually happen :-P
    It would be great to see though.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    11-12-14 08:12 PM
    Amusing Halvorson is talking up BB10 features while that white house girl is joking how it's old and her kids make fun of her. Those who get it, get it.
    Completely agree. And also amusing that they joke about BlackBerry and yet we read about the daily Chinese hacks of US governmental agencies systems (think it was the national weather service, today). Someone in charge better get the head out of their posterior before one of these hacks brings down something really important.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:20 PM
    They must not be very smart lawyers! They sound like the lawyers my students use! I teach construction to inmates in an Illinois prison!
    I think the firm name is Dewy, Chetum and Howe.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 01:10 AM
    I think the firm name is Dewy, Chetum and Howe.

Posted via CB10
    Chewy, Han and Lando... :-)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    11-13-14 01:55 AM
    That's the great thing about freedom of speech. She had every right to say that about BlackBerry just like we have every right to criticize her comments. That being said, she did/said nothing wrong. Also, remember that her boss did say he loves the iPhone and (maybe) said he would use one if he could.

I love my Z30, but there is nothing wrong with people have opinions about BlackBerry that are similar to my opinions about Apple and Android.
    mornhavon likes this.
    11-13-14 12:18 PM
    Your reasoning is spot on too, the last thing the government needs to do is start endorsing an OS they don't even certify as DoD compliant, and making fun of the only one that is.
    You need to research that statement.
    11-13-14 09:32 PM
    You need to research that statement.
    Go ahead and educate him then.

11-13-14 10:27 PM
    Go ahead and educate him then.

I've done it too many times on this board. The FUD is overwhelming.

DISA approves Android/Samsung Knox for DoD networks | Federal Times | federaltimes.com

DISA helped create Knox. They are going to use it.
    11-14-14 08:54 AM
    Android devices (not all) have been approved by DoD since last year:

DoD grants network access to Android, BlackBerry 10 devices - FederalNewsRadio.com
    11-14-14 08:55 AM
    So was BlackBerry. And they haven't deployed Android have they? Or is there a link which shows thousands have been?

The guy is a new CIO and he didn't wave android did he? Or say he is going to deploy Android.

Maybe Samsung saw the writing on the wall that Knox wasn't going to go anywhere fast and so partnered with BlackBerry.

There is also speculation that DoD did this on purpose to so they got better competitive pricing from BlackBerry.

Either we can all say whatever we want. The proof will be when actual handsets are deployed then we will know who won out.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 09:06 AM

I've actually worked for the DoD. Once again, the DoD does not buy phones for the entire DoD. Never have, never will. The reason? You need a carrier to make the whole thing work. Separate entities (installations) can have different carriers. The DoD lists what can be put on the network, then the separate entities know which way they can go.

Sorry to bring facts to the FUD show.
    11-14-14 09:14 AM
    I've done it too many times on this board. The FUD is overwhelming.

DISA approves Android/Samsung Knox for DoD networks | Federal Times | federaltimes.com

DISA helped create Knox. They are going to use it.
    Then this article would confuse everyone then: http://defensesystems.com/articles/2...droid.aspx?m=1

Since you seem to (or claim to) know everything there is to know about it, does your articles mention what environment those Androids are allowed to work on? And what the difference is between one level of certification and "full operational capability" is? The article I read seemed to be much more specific about everything, including the fact that those devices were approved but only if running on BES... Is none of that true? Should you email defensesystems.com to educate them as well? Let me know man, I'll be glad to help you start the email process. Knowing is half the battle.

11-14-14 09:51 AM
    Did I claim to be all knowing? Now, let's be grownups and avoid the absurd please? I've re-read my post, and can't seem to find any part where I specified what network controls were required. Could you point that out to me please? I am simply correcting posts that are completely wrong. I'm sorry that offends you.

For the 197,549,362nd time DISA sets standards, subordinates are allowed to move within those standards.

From your link:

The Army, for example, uses Samsung Galaxy Note II devices for its Nett Warrior program, and the Air Force said earlier this year it was going to replace 5,000 BlackBerrys with iOS devices.
    Although BlackBerry 10 is the only platform yet to receive Full Operational Capability approval, DISA has awarded STIG approvals for five Samsung Galaxy devices embedded with the Knox security platform and Apple iOS 6 devices on unclassified networks.

*Note, your reference was published on 6 August and iOS 7 with Good Technology MDM management was approved on 20 August.

Enterprise mobility management provider Good Technology has received approval for their Secure Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) from the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), allowing the Department of Defense and other government agencies to use the company’s suite of mobility products on Apple’s iOS7 operating system.

The STIG allows for the implementation of Good’s mobile device management system, mobile email management system, mobile application management and secure email. The platform provides the ability for app containerization, access to an enterprise app store and S/MIME support for both smart cards and derived credentials.

KNOX is not only in use, it is being utilized on NSA CLASSIFIED networks!!!

