11-19-14 10:00 AM
78 1234
tools
    Passport, Z30 and Classic - with these three you don't need anything else. Just follow orders from Terry Halvorsen the man.
    11-11-14 01:41 AM
    Terrific news! Even if they don't use all BlackBerry 10 devices it would be great to know their other devices are managed by BES 12 to prove a point to the rest of the industry that BlackBerry MDM is scalable, secure, and cross platform.

Of course it would be great to see 450K orders for Passports, Z30s, and Classics

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 02:52 AM
    oh boy , Shares might go big on this together with bes 12 and the new classic !
    11-11-14 04:09 AM
    Buy shares now!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 05:12 AM
    Is he holding a Z30?

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    11-11-14 05:13 AM
    You missed the statement: "we're just about ready to give everyone one of these. It's still a Blackberry, but...." Terry Halvorsen was the Navy's CIO, and in the Navy, it's salute and say "Aye, Aye, Sir!" This is what's going to happen. This guy has big stroke, and he knows it. BB10 going big now, especially with BES12. This will be a big revenue source for BBRY.
    I didn't miss that part. What I was hoping is that different levels of the government would have to follow suit not just the dod. If other departments get to pick devices they may not be BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 05:36 AM
    That is a really nice Z30 he is holding in front of the audience isn't it?

US DoD Getting Ready to go BB10!?-capture.png

Finally someone is understanding the value of BES and BlackBerry. They certified the platform.. it is almost time they start using it!!!
    How come I have this feeling that we will not see this news on BGR & Co??
    11-11-14 08:57 AM
    Seems JC might be wrong about touch only phones and Enterprise. This explains why Z30's went missing for a while.
    Looks like they bought up a bunch.
    We shall see....

Yep, don't make any more of them kinds of phones. Why succeed now?

BlackBerry hates America!
    11-11-14 11:34 AM
    Seems JC might be wrong about touch only phones and Enterprise. This explains why Z30's went missing for a while.
    Looks like they bought up a bunch.
    We shall see....

Yep, don't make any more of them kinds of phones. Why succeed now?

I don't get it. They're still making them, but needed to do something noticeable with their trademark physical keyboard (no one argues about BlackBerry's keyboard). At the same time, they can't announce a future all touch product because it would undercut the prospective sales of what they are trying to sell now (the Passport).

You don't hear Apple talking about the iPhone 7 while trying to sell you the iPhone 6 do you? Does that mean Apple will no longer make touch screen devices too?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 12:17 PM
    I'm glad BlackBerry cleared inventories of Z10,Q10 and Q5. DoD shouldn't have the option of acquiring discounts on smartphones that were pretty much designed for them.

Passport, Classic and Z30:
    $500-$700 each, Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh and dusdal like this.
    11-11-14 01:06 PM
    I'm glad BlackBerry cleared inventories of Z10,Q10 and Q5. DoD shouldn't have the option of acquiring discounts on smartphones that were pretty much designed for them.

Passport, Classic and Z30:
    $500-$700 each, Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    No discount for purchasing hundreds of phones? Are you nuts!?

Get real.

lnichols likes this.
    11-11-14 01:46 PM
    No discount for purchasing hundreds of phones? Are you nuts!?

Get real.

lol... government acquisitions are a funny thing. Usually they have to use no-name subcontractor that's listed on the GSA schedule, the contractor gets a bulk order discount, and then bills the government agency at 150% premium. It's how I end up sitting all day on a $1200 office chair that I could have bought at staples for $299.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime and southlander like this.
    11-11-14 03:20 PM
    lol... government acquisitions are a funny thing. Usually they have to use no-name subcontractor that's listed on the GSA schedule, the contractor gets a bulk order discount, and then bills the government agency at 150% premium. It's how I end up sitting all day on a $1200 office chair that I could have bought at staples for $299.

Posted via CB10
    Government efficiency at work.
    11-12-14 02:50 AM
    Spread the dough around... :-)
    Print more, if you need LOL

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    slagman5 likes this.
    11-12-14 03:23 AM
    When it's other people's money ya know...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    slagman5 likes this.
    11-12-14 03:28 AM
    I didn't miss that part. What I was hoping is that different levels of the government would have to follow suit not just the dod. If other departments get to pick devices they may not be BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    No this only applies to DoD. Other places have already started rolling out BB10. Others are looking at ways to make other devices work as securely.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:47 AM
    I'm not sure where some of you get your information.

1. I was involved in purchasing for an Army entity. We contracted with CDW for most of our OTS IT needs. Dell was the absolute go to for computers. HP only for printers.

2. For phones, we got them free from the carrier. All BB, but usually older models. VZW and ATT would fight for the contract.

3. Although the news is great for BB, most Army IT folks don't have the money to buy phones. It just isn't realistic. Right now, my old co-workers are fighting to keep their jobs due to RIF. No money.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    11-12-14 10:02 AM
    "About halfway through his FedTalks presentation, Halvorsen held up his personal mobile device. ?We?re just about ready to tell everybody you can have one of these,? he said. ?This is still a Blackberry, still a government-provided device, but now I have personal space on this. I have my personal email, I have personal apps. One device integrated with the personal side of the business. That?s a big thing for us to do because I think it?s an admission that our workforce, both civilian and military ? particularly the younger part of our workforce ? is demanding different things. We?ve got to accommodate that somewhat.?

bingo.

Posted via CB10
    And soon you will be able to have multiple phone numbers/contracts on 1 phone.And for secretive folk encrypted phone calls built into the OS.

Good stuff Bes12 must have some nice stuff.
    11-12-14 11:21 AM
    Amusing Halvorson is talking up BB10 features while that white house girl is joking how it's old and her kids make fun of her. Those who get it, get it.
    Just another example of how clueless those in the White House really are.

This is great for BlackBerry. All the positive news the better.
    11-12-14 01:47 PM
    Amusing Halvorson is talking up BB10 features while that white house girl is joking how it's old and her kids make fun of her. Those who get it, get it.
    The difference between someone who is all business and someone who cares about appearing "cool."

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-12-14 02:06 PM
    Sounds good... of course it seems every few months there is some new shift at the DOD. Or different departments/branches implementing their own programs.... Have they been able to consolidate everything? I taught there was some major concerns with relying on one platform, and that platform relying on it's own network that could be a weak point of attack.

But yes the different branches of the DOD are ready for an upgrade.... a friend of mine just got his new (at least to him) 9650.

But too be honest, at this point I don't think Balance is going to be all that big of a deal. It would still be the Governments device and there would still be limitations placed on what you could do with it - or the worry of big brother monitoring what you are doing. For most the carrying of two devices would continue.....
    11-12-14 03:09 PM
    The difference between someone who is all business and someone who cares about appearing "cool."

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    And someone who is a former Google employee.
    11-12-14 03:44 PM
    And someone who is a former Google employee.
    Consumer market... ;-)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    11-12-14 04:05 PM
    This means alot more than just devices...

The Juice so to say is made on BES12 licensing.
    11-12-14 04:40 PM
    This means alot more than just devices...

The Juice so to say is made on BES12 licensing.
    It means nothing until the contracts are signed and stuff is delivered, which is where DoD usually has issues. They could launch a fleet of BB10 devices tomorrow.....or it could get caught up in so much politics they'll be discussing launching BB20 devices in however many years lol.
    11-12-14 04:49 PM
78 1234