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Oct. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics C4 Systems recently received the Defense Mobile Classified Capability (DMCC) contract from the National Security Agency (NSA). As part of the contract, General Dynamics will deliver up to 1,000 Samsung KNOX™-enabled Galaxy S 4 smartphones provisioned with added GD Protected software for the U.S. government. With these new smartphones, authorized government personnel will be able to make secure phone calls and access classified email. The GD Protected Samsung KNOX smartphones represent an important step toward the government's Commercial Solutions for Classified initiative.

And look, even more actual FACTS:
    Samsung has announced that hardware running on its Knox platform are the first consumer mobile devices to be NIAP-validated and approved for classified use by the US Government. Multiple devices by the Korean manufacturer have been added to the Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) Program Component List, allowing agencies to rely on Samsung's Knox platform for advanced levels of security.

Earlier this year, Samsung saw its mobile devices officially added to the Defence Information Systems Agency (DISA) Department of Defence Approved Products list for unclassified (but sensitive) use. Samsung's achievement will enable to company to score contracts with government bodies and contractors to offer solutions meeting a range of security objectives. The UK government also signed off on Samsung hardware, which can now be used by public sector works.
    mornhavon likes this.
    11-14-14 10:16 AM
    Did I claim to be all knowing? Now, let's be grownups and avoid the absurd please? I've re-read my post, and can't seem to find any part where I specified what network controls were required. Could you point that out to me please? I am simply correcting posts that are completely wrong. I'm sorry that offends you.

For the 197,549,362nd time DISA sets standards, subordinates are allowed to move within those standards.

From your link:

The Army, for example, uses Samsung Galaxy Note II devices for its Nett Warrior program, and the Air Force said earlier this year it was going to replace 5,000 BlackBerrys with iOS devices.
    Although BlackBerry 10 is the only platform yet to receive Full Operational Capability approval, DISA has awarded STIG approvals for five Samsung Galaxy devices embedded with the Knox security platform and Apple iOS 6 devices on unclassified networks.

*Note, your reference was published on 6 August and iOS 7 with Good Technology MDM management was approved on 20 August.

Enterprise mobility management provider Good Technology has received approval for their Secure Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) from the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), allowing the Department of Defense and other government agencies to use the companys suite of mobility products on Apples iOS7 operating system.

The STIG allows for the implementation of Goods mobile device management system, mobile email management system, mobile application management and secure email. The platform provides the ability for app containerization, access to an enterprise app store and S/MIME support for both smart cards and derived credentials.

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Oct. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics C4 Systems recently received the Defense Mobile Classified Capability (DMCC) contract from the National Security Agency (NSA). As part of the contract, General Dynamics will deliver up to 1,000 Samsung KNOX-enabled Galaxy S 4 smartphones provisioned with added GD Protected software for the U.S. government. With these new smartphones, authorized government personnel will be able to make secure phone calls and access classified email. The GD Protected Samsung KNOX smartphones represent an important step toward the government's Commercial Solutions for Classified initiative.

Samsung has announced that hardware running on its Knox platform are the first consumer mobile devices to be NIAP-validated and approved for classified use by the US Government. Multiple devices by the Korean manufacturer have been added to the Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) Program Component List, allowing agencies to rely on Samsung's Knox platform for advanced levels of security.

Earlier this year, Samsung saw its mobile devices officially added to the Defence Information Systems Agency (DISA) Department of Defence Approved Products list for unclassified (but sensitive) use. Samsung's achievement will enable to company to score contracts with government bodies and contractors to offer solutions meeting a range of security objectives. The UK government also signed off on Samsung hardware, which can now be used by public sector works.
    Whoa there cowboy, nobody was getting offended by anything. At least not until now apparently, no reason to be so defensive. You're the one claiming to work for the DoD so therefore I merely deduced that would mean the reason why you're putting your input on this subject because you know all about it. Which is why I asked if you can provide more information rather than simply "you're wrong." Then I linked that article to show how it can confuse everyone (pretty sure I said exactly that, I'll check after I post this...) because it states that BB10 is the only phone with full operational capability. Again, I leave it to you since you cited your relationship with the DoD to clear up any misconceptions or confusion that statement could produce, and even offered to help you educate the editors of that site and others if in fact that information is not correct. I'm sure they would appreciate having inside information on the matter such as yourself.

gokulesh likes this.
    11-14-14 01:30 PM
    11-14-14 02:54 PM

From your link:

Enterprise mobility management provider Good Technology has received approval for their Secure Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) from the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), allowing the Department of Defense and other government agencies to use the companys suite of mobility products on Apples iOS7 operating system.

The STIG allows for the implementation of Goods mobile device management system, mobile email management system, mobile application management and secure email. The platform provides the ability for app containerization, access to an enterprise app store and S/MIME support for both smart cards and derived credentials.

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Oct. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics C4 Systems recently received the Defense Mobile Classified Capability (DMCC) contract from the National Security Agency (NSA). As part of the contract, General Dynamics will deliver up to 1,000 Samsung KNOX-enabled Galaxy S 4 smartphones provisioned with added GD Protected software for the U.S. government. With these new smartphones, authorized government personnel will be able to make secure phone calls and access classified email. The GD Protected Samsung KNOX smartphones represent an important step toward the government's Commercial Solutions for Classified initiative.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    stealthbob likes this.
    11-15-14 05:52 AM
78 1234